• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Craft the World actually looks cool

...but not 40% cool :(

It's set to gradually increase in price, for what it's worth:

During development, Craft The World is available for purchase at a discounted price, which will gradually increase up to its final retail price as the game nears completion. So by ordering now, you get the game in its current state, and you'll get all future updates for free.

Current Metro owners will get 50% off the Redux versions. So that's $12.49 per game. Both Redux versions will include all the DLC.

So assuming they win the vote, and that the regular edition will go on sale alongside the Complete Edition... Go with regular and then upgrade to redux, right?

Martian

That whole Skyrim deal seems a bit flawed to me. I own every DLC except for Dragonborn, which is only 20 cents less that the Legendary edition. I could buy that edition, but only for the DLC, as I cant give away anything that I already own.

Seems a bit shitty

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Any of the XIII games were shit. Unless you like linear dungeons and autocasting.
You can tell that this guy never played LR.

Thinking of picking VIII up though with the new cheats and stuff; not a fan of the battle system and it discouraged me from really getting into the game before.

masterkajo

That whole Skyrim deal seems a bit flawed to me. I own every DLC except for Dragonborn, which is only 20 cents less that the Legendary edition. I could buy that edition, but only for the DLC, as I cant give away anything that I already own.

Seems a bit shitty

Yeah that is Bethesda logic it seems. Can't do much about it though except not buying it until they eventually drop this shitty policy of having different discounts on all items.

Arthea

FFX-2 is actually a good game, really good. It's a pity none of those after 8 will be released on steam, most likely.

also
MbGVgog.jpg
seriously?

Evo X

So assuming they win the vote, and that the regular edition will go on sale alongside the Complete Edition... Go with regular and then upgrade to redux, right?

Yes, that would work. I'll probably be doing the same. I got Metro 2033 for free when they were doing the Facebook giveaway, but never got around to playing Last Light.

Coldsun

Banned
Decided to finish up Wolfenstein: The New Order while I waited for the sales to switch over. I'm quite stunned at how GOOD the game is.

Martian

Yeah that is Bethesda logic it seems. Can't do much about it though except not buying it until they eventually drop this shitty policy of having different discounts on all items.

Yup, seems like that's one option. Still kind of sucks that they feel like Dragonborn isn't old enough to get more than 50% off.

Same with Oblivion and Morrowind. I waited for ages before they were a daily deal (non-steam sale), I mean 10 bucks is quite a lot for a game that is 12 years old

Lain

He said it was the worst he played on PC

I actually meant 69% was cheap to double-dip on PC for me, sorry if it came off wrong in that post. I played it on PS1 on release the first time. I just never liked VIII much for a variety of reasons and of the FF I played it ended sitting at the bottom.

You can tell that this guy never played LR.

Not only LR, but I found the whole trilogy to be better than 8.

Fractal

Banned
If you wait until the 29th, you can get Baldur's Gate II Complete + the rest of the Infinity Engine CRPGs over at GOG for $21.10 as part of a repeat bundle deal. We need the Betrayer discount, not something you can already get elsewhere for a better price!

Exactly... the entire RPG bundle already had great pricing on GOG during their own sale, and we'll most likely see a repeat of the best deals near the end. But Betrayer for 4 EUR... you definitely won't see that elsewhere. Really interested in trying out the game, and this would be the perfect price.

Martian

I also have 2 coupons for 25% off of Pixel Piracy. I have no desire to purchase that game, and I do not know if they are applicable to possible current sales.

If you want 1 (or 2) send a PM

Blizzard

Banned

Tizoc

Can someone sell me on Skullgirls? I'm kind of on the fence.

It's a good fighting game with a fun combo system and amazing animation. Any GAFfers playing it can help you learn the game and get used to its system.

Just bought Marlow Biggs from amazon. Balls to the wall action game i played in a long time and it's so damn campy it's terrific.

Was it $0.99 or lower there?

No I'm pretty sure you need 1 point to be eligible for the free games.

Oh cool, doubt I'd be chosen but here's hoping XD.

It's a good fighting game with a fun combo system and amazing animation. Any GAFfers playing it can help you learn the game and get used to its system.

Was it $0.99 or lower there?

Oh cool, doubt I'd be chosen but here's hoping XD.
I'm sold. I'm looking for a good fighting game to start off with.

Fractal

Banned
That looks rather like a standard EULA to me. I'm no lawyer but it sounds like they're saying if you use their online account/whatever services, they may use the information you give them.

I didn't think you even had to make an accout to play FF7 on Steam though -- for optional features maybe?

This... it's a typical EULA, with someone blowing things out of proportion. Guess the person in question just read his first EULA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom