• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Excellent use of "rofl," much better than how a teenage girl with a flip phone would use it.

And yes, I believe Final Fantasy III is a much better game than VII.

Did you parents never teach you that different people might have different tastes and opinions than you?
damn :(, go easy on me. apparently if you use "rotfl" and "inb4" it means you are a teenage girl that posts on 4chan now, right. you guys probably have no idea how they write.

you could like a turd but it still remains a turd. sure you have your own tastes and opinions and you could even think that FF3 is the best jrpg ever made but that doesn't make your opinion right. writing something like "I love FF3 but I see how many flaws it has and how much of a better game FF7 is, which I somehow don't like." would be more honest and less nonsense.

Mumford

Thanks for you guys who chipped in, seriously. I appreciate it. I think Ken OD's post and the fact that it's only $4 or whatever convinced me though. I bought it, yippee.
It's only $4. (This is why I've spent like $80 on the Steam sale so far.)

Pachimari

In the past year we have had four Final Fantasy games launch on Steam. Prior to that, we only had FFXI.

Curious that FF Type-0 wasn't announced for PC as well, but I'm still hopeful going forward.

What needs to be patched in FFVIII by the way?
I forgot FF XI were on Steam. Oh boy, now I'm buying this. Why are you doing this to me Grief.exe.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Do ya think I'm going to settle for cheap? :p

http://i.imgur.com/LxVi8CG.png[/][/QUOTE]

No GameMaker Studio Master Collection? [url]http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17001/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1[/url]

[quote="fspm, post: 117709523"]Do you need any of those?[/QUOTE]

[quote="SteveWinwood, post: 117709673"]need?

since when is steam about needing?[/QUOTE]

It is a surprising fact to some that Steam Client is a game until itself, a MMO experience unlike any other. Where collecting as many games/software as possible is a goal until itself, with it's own thrills and tribulations far greater than any Farmville or Cookie click thingy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm playing through Final Fantasy III right now and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. The last time I played it was 1992-ish on the Famicom. While the job system isn't nearly as refined as Final Fantasy V, it's still pretty good, and certainly doesn't make it a bad game.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm playing through Final Fantasy III right now and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. The last time I played it was 1992-ish on the Famicom. While the job system isn't nearly as refined as Final Fantasy V, it's still pretty good, and certainly doesn't make it a bad game.

It's a great game. The difficulty spikes are baffling, but enjoyable.

Do ya think I'm going to settle for cheap? :p

LxVi8CG.png

Free DLC -154€ ?

It is a surprising fact to some that Steam Client is a game until itself, a MMO experience unlike any other. Where collecting as many games/software as possible is a goal until itself, with it's own thrills and tribulations far greater than any Farmville or Cookie click thingy.
jasec max casual confirmed

Ezalc

Personally I think FFVII is more fun than FFX. Better music. More freedom (world map). Much better minigames. It's also easier than FFX, so I think it's a better game to start with. If you can stand the rough graphics you should give it a go.

PC version has these weird mouths though...

Aren't the PC versions terrible though? I heard you had some SE account bullshit that messed up your computer or something.

Yakkue

I had a really good time with it as well. FF3 and FF7 are very different games, and I enjoy them both.

Piggies has puzzles. It also has enemy avoidance sections, but the consequences of these sections is lessened.

But the inventory/lamp oil from Dark Descent was removed, among other mechanics.

Welp, I bought the collection. (mainly because I want to have played all of The Chinese Room's games).

Would it be better to play Piggies before The Dark Descent, as to save the best for last?

Hugstable

Banned
Green team right now:

slb9lqh.gif

It's super easy to get the DS4 working for PC. Go here, download the latest version of DS4Tool (I think it's 1.2.2 now), extract, run "ScpServer," connect controller. Done. Though I would advise to check the box "hide DS4 controller" before connecting it, so it won't cause issues (like double inputs for certain games, or in Steam BPM).

When it states "This tool can't run at the same time as DS3 SCP server gui or service at this moment", does that mean I need to find my DS3 xinput wrapper stuff and delete or, or odes it just mean I can't have both controllers connected at the same time?

And all those files attached at the bottom, I have no idea which one to go for lol.

Welp, I bought the collection. (mainly because I want to have played all of The Chinese Room's games).

Would it be better to play Piggies before The Dark Descent, as to save the best for last?

I'd play Dark Descent first because some aspects of the game will surprise you more and have more impact.

EDIT: I really liked Final Fantasy III on the DS. It's a good dungeon-focused JRPG. Not much to set it apart from the crowd though.

I hope we still get to see new deals during the last half of this sale (and not repeats)
And anyone have an extra Summer Adventure Card #5? I have an extra Summer Adventure Card #3 to trade.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Having tried it twice, once on the SNES and a second time through the 3DS remake, I simply couldn't get into Final Fantasy III due to the understandably bare bones story and world. It is by no means a bad game, but just as I watch wrestling for the soap opera drama on top of stunt acting fights that take place or enjoy an opera for it's music as well as it's story being told, I need more than just serviceable game play being the only thing I get involved in due to the job system.

Personally I prefer Final Fantasy Four Hero of Lights in this regard, as it has a wonderful job system with a story that I care about, albeit still somewhat of the old style. Bravely Default, not a Final Fantasy though close enough, is even better for that.
Those two aren't on Steam of course, DS and 3DS respectfully, but that can be okay, join Salsa and I in the 3DS owning Steam players and have the best of both worlds.

Only app pages can be added to one's wishlist, which is rather short-sighted. If someone has, say, Watch Dogs on their list, there's no knowing if they're after the standard edition or DDE -- this is something that sub support could clear up.

Ah, things are suddenly more clear now. Thanks.

Pachimari

Nope not doing this. Skipping FF XI until next sale and ending it with Dishonored. Then I would have bought around 30 games from the sale equalling €120 I think.

This is some dangerous stuff.

Kyougar

have fun

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-2911EC42DA36E18E - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
The First Templar -- MB-C63168FAEAAFEB59 - Taken by biRdy
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-04DA98CCC1111965 - Taken by Chariot
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-8853316610A91780 - Taken by Speevy

Derp

LOL Okay I see all the DLC. Thank God haha, I was about to freak out. Thanks everyone.
Don't worry, the same thing happened to me when i bought Borderlands 2 GoTY... I freaked out and even sent them an email saying the fucked up my order LOL. Was so embarrassing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom