• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Just woke up. Good to see team Green in a ridiculous lead.
Bummed that we got another shitty batch of flash sales and no exciting deals (I already own everything but DLC quest on the comedy platformer side).

I'd like to try Jazz Punk, but not for that price. It can wait till winter.

Head.spawn

Just picked up:

Marlow Briggs
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Waves
Skyrim Legendary Edition
Sine Mora
Ether Vapor Remaster

$25. Not a bad haul. I'm really hoping the Rocksmith songs go on sale, or at least cheaper than what they currently are. Also, a cheap Splinter Cell collection would be nice as well.

mannerbot

Just picked up:

Marlow Briggs
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Waves
Skyrim Legendary Edition
Sine Mora
Ether Vapor Remaster

$25. Not a bad haul. I'm really hoping the Rocksmith songs go on sale, or at least cheaper than what they currently are. Also, a cheap Splinter Cell collection would be nice as well.

I hope you already own Ikaruga and Crimzon Clover because if not WHAT ARE YOU DOING

No catch, its a contest from Mars candy.

how does one redeem the voucher without triggering the steam market police? i don't want to give them a legitimate reason to extend my already unjust temp ban...

Have fun with it. I've been meaning to pick it up sometime since I'm a minecraft fan. One day it'll be mine!

Speaking of minecraft, it has come to my attention that Octodad hates Notch:

http://a.pomf.se/jwfjel.webm

G-Pink

Man, what a lead on green. I've not bought much from this Steam Sale, but I'm into these cards, and crafting some badges has been pretty fun. I'm making sure to craft at least one auxiliary badge per day, so I at least get one Summer Badge a day.

I think if anything, this sale is good for making me consider playing games I haven't in a while.

Only a couple trades away from crafting.

Zomba13

The damage so far...

Q88lwpt.png

The last few sales haven't been too bad against me. Nothing I really wanted, at least not at prices I wanted but this year has had a fair few and a fair few more to come I expect (including UnEpic and FFVII if the win the vote/when they are flash or daily).

Also, dunno if already posted but saw this in the indie thread:

All right, bit of an odd deal, but there's a secret sale on Pinball Arcade tables. Specifically, a launch pack, containing Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not and Theatre of Magic is available exclusively in-game for a penny.

Here's how to get it.

Step 1) Download Pinball Arcade
Step 2) Go to Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables
Step 3) Select Black Hole (or Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic, but Black Hole is close to the top of the screen)
Step 4) Click on the Buy Now button
Step 5) Click on "Buy Launch Pack"
Step 6) Steam will ask for a penny from your Steam Wallet. I believe it's possible to add a penny at this stage using your regular payment methods. Or sell something on the Steam Marketplace first, whatever works.
Step 7) Go back to the main menu and find your new tables under My Tables (surprise surprise)
Step 8) Play some pinball!

On that note:

Pinball Arcade Rock Band model, pay per table/various prices for multipacks

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
how does one redeem the voucher without triggering the steam market police? i don't want to give them a legitimate reason to extend my already unjust temp ban...

It's just a prepaid debit card, use it like any other card (up to $6). I used it to send myself an Amazon gift card to myself

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Antichamber -- MB-F9748717DD9C3B82 - Taken by Speevy. 7 entrants total.

t1403417557z1.png

This giveaway is redeemed via a Humble Bundle link if that makes a difference. Good luck!

I hope that Skyrim goes on sale again at some point and the other Elder Scrolls games get better discounts. I'd probably get them for 75% off, but for 50% I'll wait.

milena87

Should I buy the DLC Cold, Cold Heart for Batman Origins? Is it any good?

And most importantly, why make a season pass for a game when you only intend to deliver one story DLC and another one of your challenges DLC?

Anyway, yes team greeen!

Tizoc

And most importantly, why make a season pass for a game when you only intend to deliver one story DLC and another one of your challenges DLC?

Anyway, yes team greeen!
Heard that dlc is good.

Anyway, yes team greeen!

It's not bad, but largely forgettable. Buy if you loved Origins or Mr Freeze was your favorite character.

Jonm1010

Banned
Gotta say, nothing irritates more then buying a PC game only to find out it doesn't work properly.

Bought Metal Slug 3 today and after I boot up the game and try and change the resolution to 1080p and enter full screen all I get is a super zoomed in picture in full screen.

Even in windowed mode its super zoomed in at anything over the most poor resolution. Scan the Steam forums, nothing. Scan the official Bug discussion for the game, nothing.

So I just bought a game I can't play. Awesome!!

It's times like these I understand why console gamers don't want to get involved with PC gaming.

Sajjaja

Anyway, yes team greeen!

I heard it's completely based on a Mr Freeze episode from the Animated Series so.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Gotta say, nothing irritates more then buying a PC game only to find out it doesn't work properly.

Bought Metal Slug 3 today and after I boot up the game and try and change the resolution to 1080p and enter full screen all I get is a super zoomed in picture in full screen.

Even in windowed mode its super zoomed in at anything over the most poor resolution. Scan the Steam forums, nothing. Scan the official Bug discussion for the game, nothing.

So I just bought a game I can't play. Awesome!!

It's times like these I understand why console gamers don't want to get involved with PC gaming.
Don't ever buy a Ubisoft game.

Reminding everyone (US only maybe?) to text movie to 78787 again. Its a new day. I won twice so far. Extra 6$ to fleece gabens pockets.

My wife and I both won the first try but we can't get our codes to work when adding funds to the Steam wallet. Do you guys have to type a different first/last name or phone number?

I heard it's completely based on a Mr Freeze episode from the Animated Series so.

Yes and no. Mr Freeze's origin is similar, and the main factor in it is the same (mainly a certain character you can smell a mile away) but it is changed enough to fit in with Origin's storyline.

Evo X

My wife and I both won the first try but we can't get our codes to work when adding funds to the Steam wallet. Do you guys have to type a different first/last name or phone number?

I just used "M" as the name and put in the address and phone number they provided in the PDF. Worked fine on Amazon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like there might be some big changes coming for Enhanced Steam and how it works with and processes data from the Steam API servers. It seems that we've finally caught Valve's attention with almost 1 million users, but not in a good way. :(

Kolma

Bought one game and one game only today
Rocksmith 2014
Had the cable from a BB Rocksmith deal forever ago where I got Guitar+Bass version with realtone cable on 360 for only 30 bucks forever ago.
Never learned to much on it cause mostof the songs were garbage...
2014 has been a HUGE turnaround filled with a ton of great songs. (hoping first goes on sale so that I can buy and import it)

On another note... WTF is up with Green Team's insane lead and the fact that I've apparently earned 0 points despite voting over 3 times today and buying a game that cost over 10 bucks

Yakkue

Looks like there might be some big changes coming for Enhanced Steam and how it works with and processes data from the Steam API servers. It seems that we've finally caught Valve's attention with almost 1 million users, but not in a good way. :(

What happened?

Fracas

#fuckonami

Oh wow, that's terrible.

Who didn't love origins and why haven't the lynch mobs gotten them yet?

Oh my God, soooooo many people hated Origins. Mainly because of the "game breaking glitches" that affected so few people. They also groaned about the "tacked on" multiplayer (which I loved dearly), and the mere fact a different studio made it. Oh, and the comments about how patching the game was a non-issue when they had DLC to make.

But, as a massive Batman fan, I loved it. It didn't have the staying power of the older games, but the story was massively better than City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom