• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryne

Still Waiting on Assetto Corsa and transistor getting a deeper discount hope it happens :)
Ideally 50% on AC and 25% on Transistor

I hope AC goes to 50% since it was a community choice (and lost, I'm bitter).

That would probably be my last big purchase

Zomba13

Got my first badge, got some random Warframe uncommon item.

I've still not yet crafted a summer badge. Gonna wait till tomorrow (well, 6pm or so tonight) to craft one as it should be Pinkday. I'll probably end up getting common items from games I've never heard of like last year. I'm guessing Sins of Dark Age this year as I've heard of all the others on the list.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What didn't you like about betrayer? I plan on buying it. The setting looks creepy and exploration seems relaxing.

-Boring combat & terrible AI
-Bland and repetitive quest/objectives design

If you want it only for the setting and exploration, then go for it. Just don't expect a very good FPS/stealth game.

Bryko

Was really hoping Platformer would win the community vote. I've been waiting to check out Guacamelee for a while now, and DLC Quest would've been a no-brainer at that price (hell, it already is)... hopefully they come around again.

Looks like The Swapper will be my first buy of the sale.

[wooo, first post... and it took less than a month to get approved]

Uzzy

I really want another copy of Baldur's Gate 2, but jeez, Betrayer at 80% off is real tempting.

I'll be happy no matter which side wins. Awesome.

Halo 2

Banned
Was really hoping Platformer would win the community vote. I've been waiting to check out Guacamelee for a while now, and DLC Quest would've been a no-brainer at that price (hell, it already is)... hopefully they come around again.

Welcome! Quality first post.

Vuze

Welcome to GAF!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is on Steam?! :eek:
Maybe it'll go lower than 3 bucks but hhhnnngggg

Also voted for Betrayer. I need this game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn I missed two days of summer sale, anything special, price error or something that I missed?

A Wizard's Lizard was 68% off for a short while. Dark Souls was 5 Russiabucks for a period, too, although it's region-locked, so unless you live in Eastern Europe then you didn't miss out.

I've still not yet crafted a summer badge. Gonna wait till tomorrow (well, 6pm or so tonight) to craft one as it should be Pinkday. I'll probably end up getting common items from games I've never heard of like last year. I'm guessing Sins of Dark Age this year as I've heard of all the others on the list.

I still have some socks left for Star Conflict that Steam doesn't want to open :/

Gangxxter

Team Green is owning, wow!

I've spent waaaaay to much money during the sale already...

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
Papers, Please
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
RAGE
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Version

Came around to try Papers, Please yesterday and it's truly a great game.

Alexalder

Banned
Team Green is owning, wow!

I've spent waaaaay to much money during the sale already...

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
Papers, Please
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
RAGE
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Version

Came around to try Papers, Please yesterday and it's truly a great game.
Papers Please is one of the best games of last year, but you can get it DRM free from GOG for less

Tizoc

Why is pink team so shit?

UOQIm.png

mrgone

If COH2 shows up later as a daily/flash deal will I have trouble picking it up considering I have the multiplayer access that Alienware gave away? It's the same app as the full game, that's why I am worried

I was worried about the same thing from the same app /"you already own this" banner from the store page, but it's still possible to add it to your cart and purchase it for yourself (instead of just a gift), so I think we're good. From the demo DLC I'm guessing it's structured so now the parent app is the multiplayer game and the single player campaign is added as DLC like the mission packs.

edit: Just took a look at steamdb and I'm not great at reading the pages there, but "Company of Heroes 2 - Standard Game" is listed under downloadable content, so that might confirm what I was thinking (I hope!)

BasilZero

Welp, bit the bullet for 66% @ Final Fantasy VIII!

Probably wont go lower than that for a while since FFVII is the same and I already have it.

I guess I'll wait a bit longer for FFIII though lol.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Got Batman and Walking Dead season two so far. Still need to play the first season.

Woffls

If you've not managed to pick up Half Life 2 in the last decade...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 2 -- MB-28ABB6B4CCB3CF50 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 7 entrants total.

t1403446661z1.png

qazqaNii

Damnit, I accidently just pressed "okay" when trying to enter the skyrim page on steam, and that "Okay button" was the birthday damnit, my laziness is killing me once again, can't access the skyrim page, does anyone know for how long this lasts? I am god damn 22 :(

Damnit, I accidently just pressed "okay" when trying to enter the skyrim page on steam, and that "Okay button" was the birthday damnit, my laziness is killing me once again, can't access the skyrim page, does anyone know for how long this lasts? I am god damn 22 :(
Delete the cookies and try again.

Rosur

Anyone know if Rise of Nation Extended Edition will end up being in this sale or is it too soon since it was only added to steam this month?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wanted it to play with Oculus but i think i don't have the 5 posts, too bad

You have 2 hours and 45 minutes to make three more posts. I'm sure you can manage that. ;)

Anyone know if Rise of Nation Extended Edition will end up being in this sale or is it too soon since it was only added to steam this month?

Nobody here can give you a definitive answer. The lack of a general discount doesn't necessarily mean it won't pop up as a featured deal later.

Tizoc

Install Enhanced Steam, you'll never have to verify birthdate again.

Nokterian

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-AF230B5D7AB442BA - Taken by Tempy

Giving away one of the most surprising games i bought for such a low low price and it NEEDS to be played. It's ridicilous it's magical and it's balls to the wall action like God of War meets Michael Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom