• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

finished Marlow Briggs, buy it people!

He is so badass that (last boss spoilers)
he loses his weapon midfight and just punches him to death instead
. 6 hours with all upgrades, not bad

Wow, watched the trailer and looks great, need to check this out. Is it 1:1 copy of God of War?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Why are people willing to trade a $40 game for $16 of keys?

cheaper prices in certain territories, they buy the games for reduced prices or from another buyer using keys and you pay them in keys as a secure method of payment that is easier to protect from fraud than doing paypal transactions

Tizoc

Why are people willing to trade a $40 game for $16 of keys?

Well I got Divinity OS, Dead Rising 3 and Witcher 3 all for under $60 via key trading. Go check their prices on Steam right now =P

...BUt as cheesecakerecipe posted, in some regions some games are cheaper, so if you trade keys they can make back a little and it all adds up and they make some cash back eventually.

Zafir

You know how gifts that can't be traded cross region have the red warning stated as such on the actual gift? Do gifts that have a activation level region lock have that same warning as well?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So I think I fixed Assassin's Creed 3 crashes. The firewall was intefering with it even if I had told him not to.

Now the only thing that doesn't work is the refresh rate option, even if I select 30hz, it still works at 60, and I'm stuck with an uneven framerate. Half refresh rate vsync doesn't work, nor does setting the refresh rate at a driver level or limiting the framerate with nVidia Inspector. Anyone has a solution?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow, watched the trailer and looks great, need to check this out. Is it 1:1 copy of God of War?

yes, down to multiple weapons, multiple magic, health and magic pickups, xp orbs, block pushing and switch puzzles, X,X,X,Y combat, etc

its quite well made too, and pretty (again, for a budget game that currently costs 99cents)

5-6 hours long with a cheesy b-movie plot

legacyzero

Banned
Voting Horror - Atmospheric for Metro Last Light. My GOTY.

Remember that the Metro Redux games are coming this year, as well which supposedly are better versions. Gonna buy the SHIT out of those too.

The_Monk

Haven't forgot your Coffee! Today is a black strong and mesmerizing cup of hot coffee since it started to randomly rain in here:

6z05kqp.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes! Crafted my first badge and is now lvl. 8. Shouldn't I get cards or points from having voted in all the polls up until now?

Yes:

There are 29 chances to vote! (If you reach Steam Level 8 before the end of the sale, you’ll be granted the cards you earned by voting.)

You may not receive the cards until your next third vote, though.

Tizoc

yes, down to multiple weapons, multiple magic, health and magic pickups, xp orbs, block pushing and switch puzzles, X,X,X,Y combat, etc

its quite well made too, and pretty (again, for a budget game that currently costs 99cents)

Beat me to it, also to add, you play as a black protagonist which is quite rare in most games.

fokkusu

Ok sounds like a deal, thanks for the info!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I think I fixed Assassin's Creed 3 crashes. The firewall was intefering with it even if I had told him not to.

Now the only thing that doesn't work is the refresh rate option, even if I select 30hz, it still works at 60, and I'm stuck with an uneven framerate. Half refresh rate vsync doesn't work, nor does setting the refresh rate at a driver level or limiting the framerate with nVidia Inspector. Anyone has a solution?

You can force a 30fps cap by using RTSS (include with MSI Afterburner/EVGA PrecisionX).

rtssbmjmv.jpg

The_Monk

It would be wise to expect that "Of Orcs and Men" at 75% OFF would made me jump but it's still a bit steep. I'm curious about the game since I haven't searched anything about it. I heard good things and checked a stream once and it looked pretty and very interesting. Anyone in here actually finished the game?

Also, that Marlow game shall be mine on the last day of sale. :)

Xanathus

And it's boring as hell, people please don't buy it, you want dragon bone weapons or custom homes, get mods.

Dawnguard isn't bad, if you explore a bit there are some epic side events like
having two ancient dragons smash out from under an ice lake to attack you

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last thing on Marlow, there is a surprising amount of varied locales (I was expecting all jungles tbh), the only thing truly lacking is lck of bosses, theres only about 3-4 I would consider actual bosses, most are just mini-boss type deals...

that you then ride as mounts o_O

I believe Valve has set multipliers for each team's score, and Valve messed up by setting team green's multiplier too high, and led to this ridiculous score, double the amount of the second place's.

Chariot

I believe Valve has set multipliers for each team's score, and Valve messed up by setting team green's multiplier too high, and led to this ridiculous score, double the amount of the second place's.
Could very well be. but what about the four almost identical scores on bottom? They're not exactly the same. Just suspiciously close.

DeS3InY

Wonder if the developer made more money this sale since launch. It seems that kind of things happen often.

The only thing that could maybe rival this sale peak would be the time TB released his 'WTF is' on Marlow.... and the bundle sales...

eh, it would be cool if the developer showed the spikes in sale and their causes

jaina

this would explain why GREEN is still gaining so many points despite that lead. People are just buying + crafting whatever they would've bought anyway.

Tizoc

It would be wise to expect that "Of Orcs and Men" at 75% OFF would made me jump but it's still a bit steep. I'm curious about the game since I haven't searched anything about it. I heard good things and checked a stream once and it looked pretty and very interesting. Anyone in here actually finished the game?
I beat it long ago on PS3, thought it was decent but not amazing, make sure you play on Easy for a faster pacing. I'm more looking forward to its successor game where it focus on the goblin Stix.

Also, that Marlow game shall be mine on the last day of sale. :)

Well I doubt it'd go for cheaper, get it now if you can, and share with us this AAA game crushing experience of pure badassary. I mean what if you miss out on buying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom