• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Yeah, I'm sitting here shaking my head.
Teams don't fucking matter, you're not going to win anyway, nobody cares what your color is, or what games you bought.

NOFUNALLOWED.jPG

No but really, FFS, team stats will change every second, it's not like WC where England score just once every 90 minutes and it's a big deal or something.
I guess what is bothering me even more than avatar stuff is the constant update about who's winning. Like it would mean something, 19 hours before the end of the day, after 5 hours where the leading team constantly changed.

Ouch, I really feel old and grumpy now.
I'd take what you're taking tho.

Just an adivce for anyone new to the Steam Sale

71ZhXdm.gif

Don't follow it, or go #YOLO and follow my advice

contemplating on getting The Witcher 1 -__- ..i already have mine and got it from GoG ....also do have TW2 on both GoG and Steam

does anyone know if saves are still eligible if you like play either versions and continue them differently like GoG copy Save>Steam Copy to Steam Copy Save > GoG Copy Save?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Metal Gear Rising is 25% off at £14.99. This a case of me having to wait until it's a daily or flash sale?

yes. stop asking the same thing people :(

Bummed that team green is crushing it and I havent contributed any points so I cant technically win anything :/ but im not going to buy the 6 cards I need just for a slim chance at wishlist games

Garcia

This is insane. The death toll is rising and we haven't even reached the middle of Day 1. So many games bought, so many of them out of dailies!

Can't say no to Marlow Briggs at that price.

Killer is Dead is 20% in case anyone is interested, I wonder if it'll go lower considering how recent it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pre-release games are currently in the Daily Deals, so I would guess the answer to this question is yes even if I didn't know based on past experience that the answer is yes :p

Grim Dawn is early access, not pre-release. Theres lots of early access games as dailies during the sales

So Metal Gear Rising is 25% off at £14.99. This a case of me having to wait until it's a daily or flash sale?
You ALWAYS wait till the last day or two before buying a non-daily or non-flash. If whatever you're interested in doesn't show up before the best-of sales then it's safe to buy at that time.

aku:jiki

You never know.

But to answer your question, the dailies and flash deals are what's on the front page. Everything else is just a sale discount, with the potential of becoming a daily/flash deal at a greater discount at some point.
But that's my point! If that's the case, then we certainly do know. If the dailies/flashes can only possibly be the 13 slots on the front page, there is absolutely no way they're going to give that advertising space to Dead Pixels or pretty much 90% of my personal wishlist. It's going to go to "AAA" games and the occasional super-popular indie.

All of you telling me to wait for dailies are dirty liars!

I know that this is the Steam Sale thread, but the normal Steam thread is locked so I can't ask this there. Is anyone able to find the Indie Gala Blood Knights Bundle? Every time I click the link from the Indie Game Bundle Wiki, it goes to the Greenlight bundle.

Best sale for me since winter 2010, checking my wishlist shows a bunch of "not yet dailies but likely wont be" games with reasonable discounts. I'll of course be waiting till the last day (and checking if any traders can offer a good deal) but for those interested in lesser publicized games here's what im watching.

Dawn of discovery
Astebreed
Space run
steam marines

Rhaknar

But that's my point! If that's the case, then we certainly do know. If the dailies/flashes can only possibly be the 13 slots on the front page, there is absolutely no way they're going to give that advertising space to Dead Pixels or pretty much 90% of my personal wishlist. It's going to go to "AAA" games and the occasional super-popular indie.

common sense, how does it work? o_O

this is the only Pac-Man deal you need:

header_586x192.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/31161/

all other games are garbage

Pac-Man CE DX has issues with my arcade stick tho which is kinda unacceptable

Damn, I literally just bought the regular DX+ edition; I didn't even know about this one. However, it's so good of a deal I went ahead and bought it anyway. Including the Xbox360 version, I guess I own this game thrice now.

Gonna pimp this on the Smash Bros thread to capitalize on the Pacman hype, this game is just that awesome.

It's also the only thing in the entire sale I've bought except for One Way Heroics.

Guilty Gear Isuka doesn't even have a general sale discount. Guess that definietly won't be a daily/flash/etc. Would have been nice to complete my fighting game collection.

MTE

God damnit, Steam.
I didn't participate in the last 2 or 3 sales, but you HAD to go and put The Witcher 2 on sale, didn't you?!

There are always a few hidden Deals that don't get dailied but that's why we have a hidden gem thead and last minute hauls

So I bought 3 games 15 minutes ago, and while my bank account shows I made the transaction, the games haven't been added to my steam account, and I haven't received an email from steam confirming the purchase. Should I be worried or is this general steam sale overload delay? Sorry if this gets asked constantly.

EDIT: actually, false alarm, my bank account says the payment is 'queued up' (probably due to steam sale load on valve's end) and that it hasn't been completed yet.

Turfster

Ouch, I really feel old and grumpy now.
I'd take what you're taking tho.

We can be old and grumpy together.
Do you have to drive anywhere? Because then you can't have any of my pills.
I just hope the stupid color bullshit and "OMG WE ARE WINNING" crap (Hint: You're fucking not, so shut the fuck up, there's still over 18 hours to go) stops after the first day, when people will have finally gotten it through their skulls that it doesn't fucking matter.

yes. stop asking the same thing people :(

Bummed that team green is crushing it and I havent contributed any points so I cant technically win anything :/ but im not going to buy the 6 cards I need just for a slim chance at wishlist games

You can contribute with regular badges, too. They don't have to be the summer ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom