• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

Red is so far behind, only explanation that comes to mind is that a bunch of them used tokens to bail out of a losing team.

What would be interesting is if green became dominant every day due to folks buying green tokens to get onto the winning team.

Arthea

I know that this is the Steam Sale thread, but the normal Steam thread is locked so I can't ask this there. Is anyone able to find the Indie Gala Blood Knights Bundle? Every time I click the link from the Indie Game Bundle Wiki, it goes to the Greenlight bundle.

you don't see tabs with other bundles?
If you see them, just click on tab with Blood Knights.

Now, has anyone actually played Dead Pixels? I know it's only a $1, but I'd rather not drop it on crap just the same.

Well, Steam says that I played it for a little more than an hour... If you like mindless shooting games I guess it can be OK for a dollar, but I got bored and I don't think I'll ever play it again unless I can gets some Playfire Rewards out of it.

I personally dug the retro style and the various shops scattered around each level, but playing alone against hordes of zombies on the same empty streets gets old really fast. I'm sure the coop mode is fun, but it's only local. I wouldn't really say it's bad, I guess I'm just not into this type of games.

Key sellers seem to be uniformly useless today, although I suppose they're getting swamped. So stupid of me not to do it days ago.

Is it legit though? Can Capcom not retroactively region lock?
No, as long as you redeem it while it still region free. If you bought it and Capcom then region locked it, the gift in your inventory could turn into a locked copy.

aD0wOnG_460sa.gif

Let's Go Blue !!!!

Ma man!

~Kinggi~

Banned
This team shit is insidious. Poor suckers getting wrapped up into spending a fortune cause they are addicted to cards. Thankfully the odds of getting a free game seem so small as to not even be worth it. Ill craft at least one badge this year as thats what i usually do during sales but not going nuts.

Zafir

Key sellers seem to be uniformly useless today, although I suppose they're getting swamped. So stupid of me not to do it days ago.

No, as long as you redeem it while it still region free. If you bought it and Capcom then region locked it, the gift in your inventory could turn into a locked copy.

I personally got Dead Rising 3 off Dispenser in the end. Was a few up for 9 keys, which seemed to be the cheapest price in keys I could find at that point in time anyway.

Avinexus

Red team is just holding back compiling cards. They are gonna make a bunch of badges just before the time limit for today and win.

Hasney

Dead Rising is a Pre-Order and Day Z and Divinity are still Early Access games... this shouldn't be surprising. Not to mention, this is really the first year that Early Access has been around long enough to appear with discounted games in the sales.

Day Z use to be 39.99 FYI so 25 bucks isn't a horrible price.

Oh yeah, I'm not surprised. I just wanted to be surprised. I got Dead Rising 3 for £12 anyway so I'm happy. I'd be more willing to buy an early access game if it had a deep discount as I tend to avoid... Next Car Game may be an exception though.

Hindl

Ok I got a question. After the Wonderful 101 and the upcoming Bayonetta, I've gotten pretty in to character action games, specifically Platinum. And I know that Kamiya was only involved in the first one, but I want to get into the Devil May Cry series. I've heard mixed things on the new one, but it's on flash sale. Additionally, a bundle of 3 and 4 is on sale, so eventually it'll probably be on flash sale or daily. So what are the good DMC games? Should I get the new one if I like Wonderful 101/Bayonetta? Or just stick with the 3/4 bundle when that drops in price? And are 3 and 4 well regarded as well?

The daily sales today made me go back and try Far Cry 3 again, which I never beat when I played it before.

F*ck that game, seriously. I just spent almost an hour with one of the most infuriating missions I've played in games like this, where I died over and over again for an NPC you were supposed to protect couldn't stay alive, and eventually rage quit the game and lost all the progress because the game lacks proper quick save/quick load even in the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom