• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you check on Borderlands GOTY store page you can see that it says in blue "DAILY DEAL! Offer ends in..." So yes, it does count as a daily deal and won't go cheaper.

God damn I never even noticed that. Thanks for the heads up, I now know what to get in future.

Just Borderlands GOTY for me then. Will get Borderlands 2 GOTY in a future sale.

Right then, people... here is the damage I'm going for.

uHoTmWS.png

Thoughts? Criticisms?

breadtruck

I find it amusing that Resident Evil 4 HD edition has actually been regularly getting patches for upgrading graphics and bug fixes. Now i want that to go on sale.

Ive been waiting to see if that drops further also. It already pretty cheap, but I would be doing myself a disservice if I didnt wait it out to the end of the sale to see if it gets a flash or daily sale. Wanting Ikaruga to drop a bit more also.

If they dont drop, then last-day purchase it is!

it'd be kinda ironic really if us blue actually gets the lead tomorrow if you look closely at the 5th spot...it's like above a fiery pit of hell...like literally LMAO

rtcn63

Oh, and I've been playing Tomb Raider, it's a slightly less linear version of Uncharted, but with upgradeable weapons and the feel of 60fps.
EDIT: Happy Birthday KenOD!

GavinUK86

God damn I never even noticed that. Thanks for the heads up, I now know what to get in future.

Just Borderlands GOTY for me then. Will get Borderlands 2 GOTY in a future sale.

uHoTmWS.png

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Can you not get Sleeping Dogs with the DLC?

How so?

Kirosia posted earlier that you're limited to two weapon slots instead of three on Ranger Mode, which seems like a pretty dumb way to limit ammunition, but it's something I could live with. Anything else?

They disable the inventory hud so you can't see which nades or items you have equipped. There is also no way to tell how much ammo you do have.

*edit* and the game doesn't tell you how much ammo you pickup...the mode just completely fails to tell you anything really.

Anteater

So before I head off to enjoy my birthday, I'm giving away three copies of my favourite game on Steam - Super House Of Dead Ninjas.
I wrote about why I believe it to be so good here, but honestly I could write so much more. Just know it's a sublime side scrolling action game which offers as much to me as Spelunky and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ever did, but at the same time.

Three hour raffle, no restrictions. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117723476#post117723476
I also still have 43 games open to be grabbed in the second post of that thread, which can be found easier in a list here

Have a great day of sales.

happy birthday KenOD, enjoy your birthday!

nbthedude

Lone Survivor Looks like the kind of game I might really enjoy some quite time with. Too bad there is no controller support. I don't always need a controller but for this kind of game, that's a deal breaker.

They continually presented it as a Morrowind successor; they kept trotting out that crazy old designer that actually worked on it.

I still have trouble believing that this is the best all of those people and all that money could make. Feel sorry for those involved. I mean, based on what I've played it's an ok game if you're really bored and have nothing else to play, but I'm assuming that they were aiming higher then just ok.

Enco

uHoTmWS. png

Thoughts? Criticisms?
Sleeping, Wolf and Borderlands are the best.

Personally I would skip the others.

aku:jiki

Green trying so hard to steal our day, like the bastards they are.

Qpd5nIj.gif

I picked up Metro:LL back when Best Buy glitched and sold it for 1 cent, felt so bad that I picked up Ranger Mode for 4.99 on the Steam Store right after I redeemed the game.
Why would you do that? Best Buy was the party that lost money there, not the game's publisher.

Swhalen

I think I'm in for Planetary Annihilation, MGRR and Metro...

Any RTS players here played Planetary Annihilation? Is it as good as Total Annihilation?

def sim

So before I head off to enjoy my birthday, I'm giving away three copies of my favourite game on Steam - Super House Of Dead Ninjas.
I wrote about why I believe it to be so good here, but honestly I could write so much more. Just know it's a sublime side scrolling action game which offers as much to me as Spelunky and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ever did, but at the same time.

Three hour raffle, no restrictions. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117723476#post117723476
I also still have 43 games open to be grabbed in the second post of that thread, which can be found easier in a list here

Have a great day of sales.

Happy birthday, duder! Have a good one.

maneil99

I think I'm in for Planetary Annihilation, MGRR and Metro...

Any RTS players here played Planetary Annihilation? Is it as good as Total Annihilation?

Almost, due to the planets the scale per planet is a bit lower, if you like SupCom/Total Anal you will like it

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just be aware that the Sleeping Dogs DLC also includes cheat packs in there. Thankfully though you can disable them with the new steam update, i think.

I didnt know that when i bought all the DLC

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

uHoTmWS.png

Thoughts? Criticisms?

I would skip Fable, as the remastered edition is coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom