• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I just started watching Naruto and the game looks pretty fun!

I'm also wondering about Dead Island. If I were to get it, should I go with Riptide, or the original? Does it really matter? Is it worth the time?

STEAM SALE! TEAM PINK!

Get whichever your friends have as they are more or less the same thing. That game is exponentially better with friends and a controller.

Are we doing avatars again?

Blue here, please!

This is another one I may redo.
blue1kssap.png

blue2e8szp.png

dot

I'm also wondering about Dead Island. If I were to get it, should I go with Riptide, or the original? Does it really matter? Is it worth the time?

STEAM SALE! TEAM PINK!

If you do buy it you should probably hold off playing it until you get caught up, lol. Super spoilers in that game.

Dead Island is okay. I hear Riptide is kind of an expansion? You can just get both. :p

LiK

STEAM SALE! TEAM PINK!

Riptide is actually the followup to it. the story continues where first game left off.

Cbajd5

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition -- MB-B036BC2D785A3BE5 - Taken by Garcia. 18 entrants total.

t1403228049z1.png

here's a give away or whatever

as long as amazon steam keys don't expire

PURPLE TEAM RULES

but anyone can enter ya know

If you do buy it you should probably hold off playing it until you get caught up, lol. Super spoilers in that game.

Dead Island is okay. I hear Riptide is kind of an expansion? You can just get both. :p

I started Riptide last week and it feels more like an Add-On than an own Game. You can even import your character from the first Game.

Both are fun though I would say, though the sidequests feel totally like an MMO. "Go there, get something, drive back."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might have to bite on Van Helsing II. Really enjoyed the first one, but the devs taking forever discounting the DLC really left a bad taste in my mouth...

Trejik

STEAM SALE! TEAM PINK!

If you just started watching Naruto, that game is a huge spoiler fest for things that haven't even happened in the Manga yet, so beware. And the original Dead Island is better.

Damn... I know it's some silly shit, but I'm embarrassed for being on team red.

GO GO TEAM RED DAMMIT! WE CAN DO IT!

Salsa

Might have to bite on Van Helsing II. Really enjoyed the first one, but the devs taking forever discounting the DLC really left a bad taste in my mouth...

ES servers are busted/hammered right?

I wanna idle cards but I wanna know the price dang it

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
From what I recall, it's locked to 30fps, if that's a clincher.
Yeah, and in a bad way, if you get frame drops the game slows down (and if you unlock the framerate the game speeds up and breaks).
The good thing is that at least in my case, it only slowed down to upper-20s after forcing 8xMSAA through Catalyst :p

I blame Naruto and Castlevania nerds for this horrible flash sale selection.
At least the Naruto game is fun!

Crayons

Banned
If you just started watching Naruto, that game is a huge spoiler fest for things that haven't even happened in the Manga yet, so beware. And the original Dead Island is better.

Is it fun for someone who hasn't watched the anime/manga and doesn't plan to?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ES servers are busted/hammered right?

I wanna idle cards but I wanna know the price dang it

Yeah, they're still getting slammed - working with my provider now to expand our server farm - but it might have fixed itself by the time they get a few more servers set up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant buy tiny troopers on iOS app (it specifically says)

is that a "that game is on the app store go buy it there since that is a PHONE you are using" jab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom