• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

60WQyn6.jpg

soo, is this game is region locked ?

18$ is very tempting

There is nothing to buy now that I haven't bought already in the past that I'm interested in. Will be Team Lonely Hearts Club until something pops up that strikes my fancy.

Sendero

Team Red here! First time participating on a Sale.

Wonder how much money Steam gets only on commodity purchases for this Adventure game. It must be raining money on their complex now.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, considering that Divinity: Original Sin seems to be region locked now, does somebody want to go half and half with me on the collector's edition of it (since it includes two copies)? I'll pay for it and I'll send your copy to you or the other way around!

kris.

Banned
finally get sorted into a team at the end of the day and it's on team best AKA TEAM GREEN

oh and we're winning

idk what that means but yay!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ugh, well every trader I've talked to is telling me that it's locked and I've checked on Enhanced Steam and it doesn't mention anything about the standard edition being locked...this has become much more of a chore than I wanted it to be

Here's the steamdb page for the Collector's Edition
http://steamdb.info/sub/45317/

As you can see it has the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No tag, which means that it's region locked

The sub for the standard edition doesn't have this tag so you should be fine no matter what these ignorant traders say
http://steamdb.info/sub/35401/

Hindl

So, DMC1 and 3 are amazing but you should get those on the HD Collection if you have a console. The PC version of 3 is hot garbage that can be fixed into an enjoyable experience but will require some good old PC tweaking.

DMC4 on the other hand is seriously the best PC version of any game I have ever played. Just a perfect perfect perfect port. The combat is almost as good as Bayonetta but the campaign is a bit dull in comparison. Still, stick with it and the game will reward you with an amazingly deep combat system. Definitely buy this game on PC, right now. Runs at a flawless 120fps on a toaster.

The new one (DmC) is a very watered down version of character action games but is a decent enough God of War romp. Get it if you don't mind the cost but don't expect anything near the level of Platinum games.

Thanks! I'll wait till the end of the sale to pick up 4 and may grab DmC. So you said 1 and 3 are amazing. I feel like the answer to this is yes since you recommend I buy the PC version, but is 4 just as good? I've heard weird things about DMC and how the 1st one is the pinnacle and goes downhill from there

Rockk

If at this point anyone still doesn't have Hotline Miami then you really need to do yourself a favor and pick it up. The music alone is worth $1.49

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks! I'll wait till the end of the sale to pick up 4 and may grab DmC. So you said 1 and 3 are amazing. I feel like the answer to this is yes since you recommend I buy the PC version, but is 4 just as good? I've heard weird things about DMC and how the 1st one is the pinnacle and goes downhill from there

DMC1 and DMC3 are pure masterpieces.

DMC4 has its share of problems, but also features some of the deepest, most satisfying combat in any character action game ever. For $5, you really can't go wrong. The port is phenomenal.

Shantom

Ending soon:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Fantasy VIII- -- MB-A8A430EB3A5D3779 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 46 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VII -- MB-199BE616EF3D7396 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 31 entrants total.

t1403219440z1.png

dot

DMC4 is very good. In my opinion 3 and 4 are the best of the series.

chessnut

hey guys, i have like $80 in my steam wallet that I don't think I'll ever use. If anyone wants, I can buy stuff on steam and sell it to whoever wants it for 10% off. I only buy like 1 or 2 things from these sales nowadays. pm if you're interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom