• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

Should i sell my 7 summer sale cards, or buy 3 and make the badge? Is making the badge even worth it?

Out of curiosity, what's the best way to mod Skyrim these days? Is it best to just download things from the workshop, or are third party websites superior
For Skyrim i'd say Nexus by far.

ZenaxPure

I hadn't really been paying much attention to the steam sale so far this year, but, I just noticed Gone Home is only $5. Totally going to pick that up before this is over. Gonna just wait it out for now since I haven't seen it as a daily or anything, but, part of me isn't really expecting it to go under the 75% it is now.

Pretty excited though, wasn't actually expecting to pick up anything this sale.

Installing dozens of Skyrim mods is probably the most tedious thing I've ever done. It will be all worth it for that creamy bokeh though.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I don't want to spend too much time modding and messing around with files. I just want to make the game look good with a mod without taking a hit in performance (1080p/60fps) and add some enhancements/fixes to the game, then go on my merry way.

Enco

Should i sell my 7 summer sale cards, or buy 3 and make the badge? Is making the badge even worth it?
Been wondering that my self but I'm going for selling.

Not sure if it's the best course of action but don't see how making a badge would benefit me.

That's what I'm afraid of.

I don't want to spend too much time modding and messing around with files. I just want to make the game look good with a mod without taking a hit in performance (1080p/60fps) and add some enhancements/fixes to the game, then go on my merry way.
Modding Bethesda games is pretty damn easy. Using the Steam Workshop is the easiest way. Using the Nexus Mod Manager is second easiest.

mfaex

Out of curiosity, what's the best way to mod Skyrim these days? Is it best to just download things from the workshop, or are third party websites superior

I like nmm (nexus mod manager). http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/

The mod managing program has some slowdown at times but it keeps things pretty clean. If you install lots of mods use http://boss-developers.github.io/ (boss) to keep your load orders in good shape.

http://www.skyrimgems.com/ Has a lot of good mods, with nexus links, and it's very organized.

Derp

Been wondering that my self but I'm going for selling.

Not sure if it's the best course of action but don't see how making a badge would benefit me.
Alright, you convinced me to sell them lol. Now that i think of it, i either make $2, or get a badge that won't really do anything for me.

The only way to win is not to play.
You win or you die.
d355e9d8e70925efb06ccd13c229c7ea-green-rangers-sits-on-the-iron-throne.jpg

Morning SteamGAF.

Is the Arkham Origins Season Pass worth it?

Are you a Batman fan, with a love for the Multiverse appearances of the Caped Crusader?

get it.

Are you a big fan of the game's challenge rooms, and enjoy fighting the ninja opponents?

get it.

Are you a Mr.Freeze fan, or a fan of the Animated Series' portrayal of him?

get it.

Otherwise, it's not a must.

mannerbot

Alright, you convinced me to sell them lol. Now that i think of it, i either make $2, or get a badge that won't really do anything for me.

Since you're green team you should really try to craft some badge today since your team is gonna win the day. Only people who contribute points are eligible for the wishlist giveaway.

OmegaDL50

What kind of mods? I don't want to break the game and its performance on my PC. Just running on a 660ti/3570k/8GB RAM.

I have the same processor and ram and a HD7950 which the 660ti is similar in terms of performance and have a mod list nearing 180, on top of an extensive texture replacer and ENB.

You'll have no issue running the game at it's highest settings and then some.

Enco

Since you're green team you should really try to craft some badge today since your team is gonna win the day. Only people who contribute points are eligible for the wishlist giveaway.
This is a good point.

However, is it really worth it? Chances are so low it might be better to just get the money.

Tizoc

For Skyrim i'd say Nexus by far.

That's a little tricky: The higher your steam level, the more friends you can add to your steam friend list along with the chances of a 3 card booster pack added to your inventory being higher (you can sell the cards and make like $0.20 at least).

I suggest waiting til you have 10 cards, then trade off duplicates for missing cards to complete the badge. By the end of the Summer Sale, if you have less than 10 cards you can sell them off or make another badge.

mannerbot

This is a good point.

However, is it really worth it? Chances are so low it might be better to just get the money.

You're just giving up a little money for the thrill of it, and you're gonna get 2 summer adventure cards back no matter what. And if you craft the sale badge you also get to gamble on getting a rare in-game item.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This score is ridiculous.

fRQ5uLP.png

How have the scores shifted so drastically between teams each day?

Enco

You're just giving up a little money for the thrill of it, and you're gonna get 2 summer adventure cards back no matter what. And if you craft the sale badge you also get to gamble on getting a rare in-game item.
All true.

Have to remember that the money you're getting really is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

If I was closer to making a badge maybe I would consider it but I'm 8 cards away. Not gonna happen any time soon :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is a good point.

sell the summer cards and use part of the money to buy the few normal game cards you'll need to craft a normal game badge. That'll contribute 1 point to green team and put you in the draw, and you should still have money left over from selling your summer cards

plus by contributing to the winning team you'll get another two summer cards back which you can also sell.

mannerbot

sell the summer cards and use part of the money to buy the few normal game cards you'll need to craft a normal game badge. That'll contribute 1 point to green team and put you in the draw, and you should still have money left over from selling your summer cards

Hopefully the cards are absolutely worthless when blue's turn to win comes up so I can just craft the sale badge. :p

Blue is supposedly Monday and then it repeats with Purple on Tuesday.

But that plan assumes that Blue is capable of doing anything.

Screw you piggy!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Playfire bans people who don't do things the legitimate way, so I wouldn't advise it.

It is impossible for GMG to know whether or not you're actually in a game, plus what you're referring to is using SAM to unlock achievements.

The Workshop mods are more limited since I don't think the workshop hosts stuff like Skyrim Script Extender or SkyUI, which a lost of the ambitious mods require.

The Skyrim Nexus is the place I go for all my modding needs, and if you use lots and ltos of mods and start crashing, use BOSS and Wyre Bash to order and combine mods to fi your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom