• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Lost Planet is indeed GFW-clean, and is running beautifully :)

Wow, this game is just as fun as I remember it. Slow, weighty, but so fun to play. Excellent buy for the price.

SEGIII

Neo Member
I am genuinely confused by how trading works. A user posts on the Bastion forums that they are willing to exchange the game for any two cards. I offer two cards, and then am promptly called a beggar, then blocked.

What did I do wrong? :s

I am genuinely confused by how trading works. A user posts on the Bastion forums that they are willing to exchange the game for any two cards. I offer two cards, and then am promptly called a beggar, then blocked.

What two cards did you offer?

Unbelievable, you're lucky it wasn't me because I would have reported you to valve.
People are dumb, you probably offered cheap cards and he wanted summer ones

Anustart

Maybe he meant 2 summer cards?

omg the card prices plummeted
Your first rodeo?

This always happens. If your into making a profit of these cards it's smarter the sell all the cards you get the first few days and buy them back later during the sale. They will probably go up a little near the end of the sale though.

Dinosur

I hope everyone bitched about it earlier, but that was such bullshit the Rocksmith DLC wasn't 75% off also during the flash sale. That was actually the only thing I was looking forward to during this sale other than maybe Dark Souls 2.

omg the card prices plummeted

I'm saving my summer foil cards until the next time there's a battle between colors. Or the last day.

Ugh, just as I get all that money to spend on badges and then sell back the summer cards to make even more :/ I will end this damn sale at level 60.

That's what I did on the first day. Even up about even spending around $5 on other cards to make decks and selling the summer cards. Starting to save up summer cards now to eventually make a deck but selling all the extras I'm getting.

fba67c357f.jpg

I can't be the only one who things this summer sale game this is rigged on Valve's end...

Otherwise, loving the sale. Got Jazzpunk earlier today. The other gems on sale today I owned already.

The longer the sale goes on the cheaper the seasonal sale cards get. It happened last time and the time before that.

Plus even more cards dropping, one per $10 spent, 1 per badge crafted, 1 per 3 votes like last time, but this time also 1-2 depending on your team for crating at least one badge per day.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Who wants a spooky game?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs -- MB-1BE9528231DAA1F9 - Taken by thebloo. 24 entrants total.

t1403423259z1.png

Tizoc

Wait Age of Empires 2 has DLC?! Ah well will get it during the Winter Seal, at work and won't have break til the new flashes go up *pony shrug*

kiri

Picked up some great deals so far; Far Cry 3 with Blood Dragon, Skyrim, Stanley Parable and the Batman Oranges pack amongst others. This is my first Steam sale and whilst I don't really have the time or foreknowledge to take part in the team colour things, I am enjoying the savings so far!

Is the $6 thing tied to the email address or what? I just got it one to work on the first try.

Doesn't seem so. I believe it's tied to your mobile number. I was able to get two on my phone using the same e-mail address. Once before midnight, and one about an hour ago.
Went for a third time and used a different email and it said I had used my entry for the day.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
12 free dollas between two different phones. Looks like it's tied to number and not e-mail. But, the message says "sorry you have reached your daily play limit", so maybe I can add more with them tomorrow. I also have some other family members phones to use later today.

I'm leaving the money in my wallet until there's some great game I must have tho. I'm expecting it to get removed or something. :/

There are two rules to Stream sales:

1. Don't but anything before the last day unless it's a daily deal, flash sale or community choice.

2. Don't but anything before the last day unless it's a daily deal, flash sale or community choice.

Well, yeah, I've been living by these rules all of the sale so far and have been advocating them myself lol

I don't see what this has to do with it being guaranteed that Fallout 3 and New Vegas will definitely be dailies or flashes though. I mean, not every game makes the cut, that's all I'm saying.

Of course I'm going to wait for them until the last day if need be, but I was just asking experienced Steam sales folks what the chances are that those two games will make it as dailies or flashes, out of curiosity.

Zomba13

Plus even more cards dropping, one per $10 spent, 1 per badge crafted, 1 per 3 votes like last time, but this time also 1-2 depending on your team for crating at least one badge per day.

Next sale you will literally trip over them. You stumble outside, Valve some how know that, send you a card because reasons.

Valve must be making a killing off this card stuff though. Virtually no cost (minus art, code and server stuff) and the give them out to players a lot of which shove them on the market place, Valve take a cut (however small) from every single one of them sold.

Doesn't seem so. I believe it's tied to your mobile number. I was able to get two on my phone using the same e-mail address. Once before midnight, and one about an hour ago.
Went for a third time and used a different email and it said I had used my entry for the day.

Yeah, I just read the bottom part of the rules, and it says 1 play per mobile number per day.

evilhomer

Wait Age of Empires 2 has DLC?! Ah well will get it during the Winter Seal, at work and won't have break til the new flashes go up *pony shrug*

The game + dlc has been available on amazon for 2.50 by just getting the dlc and redeeming on steam. Maybe it will still be by the time you can check.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cave Story Plus -- MB-B0BD80ABB8742EA0 - Taken by MBison

Enjoy!

jediyoshi

Valve must be making a killing off this card stuff though. Virtually no cost (minus art, code and server stuff) and the give them out to players a lot of which shove them on the market place, Valve take a cut (however small) from every single one of them sold.

Then again the transactions themselves cost money for Valve to process. No way they end up positive from all the smaller market listings where they only get 1 cent of a 3 cent item.

Tizoc

The game + dlc has been available on amazon for 2.50 by just getting the dlc and redeeming on steam. Maybe it will still be by the time you can check.

I won't be home for another 9 hours, but I'll do a little lurking around and see what I find.
Thanks for the info.

Then again the transactions themselves cost money for Valve to process. No way they end up positive from all the smaller market listings where they only get 1 cent of a 3 cent item.

Why would they charge themselves transaction fees? There is a reason the lowest you can add to your wallet is 5 bucks. That's where they have to pay money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom