• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Anyone know if the FFXIV free 30 days activates immediately upon purchase or does it take further registration to activate? Interested in trying it for $15 but not immediately if possible.

It'll activate once you enter the game code into your square-enix account.

edit: beaten

Finalow

Green stop stealing, you won already.

>:-\

It's one of the best Final Fantasy games (and currently the only good one on Steam).
rotfl what? FF3 is one of the worst FF games. inb4 "but job system is g-gud" FF5 has a better one and, yeah, that's the only decent thing you got in FF3.
also implying that FF7 isn't good and worse than FF3? Not sure if serious post.

Grief.exe

rotfl what? FF3 is one of the worst FF games. inb4 "but job system is g-gud" FF5 has a better one and, yeah, that's the only decent thing you got in FF3.

Thought I moved over to 4chan for a second there.

Mumford

So guys.
I've never played a Final Fantasy game but I've always been curious. Should I jump into FF7 or would I find it to be super archaic and a poor experience overall? Also, should I just jump into FFX HD on PS3 when that's on sale instead? I would have asked earlier when the flash sale started but I just woke up. Welp.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie.jpg

MBison

So guys.
I've never played a Final Fantasy game but I've always been curious. Should I jump into FF7 or would I find it to be super archaic and a poor experience overall? Also, should I just jump into FFX HD on PS3 when that's on sale instead? I would have asked earlier when the flash sale started but I just woke up. Welp.

Grab FF7

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What needs to be patched in FFVIII by the way?

The original PC releases of FFVII and VIII sported MIDI music. The re-release of the former was patched three months before the latter's released, however in true Squeenix fashion nobody thought it'd be a good idea to replace VIII's music ahead of its release (last December). VII's patch took 13 months to arrive, so with any luck VIII will be patched by ~next January!

Momentary

Banned
I have Final Fantasy XI on there because I have an old endgame account that's level 75. It would be cool to go back to it for a little bit...

Cart_zps01d98edc.png

I want someone to tell me no. I feel like I should take Final Fantasy III off of this and wait for the Winter.

Screw it! I'm about to blow 50 bucks.

pahamrick

Well, bummer. I funded my wallet with the money I had in Paypal and it caused the marketplace lock. Can you still trade while the market is locked? If so I'll probably pass off any summer cards I get to folks who want to use them to craft a badge.

So guys.

I'd recommend getting FFVII on PSN instead. The Steam version comes with all sorts of asterisks, like janky SquareEnix DRM and bad versions of the music.

Danielsan

It's not much, but here's a small quick giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-C52AF1893BA803C4 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.

t1403452509z1.png

Turfster

So guys.
I've never played a Final Fantasy game but I've always been curious. Should I jump into FF7 or would I find it to be super archaic and a poor experience overall?
It was a poor experience when it was released.
The only reason it's so popular is because it was most people's My First JRPG(tm).

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My top 3 was Witcher 3, Wolfenstein, and Watch Dogs but I swaped out WD for Mordor.

I'll likely mix it up again before I stick.

It's a debate between "I can play it now" vs "Wait?!?!?!"

JaseC

I'd recommend getting FFVII on PSN instead. The Steam version comes with all sorts of asterisks, like janky SquareEnix DRM and bad versions of the music.

The Squeenix DRM is limited to a one-time activation unless you care about Squeenix's own achievement system, and again FF7's music has been patched.

Tizoc

So guys.

Hmm FF7 was my first FF so I would say yes, it all comes down to if you're fine with turn based combat. If you are get it along with 8. At best you might like the story and characters.

With FF7, get the fan mods that alter the character models so they become more high res, etc.

FFX HD on sale would be good to get IMO, that one has a rather deep upgrade/level up system.

JaseC

What happened?

I'm guessing he had to go first (i.e. send money ahead of getting the keys) and then the trader ran off. That or he received the keys only for them to disappear from his inventory because they were obtained fraudulently.

Excellent use of "rofl," much better than how a teenage girl with a flip phone would use it.

And yes, I believe Final Fantasy III is a much better game than VII.

Did you parents never teach you that different people might have different tastes and opinions than you?

Teppic

So guys.
Personally I think FFVII is more fun than FFX. Better music. More freedom (world map). Much better minigames. It's also easier than FFX, so I think it's a better game to start with. If you can stand the rough graphics you should give it a go.

PC version has these weird mouths though...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm guessing he had to go first (i.e. send money ahead of getting the keys) and then the trader ran off. That or he received the keys only for them to disappear from his inventory because they were obtained fraudulently.

Yeah, that happened to me the first time I traded for keys as well. Trader ran off even though he had 100+ rep. Was discouraged from using the market for a while

Amnesia Collection worth it? Or just get the first Amnesia? I'm hearing bad things about A machine for pigs.

A Machine for Pigs is a stripped down experience compared to the first one. Not that the first game was mechanic-heavy, but a lot of people seem to have a lot of hatred over "walking simulators" or any other derogatory name they have.

If you're not sure, just get the first and then buy the second if a lesser-gameplay echo would entertain you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom