• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Ok, I have a conspiracy theory about why green is killing it now... There might be a bunch of big spenders, that came together and decided to drive purple and then they won they had all the "change team tokens" that were expensive, so they sold them all and bought into green that were cheap and now they drive green and then the cycle repeats. Somehow that there is money to be made that way or at least it pays for itself. You just need to a big initial investment to get the ball rolling.

maybe the reddit campaign is successfull
(today green, tomorrow Pink, Monday blue)

C4rter

"Buy" shows the amount of cards listed on the market and the starting price; "Sell" shows the amount of buy orders and the starting price. They're not the same thing. When you put in a buy order, you're effectively saying "This is what I want to buy and how much I'm willing to part with to do so."

Ah ok, now I get it. It's just saying "I want to buy it dirt cheap" but if nobody offers, they are not getting it for this amount.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah ok, now I get it. It's just saying "I want to buy it dirt cheap" but if nobody offers, they are not getting it for this amount.

Yeah. By default, the buy order form automatically selects the lowest listed price, but you can change to this to something lower still if you wish.

Tizoc

I couldn't say "no" to Betrayer at $4.

Your avatar is a perfect 'avatar response'.
For example
Pleas vote for Baldur's Gate peopel!

image.php

No offense intended~

Onionkid

About to buy UnEpic...talk me out of it?

The user reviews make it sound awesome. Let me say this, I've seen the names D&D and Castlevania used to describe it. I've never played D&D (games roughly based on its mechanics not included), but I do love me some CV. These two franchises being mentioned make me think that it may be similar to Harmony of Despair? Is this remotely comparable?

Quoting myself...about to buy this. Or no? What are people's opinions on UnEpic?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Betrayer is not that good imo. Also I bet that it will go on sale pretty frequently from now on and is a likely candidate for a bundle, since I doubt that it was a big hit.

Everybody vote for BG!!!

Assassins Creed 2 really shines at night imo. Now if only this port wasn't so consolesque with objects popping in five meters ahead of you and textures being unloaded five behind.

Asscreed 2's PC port is a mess, and if I remember right it's borked in a way that actually makes it look worse than the console version (e.g I think there's something with shadow draw distance that's fucked up on PC that is better on console). AC2 is actually kind of a marvel on 360, I think it's full 720p with 4x MSAA.

Thankfully the AC:B and Rev PC ports are really good. III and IV not as much, though.

Chariot

Yo, Green has more than Purple and Blue together.
Hopefully it getting more ridicilous with Green having more than all the other four.

Frologic

I really hope Gunpoint shows up later at 75% anyway. It's one of the few games I've been waiting for.

It was 75% off before the sale started and 75% off once during the sale so far. You missed out twice lol. Hopefully you'll a third time? It would be nice if steam had some sort of auto buy feature if a game ever goes on sale for a percent you choose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What do you think of the 'still images' cutscenes? They just 'make' the game for me.

I actually like them. I cant tell if they are like that for budget reasons, they dont seem particulary complex to pull out with the game engine, so maybe its a choice, Im not sure. But I dig them. But im a big fan of dioramas, which they remind me of, so.

Vuze

Asscreed 2's PC port is a mess, and if I remember right it's borked in a way that actually makes it look worse than the console version (e.g I think there's something with shadow draw distance that's fucked up on PC that is better on console). AC2 is actually kind of a marvel on 360, I think it's full 720p with 4x MSAA.

Thankfully the AC:B and Rev PC ports are really good. III and IV not as much, though.

Yeah I also noticed shadow drawing is fucked up. Some look really good and sharp, some are a jaggied mess and others esp. on buildings tend to be drawn / undrawn when you approach them lol
Atleast performance is great for me.

Zomba13

Arthea

Anyone here from EU country? Need someone who can help me buy FFXIV RR CE.
I'll paypal.

I could help, but you know that \/

The PAL version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ will require a European & other Regions Square Enix Account to play.

I don't quite know what other regions mean, but I assume PAL ones.
And it's excluded from Steam's Family Sharing service too.

Also it costs 17,49€ now, and it's cheaper in any other region, literally, including Australia.

Arthea

Betrayer is not that good imo. Also I bet that it will go on sale pretty frequently from now on and is a likely candidate for a bundle, since I doubt that it was a big hit.

Everybody vote for BG!!!

I did that... Although I have my BG on disks and on gog, not sure I want to triple dip.

fantomena

Im unable to send over my Steam wallet credits to my PayPal, credit card, bank account etc.? I can only use them on the market and the store yes?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, with AssCreed 2 PC it seems as though the LOD system was reduced to its worst possible state during testing and nobody ever reversed this, even post-launch. As you say, though, Brotherhood and Revelations are fine, as is the original game. 3 looks great, but it has performance issues in towns due to the game dedicating much of its processing tasks to a single thread, and the tessellation system used for snow deformation can impose similar performance penalties in the Frontier during winter. Black Flag fared better initially, however the PhysX patch also introduced cloth physics, which unlike the PhysX effects cannot be disabled, so there was a performance loss across the board.

Im unable to send over my Steam wallet credits to my PayPal, credit card, bank account etc.? I can only use them on the market and the store yes?

Correct.

I can't believe I've just bought both FF7 and FF8... as if I ever going to play them again, maybe when I go down for good I'll give them a last farewell, whenever that may be.

Sub Zero

That's right, otherwise Steam would turn into a money laundering front

fantomena

Then I guess it's time tp use some of the money. Im scared that if i become to greedy and sparesome, the money will just be there dusty till I forget about everything about Steam in the future sometime. :p ANd someone will have the luck the hack a random account and over 100€ will be there.

*puts my entire wishlist in my cart*

kurahador

I could help, but you know that \/

I don't quite know what other regions mean, but I assume PAL ones.
And it's excluded from Steam's Family Sharing service too.

Also it costs 17,49€ now, and it's cheaper in any other region, literally, including Australia.

I didn't know!! I SWEAR!

Yep...that's the one. Messaging you on steam.

fantomena

Goddammit. Almost everything on my wishlsit is on sale except Rust, Earthworm Jim and fucking Disney Legos.

DISNEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY DONT YOU WANT MY MONEYZZZZ!?

Sub Zero

If COH2 shows up later as a daily/flash deal will I have trouble picking it up considering I have the multiplayer access that Alienware gave away? It's the same app as the full game, that's why I am worried

Goddammit. Almost everything on my wishlsit is on sale except Rust, Earthworm Jim and fucking Disney Legos.

DISNEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY DONT YOU WANT MY MONEYZZZZ!?

You shouldnt buy the games in a bulk.

If you want a game from your wishlist, wait for a daily/flash/community sale. Usually they could become cheaper.

If it didnt become cheaper till the 30th, buy it then.

Frologic

Everybody vote for BG!!!

What didn't you like about betrayer? I plan on buying it. The setting looks creepy and exploration seems relaxing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT, we God of War'ing now son

Marlow Briggs spoilers
Got the wings lol

I know I know, everything else is God of War, I dont know why this in particular stuck with me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom