• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In celebration of the new Flash deal roll over:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Binding of Isaac with Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-AA5E1CA9791EF982 - Taken by Yakkue

mrgone

Oh my lordy lord - Betrayer, Metro, and Lone Survivor all for super cheap in one vote. Don't let me down, voting populace of Steam

Enco

It's almost as though it's designed to assist funding development.
How long has the game been in development?

Why should I pay for a tech demo just so that the dev gets some money?

I'm sorry but I'm going to put my needs/wants over what amounts to a donation to a game developer (that is taking years to produce anything).

Evo X

Metro Last Light Complete for that price is tempting my vote. I don't think the Complete Edition has went below $9.99 before. Can't you upgrade to the Redux edition on the cheap if you own the original?

Current Metro owners will get 50% off the Redux versions. So that's $12.49 per game. Both Redux versions will include all the DLC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lack of price mistakes has been disapointing, those are always exciting. should have jumped on wizards lizard

Skullgirls is cheap as fuck. It has amazing netcode, and like a bunch of new characters coming soon. If you already own it and don't have Squigly, go pay a buck. Make sure you "buy" Big Band for free.
Yep

It's literally the best fighting game deal this Steam sale will have between the upcoming free Beowulf and Robo Fortune, the 75% off the previous DLC characters, A tier GGPO implementation and the best training mode of any fighting games on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll back this up (I found the humour/writing awesome, btw), but only up until the
Big Eye
Boss. At that point I simply stopped playing.

i killed that, I stopped playing near the end in the area with
invisible enemies
. that was still like 20hours into it, game is looooooooong

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hmmmmm.... should've just waited i think .....if our team(blue) has a substantial lead and is on point to win.....get it to 30 points to be eligble for the wishlist giveaway

i wasted 100 points the first day :(

you only need one point to be in the giveaway (if your team is winning). I'm just sitting on ready to craft game badges and plopping one out each day so I'm always in to get a free card and enter the draw (when my team does well)

anything on top of that to help your team is up to you.

How long has the game been in development?

Why should I pay for a tech demo just so that the dev gets some money?

I'm sorry but I'm going to put my needs/wants over what amounts to a donation to a game developer (that is taking years to produce anything).
You don't have to if you don't want to, it's for you to make your own call. The categorization is there for a reason.

Athleon

Picked up Skullgirls, time to learn how to play fighting games!

you only need one point to be in the giveaway (if your team is winning). I'm just sitting on ready to craft game badges and plopping one out each day so I'm always in to get a free card and enter the draw (when my team does well)

Yeah I do the exact same thing, although with the summer cards tanking in value even 2 of them aren't breaking even with the money you spend on the badge.

Checked steamtrades after the flash sales went up and someone already was offering skullgirls for a tf2 key. Bought one for $2.25 on the market and made the trade. Thank you Russian Steam.

So the CRPG stuff looks enticing at first, but I really would rather get Betrayer at .20 the regular price. Is the Jade Empire port on PC as bad as I've been hearing? I also already have Legend of Grimrock and a more authentic version of Baldur's Gate II Complete available on GOG, along with most of the Spiderweb titles (still need Exile and that other series).

Also, Skullgirls is a-go, since I already have The Swapper. Would rather get a free copy of Lugaru than give more money to a guy so enamored with his engine he's forgetting to make an interesting game.

Alright picked up skullgirls and final fantasy, it's my first one so I hope it's good :)
I'll give you the best tip anyone could ever give regarding fighting games. Make your own lobbies and avoid ranked at all costs. This goes for any fighting game. It never ends well for newbies.

Feel free to add me if you want to play with someone who won't bat you around like a toy. Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sol-Neutralguy

lolwut?!

goddamit so i spent literally for nothing the the first day ?! :(

i'm sad now....team blue fits me it seems ;_;

aku:jiki

lack of price mistakes has been disapointing, those are always exciting. should have jumped on wizards lizard
Don't sweat it. I now have 4 hours in it and I almost beat it on my last run, so I can safely say that it's too early to be worth it anyway. It's got a great foundation with a good little engine, tight controls, good art, etc, but it needs quite a few tweaks to be truly fun. Major issue is that the loot and magic do almost nothing, making half the game feel useless. Health is currently way too rare too, meaning you can never recover from bullshit rooms the engine randomized up.

It's going to be good in the future, no doubt, but you're not missing out right now.

Toki767

Bought FFVIII since it was only $4.07 too.

And I finished both The Stanley Parable and Gunpoint.

Gunpoint was fun, but short.

The Stanley Parable was just short.

I'll give you the best tip anyone could ever give regarding fighting games. Make your own lobbies and avoid ranked at all costs. This goes for any fighting game. It never ends well for newbies.

Feel free to add me if you want to play with someone who won't bat you around like a toy. Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sol-Neutralguy

This advice will save you. Otherwise you will be turned off from fighting games practically for life.

Rhaknar

Craft the World actually looks cool

...but not 40% cool :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Picked up Skullgirls, time to learn how to play fighting games!

Yeah I do the exact same thing, although with the summer cards tanking in value even 2 of them aren't breaking even with the money you spend on the badge.

yeah I've stopped idling for now. Was considering idling a bunch of games and then trading to get a full set of cards for free (eg turning three games into one badge). But I can't be arsed now for the sake of 20p.

Tizoc

I haven't played any FF13 (No console), which is why i want a port of them to PC so bad.

I'd pay no more than $20 for FF13 personally if it were released. You can skip the cutscenes and the game'd take maybe 30ish hours to beat with some grinding.

Lain

FF8 worst FF you ever played? You obviously never played FFX-2.

I've played it. I had more fun with it than 8 personally, thanks to the costume switching to change roles in battle and stuff, despite the running around putting me literally to sleep in that game. I just never enjoyed 8, both visually and gameplay wise. I kept playing for Rinoa, the pretty CGs (at the time) and because I used to want to complete my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom