• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe they could integrate it with cards? That's what I've been thinking, they might be able to make even more money.

achievements can never be tied to cards (or vice versa) because you can easily cheat steam achievements

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For the king..
King you say?

In honour of Uruguay winning against England, and football king Suarez
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

PES 2014 Plus World Challenge DLC -- MB-CBD220C296910C41 - Taken by Trejik. 22 entrants total.

t1403231698z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I know we don't talk about games here, but Gunpoint is really awesome. The writing is hilarious.

Yes, it's a quiet little gem. I'd really recommend it to pretty much anyone. And the cool thing is that if you want to play the game killing everyone and making a mess, go for it. But if you want to play silently, speedy, undetected, and non-violent, that option is there too.

Hindl

To clarify:
Well, 1 is my personal favorite because it just has this razor sharp focus and some of the best enemy encounters of all time. 4 actually remakes a lot of the enemies from 1, which is nice.

3 invented the super complex combo system you see in all games in this genre and is still kind of the big daddy in that sense.

4, like I said, has the best combat system but is marred by a repetitive story mode.

There is no downhill with this series (except 2, no point in even looking at that game, trust me), they're all just amazing games in different ways. None of them are the perfect package but they all excel at what they do well. IMHO Bayonetta is the first game coming close to being a perfect edition of the genre, but it also has a few problems holding it back.

Anyway, get them all. DmC is skippable unless you really have nothing else to play. Check out Metal Gear Rising as well, should be right up your alley.

Ok thanks a lot and I actually also have MGR should've mentioned that. That game is insane, although I've placed it below Bayonetta and W101. We'll see where DMC stacks up

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mmh, so why Far Cry: Blood Dragon is not shown on the main page, even though it's labeled as "Daily Deal".

Is there an alternative way to figure out if there are others titles like that?

Often times when a game is featured in the Daily Deal, other related games get a Daily Deal discount. In this case, Far Cry 3 is a daily or flash deal or whatever, so Blood Dragon gets the discount. If, say, Dead Space was a daily deal, you'd expect this to happen with Dead Space 2 or vice-versa. Sometimes they have an actual "franchise" image they use for the daily.

No need to worry, there aren't random secret dailies, only related stuff.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
OT because it doesn't involve colors but I've got one copy of Interstellar Marines and 4 copies of Dead Island : Epidemic sitting in my inventory if anyone wants them.

Haunted

Team Purple is my shit.

30 members getting rewarded (of likely tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands), seems small, but they're basically giving away 90 games every day, can't really hate on that.

Evrain

I'm a bit perplexed: I bought Marlow Briggs and Steam, instead of asking me whether I wanted to pay with Paypal or via my Wallet just drained the sum from the latter. Did I screw something up?

Persona7

Banned
Can I vote by logging in through a web browser? The linux client seems to have been removed from the website and I can't install it through the ubuntu repo.

Grief.exe

Anything I miss today? Had a hectic day at work with a ton of liability dumped on me.

Hopefully I can get caught up with you guys tomorrow.

Evo X

I'm a bit perplexed: I bought Marlow Briggs and Steam, instead of asking me whether I wanted to pay with Paypal or via my Wallet just drained the sum from the latter. Did I screw something up?

The wallet is always set as the primary method of payment if you have enough to pay for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom