• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

How do I get my Dualshock 4 controller working on my PC? Been using my Dualshock 3, but I really want to use a Dualshock 4 to be playing some Dark Souls on my PC. Thought this would be a good place to ask this since everyone here is usually huge PC gamers haha.

Also is FFVII on here even worth it? I have it on both PS3 and PS Vita from the classics and I heard this version has crappy music, but if there is a way to mod it to be better, that would be amazing.
The music mod is as straightforward as they come. Literally just a drag and drop.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This has probably been asked 100x, but why are deals from day 1 still in the OT?

So iconic they must be remembered.
KuGsj.gif

How do I get my Dualshock 4 controller working on my PC? Been using my Dualshock 3, but I really want to use a Dualshock 4 to be playing some Dark Souls on my PC. Thought this would be a good place to ask this since everyone here is usually huge PC gamers haha.

Also is FFVII on here even worth it? I have it on both PS3 and PS Vita from the classics and I heard this version has crappy music, but if there is a way to mod it to be better, that would be amazing.

I'm gonna get around to getting my DS4 to work, even if I did buy the wireless adapter for my 360 controller.

Btw, that FF7 you have for Vita and PS3 can't be two purchases (unless you have separate PSN accounts for both), because it's the same purchase on PSN, and it works on both consoles.

So um... is the Green team cheating somehow? It's kind of bullshit in my opinion. It would be great if it was the contest against the other teams since they are so close. It would be great to see it go down to the final seconds.

It would be hilarious if they had some kind of ultimate, extremely rare token that would cause your teams points to switch with any other team's points. haha

Hugstable

Banned
I'm gonna get around to getting my DS4 to work, even if I did buy the wireless adapter for my 360 controller.

Btw, that FF7 you have for Vita and PS3 can't be two purchases (unless you have separate PSN accounts for both), because it's the same purchase on PSN, and it works on both consoles.

LOL yeah it's just one purchase, I just listed it for both for some some reason. I don't have any 360 controllers at all, but i don't mind being wired up at all, just want to get the DS4 to work so I can play Dark Souls on it :D

Grief.exe

Too bad Evolve, Lords, of the Fallen, or GTAV isn't available for pre-order yet, I would pop those on my wishlist.

Any other suggestions? I have Witcher 3, ARMA III, and Wolfenstein.

LOL yeah it's just one purchase, I just listed it for both for some some reason. I don't have any 360 controllers at all, but i don't mind being wired up at all, just want to get the DS4 to work so I can play Dark Souls on it :D

I don't blame you... the DS4 is the greatest controller ever made after all

/controversial opinion

But it's not hard to see, now we know the legendary BUNGIE helped design it

http://gamingbolt.com/destiny-devs-helped-sony-develop-the-dualshock-4

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No rules! Near the bottom of the page! Madness!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-312B31E17905D2B9 - Taken by snack

Ehhh...they just started posting these, after days one and two and after green already had a substantial lead today. It has looked rigged long before they started posting these.

So wait, some now think that the color team game thing is "rigged"?

What possible reason would there be for anyone to "rig" this thing. So that 30 people in one group of hundreds and hundreds of thousands might when a couple games over another group of hundreds of thousands?

Better yet... tighten up those tin foil hats. Let's see how weird we can get with this thing. Will be far more entertaining. Spend all the dollars on virtual cards and crafting and telling everyone how many points you've contributed. And then tell us how it's all a big rigged screw job when your color doesn't win. Feel the loss deep within you. And then lash out at those oppressing you. Let the hate flow through you... and then tell us all of the demons lurking within.

Zaphod

The music has been fixed since the beginning of the year. It's now the exact same as the PS1 version.

It also uses a nice shader mod to improve the models.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Some Humble Bundle leftovers - great games nonetheless though! I think I did it right but if anyone has issues, PM me.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-9E42DCA361725622 - Taken by Fornaximus
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-2E141F6F22D44DB5 - Taken by Hugstable
Antichamber -- MB-4F2A08CED6AF8D6C - Taken by NaM
Monaco -- MB-966CE250E85E8FA3 - Taken by Supaidaman
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-941FF2684CABC807
Fez -- MB-6677C307A4EA9799 - Taken by UncleO
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-E6DB270C3FFFBFB5

t1403450910z1.png

Momentary

Banned
I have Final Fantasy XI on there because I have an old endgame account that's level 75. It would be cool to go back to it for a little bit...

I want someone to tell me no. I feel like I should take Final Fantasy III off of this and wait for the Winter.

Uzzy

So um... is the Green team cheating somehow? It's kind of bullshit in my opinion. It would be great if it was the contest against the other teams since they are so close. It would be great to see it go down to the final seconds.

It would be hilarious if they had some kind of ultimate, extremely rare token that would cause your teams points to switch with any other team's points. haha

Nah. What I think is happening is really quite simple. You have actual competition for the first hour or so, until it's clear if one team's going to win. Then people on the other teams will just stop earning points in favour of saving them for the next day.

No cheating, no rigging, just the masses using common sense.

So wait, some now think that the color team game thing is "rigged"?

What possible reason would there be for anyone to "rig" this thing. So that 30 people in one group of hundreds and hundreds of thousands might when a couple games over another group of hundreds of thousands?

Better yet... tighten up those tin foil hats. Let's see how weird we can get with this thing. Will be far more entertaining. Spend all the dollars on virtual cards and crafting and telling everyone how many points you've contributed. And then tell us how it's all a big rigged screw job when your color doesn't win. Feel the loss deep within you. And then lash out at those oppressing you. Let the hate flow through you... and then tell us all of the demons lurking within.

Reddit united to let certain teams win on certain days. So, it's kind of rigged, just not by Valve.

Chariot

I have Final Fantasy XI on there because I have an old endgame account that's level 75. It would be cool to go back to it for a little bit...

I want someone to tell me no. I feel like I should take Final Fantasy III off of this and wait for the Winter.
No.

Prophane33

They fixed the music.

Sauce: Myself and this post by square enix.

Avinexus

Went looking through my humble stuff for extra keys, all the origin keys from that bundle were the only ones left. So here ya go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 Origin -- MB-6C6B7A97CD4F5A4E - Taken by Sub Zero. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin -- MB-4FA266268B9C914E - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin -- MB-AC9D6BCE3F0E825E - Taken by Remij. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin -- MB-611F0E19E82B6014 - Taken by waby. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin -- MB-47AA9610C60EAA87 - Taken by fozzy. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin -- MB-DF2C891B04DCD5F9 - Taken by Sofa King. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin -- MB-7B2971CA2C07C319
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin -- MB-20BF4B0F8430CC41 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.

t1403450960z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom