• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxdoHawk

me when i see people blowing money to make sure their steam team is winning
tumblr_mebzw8BCqs1rfmk1so1_500.jpg

Blowin' Money Fast.

W4eFMgw.gif

baterism

Hello all this is my first post in GAF after months lurking.

Today is pretty crazy on summer comp. Steal 100 point badge losing value like crazy. Anyone here think it will bounce back?

Dario ff

Banned
The exciting thing about green dominating and everyone else sticking to doing nothing is that the battle for the early lead today should be great. Everyone must have stuff ready to go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Transistor sale when?

Nobody can tell you when a game is going to be a featured deal and nobody can tell you with 100%, absolute certainty that a game will/won't be a featured deal. This is why it's best to wait until the last lot of sales have begun as you otherwise may invite upon yourself an unpleasant surprise.

Volimar

Hello all this is my first post in GAF after months lurking.

Today is pretty crazy on summer comp. Steal 100 point badge losing value like crazy. Anyone here think it will bounce back?

If Green's lead really is attibutable solely to the collusion among players started on reddit, then I think they probably won't. But no matter what anyone says, the last day is going to be a free for all. In that case, you might hold onto them until then and see if the price goes back up.

Oh cool, just got a Arkham City booster pack out of nowhere

I've still never gotten a booster. feelsbadman

JustLynx

Now i don't think it will be cheaper, considering the older FFVII is on the same exact price right now. I think 4$ is the lowest we will see FFVII/FFVIII, at least until the winter sale.

It's currently on 66% off... it will reach 75% off for sure, maybe not on this sale but in the near future it will

Or buy it and put it in your inventory so if you decide you don't want to redeem it, you can trade it.

Yeah, that's of course a good idea, I kinda use that method myself now.

If I don't plan to play it immediately, I add it to my inventory instead of my library.
If I haven't unpacked it one or two sales later, I gift it or trade it.

Lyonaz

So in anticipation of Hyrule Warriors I bought Dynasty Warriors 8: XLCE and I must say the game is fun when you get the hang of it.

Is there some kind of rule on Steam against gifting the same game several times? I tried to add Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire to my giveaway, and I did gift that game earlier today, but I couldn't get the gift email from Steam. It worked with all other games though.

Considering the games was sold for 0.97€, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Deitus

But... It's not a daily deal...

Still. Yes, buy the game on at least the last day of the sale. My personal fav FF.

It actually is a Community Choice deal, even if it doesn't look like it. It's not uncommon for multiple games in the same series to go on sale at the same time, but only one of them getting an ad on the front page. If you go to the FFVIII page it says sale ends in 2:30, so it will not go lower, and you should buy now if you want it.

baterism

If Green's lead really is attibutable solely to the collusion among players started on reddit, then I think they probably won't. But no matter what anyone says, the last day is going to be a free for all. In that case, you might hold onto them until then and see if the price goes back up.

I've still never gotten a booster. feelsbadman

Thanks for suggestion. I guess dropping $3 won't hurt. If it end up even lower it would make a rather interesting summer experience.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So there is this tough as nails Steam RPG gem called Inquisitor that I bought yesterday and couldnt stop playing for 14 hours. I just put up a thread for it to convince some people to grab it for $3 before I go back to playing MOAR:

tdCm7j1.jpg

If you like well big amounts of well written story text, challenging games, exploring game mechanics to figure out the best way to handle situations instead of being told what to do and can look past the issues the game undoubtedly has, Inquisitor might just turn out to be one of the most interesting RPGs you ever played. Objectively judging the whole package its probably in the 7/10 range, but I noticed that for certain players, this game might just turn out to be quite a bit more than that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842309

nai

I suspect that the summer card price tank is a result of the green team leading. People realize that it's pointless to craft until it resets again.

Avinexus

Volimar

Valve is losing millions as we speak!

Though I must say gaming the system to create equal opportunities for all teams is truly in the community spirit.

Watch Team Purple betray everyone on day 7 after we've netted our second day win mwahahaha.

The Blue Wedding

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FootLOL: Epic Fail League -- MB-714550400824A368 - Taken by snack

legacyzero

Banned
It actually is a Community Choice deal, even if it doesn't look like it. It's not uncommon for multiple games in the same series to go on sale at the same time, but only one of them getting an ad on the front page. If you go to the FFVIII page it says sale ends in 2:30, so it will not go lower, and you should buy now if you want it.

Ohhhhhh... I didn't realize that! I've been waiting for a deal! I'll probably wait until after noon though, since Green Team has gone light speed.

FYI: if you want some super-cheap pinball, download Pinball Arcade and attempt to buy either Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not or Theatre of Magic in-game (under Season One/Two Tables > Season One Tables). You'll find that there's a special Launch Pack in there which is available for one penny. That right, sell any trading card in the market and get yerself some pinball tables.

Do note that this is only available in-game, but it's free to download with the fourth launch table, Arabian Nights, available for all.

Thanks for the heads-up!
(Just reposting for anyone that missed this)

Forsythia

I know I'll probably won't win, but I've trimmed down my wishlist to 7 games I really really want. :p I'd be really miffed if I'd win a €4,99 DLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom