• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Since there's a sale on Dead Rising 3, I hope Ultra Street Fighter 4 gets the same treatment.

not a chance

DR3 is just pulling a MGRising, port a late console game to PC and offer a good pre-order price and pass it as a "sale"

this is what the game should cost, not $49.99

onionfrog

I didn't think I was going to buy anything today, but then someone in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread was selling Dead Rising 3 preorders for $21. (Based Russians)

Farewell, sweet wallet!

Hollycat

Is witcher 1 worth playing as well, it's 1.99 Or should I just get Witcher 2?
Rather, will it enhance my pleasure If I play witcher 1 as well?

Chariot

iSoCpi2SbjlHa.jpg

Team best Chaika
I didn't even watch the show

Zafir

not a chance

DR3 is just pulling a MGRising, port a late console game to PC and offer a good pre-order price and pass it as a "sale"

this is what the game should cost, not $49.99
Russiabucks price makes it worth it.

I wouldn't have bothered double dipping otherwise.

aku:jiki

How is this?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222980/

It's the cheapest game on my wishlist ($1.01 - 66% off). Think it'll go any lower? At that price, any further discount seems really negligible anyway.
This is something I don't get. Is it possible for all of these unadvertised deals to be unmarked dailies, or are the dailies just the 9 slots + 4 flash sales on the front page?

If so, ain't no way in hell a game like Dead Pixels is getting one of those slots.

Arthea

I wonder is it worth posting all bundles that are on sale, not so little btw.

Frozenbyte Collection
Trine Complete
Alien Breed™ Trilogy
Avernum Bundle
Divinity Anthology
Geneforge Saga
XCOM: Enemy Unknown + The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Duke Nukem Forever Collection
PixelJunk™ Monsters Ultimate + Shooter Bundle
Action Indie Pack
Adam's Venture Complete Pack
BitPack
Cabela's® Dangerous Hunts 2013 and Hunting Expeditions Bundle
Chrome + SpecForce Bundle
Dead Island Franchise Pack
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Elven Legacy Collection
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Collector's Bundle
Flatout 3: Chaos and Destruction
Game of Thrones Bundle
Grotesque Tactics Complete Pack
Hacker Complete Bundle
Introversion Complete Pack
Joe Danger + Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Lunar Pack
Pendulo Adventure Pack
Serious Sam Complete Pack
Slam Bolt Scrappers + Go Home Dinosaurs Bundle
Syberia Bundle
The Blackwell Bundle
The Dream Machine Bundle
Two Worlds Collection
Ultrabundle
Winter Voices Complete Pack
Two Tribes Pack

everything discounted -75% or more

OmegaDL50

Grim Dawn is a pre-release status game, but it's 30% off for $17.

Do pre-release games ever get Daily Deal / Flash Sales?

I am highly favorable towards Diablo-clones. I enjoyed Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2, Sacred 2, etc. So I tend to buy any notable releases of this genre, and since it's from the Titan Quest devs, my interest is piqued.

What say you, GAF?

Go team green!

Not too much I want right now so I'm mainly just making decks. Made 3 so far spending around $1.30. Will probably buy some extremely cheap games that have cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know we are all a bunch of jaded fucks, and Im biased since I dont particulary find any steam sale bad, but I must say, strong first day?

some oddities in the dailies like Democracy (lol?) but Witcher sale is great, Farcry Sale is great (that bundle with all of them is amazing), Sins 80% cant complain (although I keep not buying it), XCOM and Dont Starve also great sales, DR# is...whatever is is, they have this new trend of pre order games as dailies fine.

Flash sales also good deals, as everything is at leas 75%. And then theres a bunch of stuff with great base discounts even outside of dailies. Good start methinks

oh and the new voting system of voting for 4 games instead of 1 should mean there are more games on sale during it

Is witcher 1 worth playing as well, it's 1.99 Or should I just get Witcher 2?
Rather, will it enhance my pleasure If I play witcher 1 as well?
Witcher 1 has an arguably better story and more memorable moments. I hated the combat at first, but after it clicked with me, TW1 became one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The story and setting are amazing, they really are. Your choices and things that you do actually matter and can change the world for Geralt very much if you don't pay attention.

Zafir

I am highly favorable towards Diablo-clones. I enjoyed Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2, Sacred 2, etc. So I tend to buy any notable releases of this genre, and since it's from the Titan Quest devs, my interest is piqued.

What say you, GAF?
They have in the past, yes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Pre-release games are currently in the Daily Deals, so I would guess the answer to this question is yes even if I didn't know based on past experience that the answer is yes :p

This is something I don't get. Is it possible for all of these unadvertised deals to be unmarked dailies, or are the dailies just the 9 slots + 4 flash sales on the front page?

If so, ain't no way in hell a game like Dead Pixels is getting one of those slots.
You never know.

But to answer your question, the dailies and flash deals are what's on the front page. Everything else is just a sale discount, with the potential of becoming a daily/flash deal at a greater discount at some point.

Now, has anyone actually played Dead Pixels? I know it's only a $1, but I'd rather not drop it on crap just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom