• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only got $8 left, so I'm torn between Metro Last Light or Orcs Must Die 2

What's the likelihood that OMD2 will be a daily or flash?

Since the Orcs must die collection - including complete editions of both games - was highly discounted a few months ago source , I would bet a good deal may show up very soon, just get your eyes peeled.

Incidentally, if you are into tower defense games, Dungeon defenders, Defense grid, Sang-froid and PixelJunk Monsters are also discounted.

OmegaDL50

To think that I waited for that game for years because they first presented it as that they were aiming for a Morrowind type of game. :(

The reason though of this is because the lead creative for Amalur was Ken Rolston, who was the lead designer for both Morrowind and Oblivion before he left Bethesda.

Shadownet

Banned
Is Tomb Raider on Steam the updated version like what they did to the Xbone and PS4 version? or is it the original PS3 and 360 version.

I ended up buying Fable and Metro Last Light.

wondering if I should pull the trigger on Tomb Raider. already beat it before on PS3. unless it has new content. I probably wouldnt buy it.

Don't worry guys tomorrow blue will win.

rB4Hux7.gif

maneil99

Is Tomb Raider on Steam the updated version like what they did to the Xbone and PS4 version? or is it the original PS3 and 360 version.

I ended up buying Fable and Metro Last Light.

wondering if I should pull the trigger on Tomb Raider. already beat it before on PS3. unless it has new content. I probably wouldnt buy it.

Ps3/Xbox version

Zeliard

They disable the inventory hud so you can't see which nades or items you have equipped. There is also no way to tell how much ammo you do have.

*edit* and the game doesn't tell you how much ammo you pickup...the mode just completely fails to tell you anything really.

Apparently it's feasible to tell what items you're selecting based on the sound they make when you select them.

Guess I'll just have to see what it's like in practice.

Kiru

I can, but a lot of people a page or so back said the DLC was shite, and unbalanced the game, and had few and crappy missions added on.

Are they worth it?

You can deactivate the ones that unbalance the game. Steam added that option in one of the recent client updates.

I'm on "blue" and don't give a monkies for this team shtick.

Maybe there's more like me?

Oh, I don't either, only bought my first game just now lol. It's just that I'm emotionally attached to the color and it sucks seeing it always at the bottom :)
I was happy when I got blue but team blue just sucks lol.

Fractal

Banned
They disable the inventory hud so you can't see which nades or items you have equipped. There is also no way to tell how much ammo you do have.

*edit* and the game doesn't tell you how much ammo you pickup...the mode just completely fails to tell you anything really.

Yeah... and to make things worse, Ranger Hardcore doesn't even tell you which button you're supposed to press during QTEs. Their "hardcore" ideas ultimately ended up damaging the basic game functionality!

dcassell

Banned
Lone Survivor Looks like the kind of game I might really enjoy some quite time with. Too bad there is no controller support. I don't always need a controller but for this kind of game, that's a deal breaker.

You can easily use Joy2Key to make that happen with Lone Survivor. It only uses 3 or 4 buttons, and it works great. While it is annoying that you have to use a workaround, the game is worth it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going to make some dinner but I leave you with this

18bl1vjfjj64igif.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-980B0A05D23BB0BD - Taken by alr1ght. 219 entrants total.

t1403471464z1.png
EVnXObZ.gif

lol i fucked up the megagiver option >_> oh well the more the merrier I guess :/

Yeah... and to make things worse, Ranger Hardcore doesn't even tell you which button you're supposed to press during QTEs. Their "hardcore" ideas ultimately ended up damaging the basic game functionality!

Oh shit, I forgot about that.

I loved Ranger Hardcore in the first game....but LL's was broken.

kvn

Have a slow laptop (samsung 530u3c) and going on a long trip soon. Any recommendations to look out for? I'm open for everything (well almost), thanks.

any idea what edition of tomb raider I should get? regular, survival, or GOTY?

Regular - the only piece of "content" in DLC is the adventurer/explorer's tomb (can't remember the name). It's basically a 10-15 minute puzzle and the game is already long enough without it. Vanilla game is great for this price!

Uzzy

any idea what edition of tomb raider I should get? regular, survival, or GOTY?

Regular. The DLC for Tomb Raider consists of multiplayer stuff, new outfits for Lara and one solitary tomb that'll take you two minutes. The multiplayer is dead, and while the new outfits look nice, they're entirely cosmetic.

Survival Edition is the same as regular but you get an artbook, the soundtrack and a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom