• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

How is Civ3? I enjoyed Civ4 and loved Civ5. Although you can't really go bad for 2,50, it would be nice to know what the game is like compared to the civs I played

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How is Civ3? I enjoyed Civ4 and loved Civ5. Although you can't really go bad for 2,50, it would be nice to know what the game is like compared to the civs I played

Ehhh...personally, it's my least favorite of the later civ trilogy. Pretty much everything introduced in civ III is refined in civ IV.

Mods. Lots and lots of mods.

Esstential: Argonians genitalia mod

And I don't think I've forgotten I bought a game that I actually wanted to play, but there have been many times where I've gone through my catalog and thought "where in the hell did this come from"

aku:jiki

make sure you have friends because it is very boring single player
Nuh uh. I think it's more fun in SP.

Anustart said:
So good in multiplayer, fucking riot when people alert the guards, piano kicks in and everyone's scrambling.
This is why. It's hilarious in MP for the same reason it's worse; no one ever really bothers to play stealth and everyone just scrambles around. Leads to lots of laughs but not exactly a deeply satisfying heist experience.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-7BD2FC0BC8FF3604 - Taken by GlenChivas. 5 entrants total.

t1403424260z1.png

Moo?

Well, yeah, I've been living by these rules all of the sale so far and have been advocating them myself lol

I don't see what this has to do with it being guaranteed that Fallout 3 and New Vegas will definitely be dailies or flashes though. I mean, not every game makes the cut, that's all I'm saying.

Of course I'm going to wait for them until the last day if need be, but I was just asking experienced Steam sales folks what the chances are that those two games will make it as dailies or flashes, out of curiosity.

It's pretty much always shown up in a big sale so I'd say that there's a 99% chance that it will return. Nonetheless, in my opinion, it's pointless to speculate as to what will or will not show up in a daily/flash/community choice because you've already resigned to waiting until the last day and it's not like you're risking anything by waiting.

Chariot

2nd to 5th 0lacw just looks ridicilous. I get that nobody wants to beat Green today, but I find it strange that everyone is so close. Hat are the chances?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Morning SteamGAF.

Is the Arkham Origins Season Pass worth it?

Yes, loved the story DLC and the new challenge maps were pretty fun as well

What kind of mods? I don't want to break the game and its performance on my PC. Just running on a 660ti/3570k/8GB RAM.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1ttgm1/comprehensive_list_of_the_best_mods_for_skyrim/

Check this out. Includes every noteworthy mod. You can simply ignore the ones that change the visuals

evilhomer

Civ3 was my first civ game and I enjoyed it a ton at the time, however, after dumping tons of time into 4/5 it's kind of hard to go back. Less intuitive UI and basic information that they really worked on in the later games is kind of lacking with Civ3. I loved it a lot at the time but since you started at the later ones it may be hard to get into without some serious investment to really appreciate it.

Thanks for that Pinball Arcade tip, whoever posted it! A penny? Now that's a deal I can get behind!

I finally bought my first game on the sale, Batman: Arkham Origins + Season Pass. Excite! Now I only need Dark Souls and then I can just pick up Marlow Briggs and some other zany stuff the last day

Civ 3 was the beta for Civ IV. Play it if you really feel the urge, but don't build hospitals so your cities can't go above 12 population, otherwise you'll be forever cleaning up pollution with your workers.

You must be new here :)

There's been several occasions (although none this sale so far) when I've been like "ooh I should get that... oh wait, I already own it".

It certainly is my first go around at a Steam sale! lol

It's pretty much always shown up in a big sale so I'd say that there's a 99% chance that it will return

Thank you. I will continue to wait :)

Derp

Where is muh FTL.... Come on damn it. Should've been on one of the big sales already. It showed up really early in the Winter Sale at least.

How's Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Looking for a good sandbox MMORPG, but I'm reading mixed things about the game and it's community on the Steam forums.

Helmholtz

Installing dozens of Skyrim mods is probably the most tedious thing I've ever done. It will be all worth it for that creamy bokeh though.
Out of curiosity, what's the best way to mod Skyrim these days? Is it best to just download things from the workshop, or are third party websites superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom