• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
you only get points by crafting badges or do you also get points everytime you spend $10? I could've sworn you also get points for spending $10 but I'm not finding that in the "how it works" though.

derExperte

Didn't the market crash during the last winter sale, and winter card prices rose to 22 bucks each?

?

Maybe you're thinking of when Vavle started to remove cards from the market and they began at the lowest prices. Which lead to the last available ones being very expensive right before they vanished too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you only get points by crafting badges or do you also get points everytime you spend $10? I could've sworn you also get points for spending $10 but I'm not finding that in the "how it works" though.

Badge crafting is the only way to earn points. Spending $10 earns you a Summer Sale card.

kmg90

Oh i get it. They are just printing money at this point. It's actually pretty amazing when you think about it. The meta-game has overtaken the actual game here...the conversation at least in this thread is dominated by the color talk.

Yup and it's the one thing that I really despise about steam, they are very exploitative with their platform (it's genius but incredibly manipulated)

Steam is Half Life 3 for Valve...

_hekk05

Banned
?

Maybe you're thinking of when Vavle started to remove cards from the market and they began at the lowest prices. Which lead to the last available ones being very expensive right before they vanished too.

Nope.

I believe that was a steam market bug or something. Like people couldn't list cards or something like that.

Yeah it was something like that. Some people made a shit tonne of money

Finalow

I was thinking to put The Witcher Trilogy Pack in my wishlist but apparently you can't.

#teamgreen.

Gabe, pick me, I'm a cheap date.

akb0DbK.png
FF3? Come on now.

liezryou

Yup and it's the one thing that I really despise about steam, they are very exploitative with their platform (it's genius but incredibly manipulated)

I don't see how it's manipulative when you are not forced to participate at all.

Kifimbo

Humble link.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-714EAECB2748DFAA - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.

t1403446062z1.png

nbthedude

So, uh, sales talk a midst all this team meta-game stuff:

Unepic: how is the state of the online coop? I picked up a copy for myself but thinking about it for friends too.

Is the base game good too?

kiyomi

C'mon Team Green.

Also I can't vote, it took me 2 minutes to decide which batch I wanted a sale on and then it said there was an error. Grr.

gabbo

They should have stuck with the metagames as an individual thing, like the year they did coal for playing certain games. Just without bottoming out their own market.

Great post, never knew that Valve is actively hiring psychologists.

Thanks. It was my first post too!

I actually have in mind quite a few topic ideas related to cognitive sciences (I might make it a series, I just have to find the motivation or an enabler)... some fun stuff (imho) like why we have a hard time with mirror tracks in racing games or the importance of animation over graphical fidelity (in relation to human body movement perception, facial expressions, etc. You wouldn't believe how often they get this wrong) and other stuff I don't want to spoil (I have at least 10 topics to develop, for now).

EDIT: I just have to earn my topic creation privileges :)

The_Monk

Hmm, if your profile is Private but you add me on Steam I'm not going to accept it, sorry. I've had some less good experiences with this, from people being rude to ask for games and it's not nice.

Also, I just noticed the title change in the Thread, eh!

kmg90

They should have stuck with the metagames as an individual thing, like the year they did coal for playing certain games. Just without bottoming out their own market.

Why do that when you can just get your customers to participate in a event that encourages buying games, selling/trading virtual items that outside of steam are useless and attracting new users to the platform all of which they make a little money from cuts they take.

_hekk05

Banned
For those having trouble voting, I found that its more reliable to vote with the android steam mobile app. Not sure about iPhone.

Thanks. It was my first post too!

I actually have in mind quite a few topic ideas related to cognitive sciences (I might make it a series, I just have to find the motivation or an enabler)... some fun stuff (imho) like why we have a hard time with mirror tracks in racing games or the importance of animation over graphical fidelity (in relation to human body movement perception, facial expressions, etc. You wouldn't believe how often they get this wrong) and other stuff I don't want to spoil (I have at least 10 topics to develop, for now).

EDIT: I just have to earn my topic creation privileges :)

Sounds really interesting, mirror tracks do my head in! Maybe come up with a proposal/abstract and pm one of the mods, one of the regulars in this thread like Stump or Zeliard?

gabbo

Why do that when you can just get your customers to participate in a event that encourages buying games, selling/trading virtual items that outside of steam are useless and attracting new users to the platform all of which they make a little money from cuts they take.

The winter sale I'm taking about did all of those things, but there was no 'team' element to it. You;d buy the games that were used to 'earn' coal that day, play them, earn your coal, craft/trade, wait for the next batch. If the coal hadn't been so badly managed from Valve's end, it would have been great.

kurahador

Is Overgrowth has a story mode? The game looks great, but I can't help but feel like it's just an action sandbox games where you just fight over and over.

300 posts and three months of active membership, in case you're wondering.
I was aware of the 300 posts count but wasn't aware that I have to wait for 3 months! It's no big deal, though.

Sounds really interesting, mirror tracks do my head in! Maybe come up with a proposal/abstract and pm one of the mods, one of the regulars in this thread like Stump or Zeliard?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll ask one of the mods if/when I have something :)

Volimar

Is Overgrowth has a story mode? The game looks great, but I can't help but feel like it's just an action sandbox games where you just fight over and over.

LOL at those tags. (Furry)

I remember renting that one Shadowrun game for the 360, only to find it was a multiplayer only game. :(

OOOH I didn't know battleblock had some heads tied to the summer badge, just crafted one hoping I'd get 1 of the 3 heads with no luck :(

300 posts and three months of active membership, in case you're wondering.

3 months and 300 post and we get promoted to members? seems easy enough since I visit this site so often, hopefully I'm not banned, right fellas!? :D

Yakkue

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-CF26A5517136E18F - Taken by Consequence. 17 entrants total.

t1403447409z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not yet.

Any way to check what team I'm on through the mobile app? Can't seem to find it.

If you're logged into the Steam website:
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summer2014faq/ and scroll down a little

If you're not logged into the Steam website:
Look up your profile. You'll see something like this:

profile_purple.png

You may need to switch to the desktop version of the Steam Community site, though.

Exuro

The game has a long ways to go and there is not story mode implemented yet. Just a bunch of maps with scenarios. It's got pretty cool movement and combat so if it ever actually finishes that's something to look forward to at the very least.

Some gifts up for grabs here. Will post more later on when all of them has been claimed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for CecilRousso:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 -- MB-0420FEC75633E6BC - Taken by The_Monk
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine on Steam -- MB-9AD91A330C85769B - Taken by Exuro
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-D8E1CFA178688D53 - Taken by Sofa King

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Leaked cables between FDR and Winston Churchill suggest that in 1943, when the game was announced, they planned a story mode. Unfortunately the most recent time travellers from the 28th century say the devs haven't finished the game yet. So my suggestion would be if a finished story mode is important to you, start investing in cryogenic freezing technology now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom