• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went ahead and snagged Metro: LL despite my misgivings about Ranger Mode being DLC. Still one of the shittiest examples of DLC I've ever seen. Heard good things about the game as a shooter and I like the general somber, decaying tone of these games.

You're in for a treat. Easily one of the most atmospheric FPS games I've ever played.

Nokterian

Today is pink's day.

U6IXb9F.gif

Full force ahead and let's hope pink stays that way.

Wensih

Not bought anything this year. It feels weird. They're only discounting stuff I already own.

I haven't either although Indie-GAF gave me a rather large wishlist. All the dailies/flash deals are either too expensive or things that I can't run (crappy laptop) or don't want or own. I'm looking for those sub $5 deals!

Booshka

Bummed that I am sitting at Steam Level 7 and not able to get card drops. I just sell them immediately to buy more games, but I guess that's why I am not a higher Steam level. Not really buying into the whole badge crafting thing, can't be bothered. I need like 94 xp to get to Level 8 and I don't feel like trying to grind for it.

rtcn63

Went ahead and snagged Metro: LL despite my misgivings about Ranger Mode being DLC. Still one of the shittiest examples of DLC I've ever seen. Heard good things about the game as a shooter and I like the general somber, decaying tone of these games.

From what I've read, The Ranger Mode actually limits your weapons from three to two, so it's arguably inferior. I personally dislike when you're concurrent weapon carry is seemingly arbitrarily limited.

I must be dreaming, but I just found Sudeki on steam for $2.99. I never even knew this classic had a PC release. I loved it on my OG Xbox and now get to finally finish it on my PC. Such a great game.

Never heard of it before... but bought and installing and will be next game I play. Screens look amazing. Thanks for the tip!!

MadGear

Cant comment on PA but Tomb Raider is well worth it. The main thing i disliked about TR is how much Lara got abused in this one, because IMO it added absolutely nothing to the the game or Lara as a character, especially considering her progress within the first few hours - and please try not to die :D The other big downside of this is that the puzzle solving is almost exclusive to the optional tombs and solving these tombs is way to easy for my taste (up to a point where i just didn't enjoy them). In addition the tombs are way to short.

Jawmuncher

Rolf among us for less than 10 is just what I wanted. Don't need anything else but everything else today was pretty good in terms of value.

ViviOggi

Right after the new deals were unlocked I got a notification that I received two new items in my inventory. But there's nothing new in there. Odd.
Were you on the winning team? Then it's your two trading cards. Community servers are always the first to give errors during sales, they'll show up eventually.

Does MGR scale well on older hardware? I have a 2011 spec'd gaming laptop with:

- dual core i7
- Nvidia GT 540m, 2gb
- 8gb ram

Man, wish South Park would reach $25 or less. Guess I'll wait for the winter sale.

Did I miss Pac-man on a flash or daily?

masterkajo

Guys, if Borderlands GOTY can be bundled with Borderlands 2, does that mean Borderlands GOTY is also a daily and won't get lower than -67%?

When you check on Borderlands GOTY store page you can see that it says in blue "DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in..." So yes, it does count as a daily deal and won't go cheaper.

The Ranger mode in LL is terrible BTW.

Super disappointing.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So before I head off to enjoy my birthday, I'm giving away three copies of my favourite game on Steam - Super House Of Dead Ninjas.
I wrote about why I believe it to be so good here, but honestly I could write so much more. Just know it's a sublime side scrolling action game which offers as much to me as Spelunky and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ever did, but at the same time.

Three hour raffle, no restrictions. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117723476#post117723476
I also still have 43 games open to be grabbed in the second post of that thread, which can be found easier in a list here

Have a great day of sales.

Booshka

I picked up Metro:LL back when Best Buy glitched and sold it for 1 cent, felt so bad that I picked up Ranger Mode for 4.99 on the Steam Store right after I redeemed the game. Still haven't played it, but wondering if any of the DLC is worth it. The Season Pass is 2.50 right now, if it's good I might pick it up. Anyone play the DLC?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I find it amusing that Resident Evil 4 HD edition has actually been regularly getting patches for upgrading graphics and bug fixes. Now i want that to go on sale.

I picked up Metro:LL back when Best Buy glitched and sold it for 1 cent, felt so bad that I picked up Ranger Mode for 4.99 on the Steam Store right after I redeemed the game. Still haven't played it, but wondering if any of the DLC is worth it. The Season Pass is 2.50 right now, if it's good I might pick it up. Anyone play the DLC?

best 1 cent i ever did spend

Boring, like playing an empty MMO all by yourself.
Have a fetch quest. And a Kill X quest. And another fetch quest. And 5 more Kill X quests.

To think that I waited for that game for years because they first presented it as that they were aiming for a Morrowind type of game. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is summer card #1 a guaranteed drop or something? its 3-4 cents compared to every other which are still around 20cents

To those of you that have played Battleblock Theater, can you explain what you enjoyed about it?

I love games that I can pick up and play for a few minutes or a few hours and this looks to be one of those games. However, I don't care for super challenging platformers like Super Meat Boy where you have to keep playing the same level over and over.

Is there anything other than the silliness that makes this game stand out?

Sini

Does MGR scale well on older hardware? I have a 2011 spec'd gaming laptop with:

- dual core i7
- Nvidia GT 540m, 2gb
- 8gb ram

Man, wish South Park would reach $25 or less. Guess I'll wait for the winter sale.

Did I miss Pac-man on a flash or daily?
It ran fine on my GT555m and i5 something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom