• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Finally able to join the summer sales game.

What did I miss? Any pricing errors?

Not yet, but at least one is bound to happen, right? I mean at this point they are deliberately putting at least one in so you always come back and check when new deals appear.

Garcia

Waking up, opening steam, seeing that green has almost twice the points as the second team
iIG1pIZ6T9eq4.gif

gggreen

hi all

Not just that but every other team is almost exactly at the same place. I have no idea what the hell is going on but it reeks of bullshit.

Can someone sell me on Skullgirls? I'm kind of on the fence.
New guys
Big Band was already completed over a month ago and Eliza is in the Skullgirls beta which everyone owns if they have the base game. To top it off they've still got a WWE style wrestler and a fighting robot to deliver as free DLC. Beowulf (wrestler) will probably be nearly complete come September. All DLC characters are free for the first three months too.
Oldies
It's a gorgeous game in full color to say the least. It helps that it is pretty much the undisputed king in terms of player friendliness, the tutorial (which I repeat every couple of months despite easily being at least mid tier at most fighters that aren't 3D or KOF lol) and online netcode with GGPO. Also, I use the story mode art as my standard for color when calibrating my monitor. Yeah, it's a pretty game on a technical level if the art isn't your cup of tea.

Nymerio

Is trading stuff allowed in this thread? I've posted in the steam trading thread but I don't know how frequented that is. Anyway, I'd like to trade for a copy of skull girls. I currently have Frozen Synapse, Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack, Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor in my inventory. If anyone is up for a trade please add me on steam or send me a pm.

I'll delete the post if it's not ok.

Arthea

- The Wizard's Lizard was 68% off
- Dark Souls was 5 Russiabucks, but it's region-locked

holy smoke! how fast was it fixed BTW?

I randomly tried playing one of these games I had while farming cards...came across Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection. It's a shmup that makes you solve math problems while you play through a level. I don't even know.

ain't that glorious?

Toki767

I randomly tried playing one of these games I had while farming cards...came across Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection. It's a shmup that makes you solve math problems while you play through a level. I don't even know.

aku:jiki

It's cute and all but the math never gets more complicated than like "4+2". Okay shmup besides that, kind of ugly, nothing special.

Better make a better game than that if you're going to take your name from Dodonpachi.

liezryou

Soo that amazon Aoe 2 HD + DLC price mistake. Can anyone help me get it? I don't have anyway to get anything off amazon ATM. I can pay you back in 1 TF2 key + 1 ToD ticket (Roughly comes out to 3.2$ on the current market prices). Or i can send you paypal, up to you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
holy smoke! how fast was it fixed BTW?

Not sure. Presumably due to the Summer Sale, SteamDB is no longer showing price changes in the history tab.

Edit: Steam Prices didn't pick up the change, so it couldn't have been long.

sprinkles

69% for FF8 was cheap enough to re-buy the worst FF I played, on PC. I admit I don't remember if this is a simple double-dip or a triple-dip. Hopefully just a double.
Why all the hate for FF8? I started my playthrough last week and I am now roughly 15 hours in. As I rarely play JRPGs it is a nice change of pace for me. It still looks bearable unlike other games of the early 3D years. The story is not much so far, but most JRPG stories use Anime tropes and teenage angst so I don't mind.

Picked up the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass this sale for 10$ and, man, I think I would've been pretty pissed off if I bought that at full price. Clash in the Clouds is completely disposable and Episode One was soooo short. It's just two hours long! I can't believe that goes for 15$ on its own. That's ludicrous. Episode Two was a satisfying length but I had the same issue with Bioshock Infinite and its DLC, I really don't like the fatalism of the plot and lack of player agency. I guess it sort of tied up the series in a decent way.

abracadaver

Where's my Portal 2 sale ?

I still want so many games I fear they won't be included in this sale:
Dead Rising 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
World in Conflict
and many more

Kyougar

If you wait until the 29th, you can get Baldur's Gate II Complete + the rest of the Infinity Engine CRPGs over at GOG for $21.10 as part of a repeat bundle deal. We need the Betrayer discount, not something you can already get elsewhere for a better price!

but I allready have all these on gog :(

Onionkid

About to buy UnEpic...talk me out of it?

The user reviews make it sound awesome. Let me say this, I've seen the names D&D and Castlevania used to describe it. I've never played D&D (games roughly based on its mechanics not included), but I do love me some CV. These two franchises being mentioned make me think that it may be similar to Harmony of Despair? Is this remotely comparable?

JaseC

Where's my Portal 2 sale ?

I still want so many games I fear they won't be included in this sale:
Dead Rising 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
World in Conflict
and many more

World in Conflict is extremely unlikely. Ubisoft never gives its lesser franchises time in the spotlight.

Majukun

what's the general consensus on skull girls?it is good?
does it work well enough with the 360 controller or is one of those games you better have a fighting pad or arcade stick for?

C4rter

I've missed two votes now, it makes me more upset than it should...

Oh yeah I know that feeling. Missing one vote is fine, because you end up with one vote missing to earn the next card when the sale ends. But missing two and everything is fucked. But it's just one card? It was just one vote? But it pisses me off :-D

Onionkid

does it work well enough with the 360 controller or is one of those games you better have a fighting pad or arcade stick for?

Skullgirls is fantastic. As someone who plays tons of fighters, I love it. The 360 controls are fine, I mean of course you'll always be better with a stick, but you can do well with just a regular controller. I mean, there are tourney players in UMvC3 who go pad!

Fractal

Banned
but I allready have all these on gog :(
Just curious, if you already own them on GoG, why would you want to rebuy them on Steam?

These are older games, they don't offer trading cards or achievements, if that's your cup of tea. Furthermore, GoG does a great job of supporting old games to run on modern hardware, eliminating most of the compatibility based issues.

C4rter

Can someone explain to me the new sell/buy page for the summer sale trading cards?
On "Buy" it says "30871 for sale starting at 0,21€" for example, but on "Sell" it says that there are "8157 for 0,16€ or less" so why doesn't it say this on the "Buy" side?

Monooboe

Ok, I have a conspiracy theory about why green is killing it now... There might be a bunch of big spenders, that came together and decided to drive purple and then they won they had all the "change team tokens" that were expensive, so they sold them all and bought into green that were cheap and now they drive green and then the cycle repeats. Somehow that there is money to be made that way or at least it pays for itself. You just need to a big initial investment to get the ball rolling.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, if there's really a coordinated plan to get a different team winning each day then it should be easy enough to buy low and sell high with those tokens.

Chariot

Ok, I have a conspiracy theory about why green is killing it now... The might be a bunch of big spenders, that came together and decided to drive purple and then they won they had all the "change team tokens" that were expensive, so they sold them all and bought into green that were cheap and now they drive green and then the cycle repeats. Somehow that there is money to be made that way or at least it pays for itself. You just need to a big initial investment to get the ball rolling.
Could very well be. But it was no long term plan, I think they did that after they saw, that they couldn't keep steamrolling with purple.

fokkusu

Amazon still has there AOE2 pricing "error."

Steam one is at 5.

Ok, nice!

Not yet, but at least one is bound to happen, right? I mean at this point they are deliberately putting at least one in so you always come back and check when new deals appear.

Nice I didn't miss anything :) There usually is at least one, let's hope it's something big this time.

- The Wizard's Lizard was 68% off
- Dark Souls was 5 Russiabucks, but it's region-locked

Steal! It still has GFWL?

hepburn3d

15 games @ £40 so far. Looking forward to giving Swapper a go.

I was all for team purple but I'm beginning to think there is some hidden math going on behind the scenes now. Unless we've all been put in groups that match the likelihood of us buying a certain genre of game each day, it's looking extremely fixed.

Team purple: Likely to buy cheap, anything and everything :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man Marlow Briggs is the best

ok its not the best, but its ridiculously well made for a budget title.

Also the best? JaseC <3

How's UnEpic?

very good and VERY long metroidvania, with a hit/miss sense of humour and writting

Lain

Why all the hate for FF8? I started my playthrough last week and I am now roughly 15 hours in. As I rarely play JRPGs it is a nice change of pace for me. It still looks bearable unlike other games of the early 3D years. The story is not much so far, but most JRPG stories use Anime tropes and teenage angst so I don't mind.

My hate (I wouldn't call it hate though, just dislike, If it was really hate, I wouldn't have double dipped on it -I just checked, I didn't re-buy it on PSN-) for 8 is that I didn't have all that much fun with it.
I didn't like Squall, I didn't like the draw mechanic, the way leveling affected battles, the story didn't grab me (and the ending disappointed me) and I didn't like the way the game looked.

Mind, I'm not saying the game is bad, and I didn't mean that before too, but it is, of the ones I played, the title sitting at the bottom of the pile, thus making it the worst FF I played.

JaseC

Can someone explain to me the new sell/buy page for the summer sale trading cards?
On "Buy" it says "30871 for sale starting at 0,21&#8364;" for example, but on "Sell" it says that there are "8157 for 0,16&#8364; or less" so why doesn't it say this on the "Buy" side?

"Buy" shows the amount of cards listed on the market and the starting price; "Sell" shows the amount of buy orders and the starting price. They're not the same thing. When you put in a buy order, you're effectively saying "This is what I want to buy and how much I'm willing to part with to do so."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed the new seahorse avatar, how...cute

that girl has like a million expressions Ill give her that

Copons

My hate (I wouldn't call it hate though, just dislike, If it was really hate, I wouldn't have double dipped on it -I just checked, I didn't re-buy it on PSN-) for 8 is that I didn't have all that much fun with it.
I didn't like Squall, I didn't like the draw mechanic, the way leveling affected battles, the story didn't grab me (and the ending disappointed me) and I didn't like the way the game looked.

Mind, I'm not saying the game is bad, and I didn't mean that before too, but it is, of the ones I played, the title sitting at the bottom of the pile, thus making it the worst FF I played.

Still it has the best card game ever.

Also, I loved the possibility of junctioning Death 5 (or whatever), to instakill the mega malboros in the secret island or something. Felt like cheating, but felt good nontheless. :D

Onionkid

I'm genuinely gonna quote you twice so it's on the next page...to be clear, Skullgirls is phenomenal. This game is the game to pick up, especially at sub-4 dollars, if you want to get into fighters. It does such a great job of explaining mechanics that other games may gloss over because they assume you already have them memorized. The general tutorials in this game are so good, that even people who don't like fighters may get into them.

Kyougar

Just curious, if you already own them on GoG, why would you want to rebuy them on Steam?

These are older games, they don't offer trading cards or achievements, if that's your cup of tea. Furthermore, GoG does a great job of supporting old games to run on modern hardware, eliminating most of the compatibility based issues.

just want the enhanced edition. I REALLY love Baldurs gate

Lain

Still it has the best card game ever.

Also, I loved the possibility of junctioning Death 5 (or whatever), to instakill the mega malboros in the secret island or something. Felt like cheating, but felt good nontheless. :D

I tried to play the card games with every NPC I met, I think. SE should sell the card game by itself for a couple €, with online multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom