• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
First time doing this, hope I didn't screw anything up.
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Riptide -- MB-17DE529C123496EA - Taken by Cheddahz. 22 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-97C2833968191C94 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-7FBBEA38B5624306 - Taken by Crimsonclaw111. 11 entrants total.
Don't Starve -- MB-2B264C22188D90E5 - Taken by BurnMuhBread. 15 entrants total.

t1403218849z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was talking to a trader and it seems like Divinity: Original Sin is region locked now, is this true?

I think only the Deluxe Edition or whatever it's called is region locked. Standard Edition should be region free

Cheddahz

Banned
I think only the Deluxe Edition or whatever it's called is region locked. Standard Edition should be region free

Ugh, well every trader I've talked to is telling me that it's locked and I've checked on Enhanced Steam and it doesn't mention anything about the standard edition being locked...this has become much more of a chore than I wanted it to be

OmegaDL50

You never know.

But to answer your question, the dailies and flash deals are what's on the front page. Everything else is just a sale discount, with the potential of becoming a daily/flash deal at a greater discount at some point.

Now, has anyone actually played Dead Pixels? I know it's only a $1, but I'd rather not drop it on crap just the same.

Dead Pixels is basically Resident Evil mixed with River City Ransom...definitely worth $1

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what team I am, only bought DmC on the iOS app and played Pushmo all night long

BUT WE BETTER BE WINNING

Salsa

snag quick

ModBot said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-45E2E771F345B8CD - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Turfster

I don't like this addition of when you start or remove something from the market in the history. Now your actual sales get totally lost.

Zafir

Ugh, well every trader I've talked to is telling me that it's locked and I've checked on Enhanced Steam and it doesn't mention anything about the standard edition being locked...this has become much more of a chore than I wanted it to be

Well, when I've gone to the russian page for it, it says region locked on the default page, so that's probably where they're getting it from.

For reference, the russian page = http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230?cc=ru

Ok I got a question. After the Wonderful 101 and the upcoming Bayonetta, I've gotten pretty in to character action games, specifically Platinum. And I know that Kamiya was only involved in the first one, but I want to get into the Devil May Cry series. I've heard mixed things on the new one, but it's on flash sale. Additionally, a bundle of 3 and 4 is on sale, so eventually it'll probably be on flash sale or daily. So what are the good DMC games? Should I get the new one if I like Wonderful 101/Bayonetta? Or just stick with the 3/4 bundle when that drops in price? And are 3 and 4 well regarded as well?

So, DMC1 and 3 are amazing but you should get those on the HD Collection if you have a console. The PC version of 3 is hot garbage that can be fixed into an enjoyable experience but will require some good old PC tweaking.

DMC4 on the other hand is seriously the best PC version of any game I have ever played. Just a perfect perfect perfect port. The combat is almost as good as Bayonetta but the campaign is a bit dull in comparison. Still, stick with it and the game will reward you with an amazingly deep combat system. Definitely buy this game on PC, right now. Runs at a flawless 120fps on a toaster.

The new one (DmC) is a very watered down version of character action games but is a decent enough God of War romp. Get it if you don't mind the cost but don't expect anything near the level of Platinum games.

tmarques

The daily sales today made me go back and try Far Cry 3 again, which I never beat when I played it before.

F*ck that game, seriously. I just spent almost an hour with one of the most infuriating missions I've played in games like this, where I died over and over again for an NPC you were supposed to protect couldn't stay alive, and eventually rage quit the game and lost all the progress because the game lacks proper quick save/quick load even in the PC version.

Same here, had to quit it to preserve my sanity. Haven't bougth the 80s-themed spin-off, whatever it's called, for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom