• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
For Sleeping Dogs the only mission DLC are:

• Year of the Snake
  • Zodiac Tournament
  • Nightmare in North Point

Is this correct? Any other DLC worth getting?

I bought swat pack since they say it contains 30 police missions. Doubt its really necessary though

gabbo

inFAMOUS-Second-Son-Neon-Powers-620x350.png

PBgEGpu.png

oti

Banned
I think I'll skip today. Battleblock is nice but I had it on Xbox 360 and didn't play it that much. Wolf is cool, but I don't want it right now. Sleeping Dogs I've already played through, same with Tomb Raider and MGRR.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't suppose anyone who missed the witcher 2 sale wants to trade for Borderlands2+Borderlands GOTY-pack or Borderlands2 game of the year?

not to be that guy, but you want to trade a 5€ game for 11.99€ or 11.24€ bundles? >_>

Fractal

Banned

• Year of the Snake
  • Zodiac Tournament

Not really... the rest are very minor stuff, some extra cars, weapons, costumes and whatever. With those 3, I'd say you're set.

yatesl

I wish Steam would advertise more on their storefront. Say what you want about GAME (or Gamestop), when you walk in to the store after E3 they have a huge wall just full of the big AAA titles that Christmas.

I'm trying to build a wishlist, but the only "big" games I have on their right now are Witcher 3, Evolve, Alien and Shadows of Mordor.

I love indies. I have a 4670k and GTX 770, yet all I really play are 2D platformers. But sometimes, I just want the bombast, the spectacle. Steam, give me full on page with "HEY MAN LOOK AT THESE GAMES", sort of like Uplay is doing right now with Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 4.

Fable Lost Chapters. Does this game have controller support?

No.

Jonm1010

Banned
yay to all

But if you aren't going to play MGR in the next 6 months it'll probably go down further in the winter seal.

Battleblock Theater: Haven't played it yet

Kingdoms of Amulur: Nay

Metal Gear Rising: It has to be this way

Battleblock - yes
KoA - Despite the praise it gets I found the game to be boring. What the fuck Curt Schilling?
Can't talk about MGR:R never played.

Hmm. Well I have really wanted to play Rising so that seems safe.

I loved Castle Crashers but might wait. KoA seems to be polarizing and I guess this is no different.

Last time I thought about jumping on it the reviews and user opinions I came across varied from best RPG combat system to worst thing ever. From extremely enjoyable to the most generic and boring RPG. Might just pass again, I don't know. Intrigues me though.

Thanks for all the responses!

The only thing I hate about Battleblock Theater is that really fucking annoying announcer, based on the demo. Is there an option to mute him or something?

Aw, but he's one of the best things about the game!

Few suggestions if anyone has a moment...

Battleblock Theater: Yay or Nay?

Kingdoms of Amulur: Yay or Nay?

Metal Gear Rising: Yay or Nay.

Metal Gear Rising most interests me but the other look like they could be fun.

I have all three of these and I say yay to all. If you could only pick one though, go with Metal Gear.

Fractal

Banned
kinda interested in betrayer but I'm hearing a lot of divided opinions on it. I remember reading some previews about it and they didn't seem to care much, but FEAR devs mean it's something I should probably play.

Well, for the current price, if you have any interest in it, I say go for it!

~~Hasan~~

man. yesterday I bought bioshock infinite.
today I bought titanfall for 30$, tomb raider, borderland 2 and sleeping dogs.
couple of days ago I bought splinter cell, and just cause 2

someone stops me. am going crazy here.

Anteater

how good is battleblock theater coop? Not sure if I should get it and also convincing my friend to get it.

Since I don't know how it plays.

edit: and that coop pack blows, fix this shit.

Wag

I just bought Outlast. Debating on whether I want to buy the DLC or wait for it to come down in price more.

• Year of the Snake
  • Zodiac Tournament

Wheels of Fury has a few missions. Those four (NiNP, ZT, WoF, YotS) are generally considered to be the "major" DLCs. The rest are either costumes, side-tasks, weapons, or cheats. Of course, since Valve added the ability to disable individual DLCs, the DLC collection has become a more viable option, as you can just disable the cheat DLCs.

wilflare

Wheels of Fury has a few missions. Those four (NiNP, ZT, WoF, YotS) are generally considered to be the "major" DLCs. The rest are either costumes, side-tasks, weapons, or cheats. Of course, since Valve added the ability to disable individual DLCs, the DLC collection has become a more viable option, as you can just disable the cheat DLCs.

oh wait. that's new.
now there's more incentive to just get everything (completionist OCD)

Someone told me the Sleeping Dogs DLC breaks the balance of the game. I guess there is a way to disable them. Play through the regular game first, then use the dlc after to fuck around.

Mupod

Well, for the current price, if you have any interest in it, I say go for it!

if I said that to every $5 or less game I had a passing interest in, I'd be broke!

i don't know what to do about Metro:LL i want it but then there's the redux. will that just replace the original from even being worth it?

They are different games. I'm a bit wary on Redux, I'd like to know if it's actually an improvement. Also I paid full price for metro 2033 and never quite finished it...

So far I've picked up: Far Cry 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Batman: Arkham Origins, Borderlands 2: GOTY and Kingdoms of Amalur.

The only one I really regret so far is Far Cry 3. Fuck Uplay.

Which of the Sleeping Dogs mission DLCs are the good ones? Don't care about cosmetics.

The other DLCs that are considered good and not cosmetics can be finished rather quickly.

Year of the Snake.
Nightmare at North Point
Zodiac Tournament (to be accessed in the main game)

AHA-Lambda

I remember playing the beta for battleblock theatre on 360 and it seemed really simple, far as I seen there was no penalty for dying?

Not sure if it's my thing but there are really good impressions for so little. Damn you steam sales :/

GavinUK86

Someone told me the Sleeping Dogs DLC break the balance of the game. I guess there is a way to disable them. Play through the regular game first, then use the dlc after to fuck around.

Yeah some of the DLC gives you a massive boost to the police and triad meters which you can raise by playing the game. You end up starting with them pretty much maxed out with the DLC installed.

Today was the first day of the sales that I want to buy something from the dailies.

Tomb Raider GOTY worth the price?
Also, Planetary Annihilation in a good enough shape to buy?

Tomb Raider is definitely worth it. I've never played PA.

solid mike

Bought Witcher 2 because $4 fucking dollars.

Holy shit my pc can't run it smoothly even when every graphics option is on the lowest setting.

Time to upgrade then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom