• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

Looks like there might be some big changes coming for Enhanced Steam and how it works with and processes data from the Steam API servers. It seems that we've finally caught Valve's attention with almost 1 million users, but not in a good way. :(

That makes me sad.

I just used "M" as the name and put in the address and phone number they provided in the PDF. Worked fine on Amazon.

Thanks. We were trying on Steam because we heard other people did it, but that method doesn't work on Steam either. We'll try on Amazon, though.

Thezez

Banned
On another note... WTF is up with Green Team's insane lead and the fact that I've apparently earned 0 points despite voting over 3 times today and buying a game that cost over 10 bucks

You need to craft badges to get points unfortunately.

Bought one game and one game only today
Rocksmith 2014
Had the cable from a BB Rocksmith deal forever ago where I got Guitar+Bass version with realtone cable on 360 for only 30 bucks forever ago.
Never learned to much on it cause mostof the songs were garbage...
2014 has been a HUGE turnaround filled with a ton of great songs. (hoping first goes on sale so that I can buy and import it)

On another note... WTF is up with Green Team's insane lead and the fact that I've apparently earned 0 points despite voting over 3 times today and buying a game that cost over 10 bucks

You only get points by crafting badges.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry to hear that, Valve really needs to embrace the community surrounding Enhanced Steam, the demand is clearly there..

I'm confident that ending outcome will be positive, and I understand their point. But hopefully they realize that it's going to take some work on both sides to come to just the right solution.

Movie streaming. Then you can use enhanced steam to redeem the full $6 to your steam wallet, just use the details on the pdf you get (Address, phone number, ect)
Ok cool. Do I want to redeem it now or later? Sorry for the stupid questions but I don't want to mess this up

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Should I buy sniper elite two? Is it a legitimately good game?

Wasn't this game free weeks ago?

WTF green team?

saHn6s8.png

Picture taken at 11:10 PM PDT 6/21/14.

it's weegee time

uahpyo.gif

_hekk05

Banned
I'm confident that ending outcome will be positive, and I understand their point. But hopefully they realize that it's going to take some work on both sides to come to just the right solution.

The reward for good work is more work

even though valve probably still moves at valve time

Colby

I got two $6 codes yesterday with two phone numbers, but I didn't win on either of those today. I wonder if there's a limit per number/email address.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope they're willing to work with you on this.

Me too. There are still a lot of features that don't need access to the Steam API, but we would lose things like highlighting owned/wishlisted stuff, as well as "friends own", "friends want", "friends reviewed" tags, Early Access banners, and quite a few other really great and useful features.

pahamrick

I got two $6 codes yesterday with two phone numbers, but I didn't win on either of those today. I wonder if there's a limit per number/email address.

I tried mine and got a second code after midnight, so I don't think there's a limit. My friend who tried got one but didn't get a second when he tried after midnight.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just beat Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and it's DLC missions. Main game was ehhh, but for some reason, the Echo Six DLC missions were actually good, like leagues better than the main game. I actually enjoyed them a lot.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Should I buy sniper elite two? Is it a legitimately good game?

I think a lot of people are talking about it and enjoying it because it was recently given away.

I had some fun with it, but I found the AI a little cheap and somewhat frustrating when dealing with stealth elements. I'm just not crazy about stealth games in general though (MGS, TLoU etc.).

I'm would have been disappointed if I had spent 7.50 on it.

It's also 3rd person.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Appreciate the tip on the $6 sweepstakes and I won :). Since regular steam won't let it go through I just either buy through amazon or use Enhanced steam?

pahamrick

Appreciate the tip on the $6 sweepstakes and I won :). Since regular steam won't let it go through I just either buy through amazon or use Enhanced steam?

It should go through on regular steam fine, but enhanced steam lets you add the $6 to your wallet.

The trick is to use the address and phone number on the PDF. Should let the card go right through.

jshackles

I must be the only one who lost that $6 thing, grrr.

I lost the first time I tried a few hours ago, but just tried again and won. Free Stanley Parable for me, thanks M&Ms! :)

Yakkue

Can someone point me in the direction of a full what to do instruction on the Mars contest thingy?

1. Be from the US
2. Text MOVIE to 78787
3. Somehow redeem the Streaming Movie Option to Steam

That's what I found out at least, can't participate since I'm from Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom