• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

jf2El9FfJb67E.png
"Hey guys, awesome race we have, right? Guys? Guys! GUYS!"

Hindl

DMC1 and DMC3 are pure masterpieces.

DMC4 has its share of problems, but also features some of the deepest, most satisfying combat in any character action game ever. For $5, you really can't go wrong. The port is phenomenal.

Ok sweet thanks. If no dailies come I think I'll bite on the DMC 3/4 bundle at the end of the sale and do whatever modding I need to to get 3 working. I'd love to get the HD collection but my last gen consoles are unavailable. I did play DS1 on the PC pre-Durante control fix so I think I can handle it

more points will be stolen from No.1 team and gave other team members "hope".
Le5OBOz.jpg

z6CWyB8.jpg

Exhibit A on why this pennant race is a sham. There's probably some autobalancing mechanism in the token drops that is intended to prevent any one color from gaining an insurmountable lead.

Tobinishi

It's that time of the year again. Won't buy anything and save the money for a gaming PC - at least that's the plan.

Of course I'm in Team Red -.-

aScaris

STEAM SALE!!!! Here we go again :D

Right off the bat a good deal with FarCry 3, but I'm not sure that I will get it :) How are the chances that it will get a repeat?

GO TEAM PURPLE!!!

Sarcasm

Anybody interested in Don't Starve + DLC 2 pack? I can host (though I own the base game..I want a copy for my wife so I don't know how that is going to work and its steam wallet). If so PM me, I am headed to bed.

Zeliard

7:06:30 PM <SteveYoungblood> Oh, I can log into steam now. Let's see what team I'm on.
7:07:22 PM <SteveYoungblood> How do I know which team I'm on?
7:07:41 PM <stump> i'm sure if you poke around on the main page of steam for like 90 seconds you'll figure it out

stump is killing me

Thanks! I'll wait till the end of the sale to pick up 4 and may grab DmC. So you said 1 and 3 are amazing. I feel like the answer to this is yes since you recommend I buy the PC version, but is 4 just as good? I've heard weird things about DMC and how the 1st one is the pinnacle and goes downhill from there

To clarify:
Well, 1 is my personal favorite because it just has this razor sharp focus and some of the best enemy encounters of all time. 4 actually remakes a lot of the enemies from 1, which is nice.

3 invented the super complex combo system you see in all games in this genre and is still kind of the big daddy in that sense.

4, like I said, has the best combat system but is marred by a repetitive story mode.

There is no downhill with this series (except 2, no point in even looking at that game, trust me), they're all just amazing games in different ways. None of them are the perfect package but they all excel at what they do well. IMHO Bayonetta is the first game coming close to being a perfect edition of the genre, but it also has a few problems holding it back.

Anyway, get them all. DmC is skippable unless you really have nothing else to play. Check out Metal Gear Rising as well, should be right up your alley.

MRORANGE

7:06:30 PM <SteveYoungblood> Oh, I can log into steam now. Let's see what team I'm on.
7:07:22 PM <SteveYoungblood> How do I know which team I'm on?
7:07:41 PM <stump> i'm sure if you poke around on the main page of steam for like 90 seconds you'll figure it out

stump is killing me

dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom