• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Okay.
2aLC3Q3.jpg

Thanks KenOD, hope he likes it. ;)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hey, what does a guy have to do to get his avatar Team Red-ified? Mafalda wants to support the lost cause and is too lazy to open photoshop.
Mafalda is already wearing red though :p

Also, friendly reminder: 1 hour left on the PES2014 giveaway!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pinball FX2 stuff is 50% off. Does DLC like that go on flash sale ever, or is that the cheapest something like that will be during the sale?

Foofaraw

Wow, you have about 500 episodes/chapters to go. :D The art direction is definitely beautiful, i agree.

He could just play versus/online.

Even if I skip the filler, it is a pretty daunting task. I'm already noticing several minutes per episode of reshowing material from the last episode. That's a bummer.

I'm not sure I care lots about the plot, but the fight scenes are fun. This game seems to have crazy DBZ style fight scenes with all sorts of Kung Fu ninja magic.

So it's spend 10 dollars and get one card you also get one card when you first join a team. So in order to get a free game on the first day you have to spend 70 dollars? (That's assuming every subsequent card is unique) Am I missing something?

You also get a card when you craft a badge. So you can spend a couple bucks or so to get some cards from games you own and fill out your badges that way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont understand the Hard Truck Apocalypse releases at all

Theres 3 different ones that all seem like the same game. I own the most expensive one already, Hard Truck Apocalypse / EX Machina

then there is one alled Hard Truck Apocalypse: Arcade / EX Machina: Arcade, which the steam app says I dont own

and there is what looks like a (standalone? fuck if I know) expansion called Rise of Clans

any expert in this "gem" care to shine some light on it?

SmithnCo

So it's spend 10 dollars and get one card you also get one card when you first join a team. So in order to get a free game on the first day you have to spend 70 dollars? (That's assuming every subsequent card is unique) Am I missing something?

You can buy the cards from the marketplace.

Oublieux

I've never really messed with badges until today, but man this is getting pretty addicting.

Addictive. Sorry, it's just a little grammatical pet peeve of mind, and I'm not being critical or anything.

Anyway, I totally understand... something about collecting cards and crafting badges is strangely compelling. It scares me.

That Lords of Shadow 2 discount is pretty pathetic & I noticed Yaiba isn't discounted at all. I always find it weird when the PC version of a game costs more than the Console version.

is it necessary to play witcher 1 before 2? everyone is saying witcher 2 is good so i am considering buying it

Its not required, but it probably helps to understand the start of Witcher 2 a bit better though. But, to be honest, as much love as I have for TW1 it is pretty dated especially compared to TW2. At this stage I'd be more inclined to say go right to TW2 and then pick up the first one down the road if you want to see how it all began. Though if you really want to do TW1 first, the second does allow you to import your save game so that the choices you made are reflected in the story.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

You also get a card every three votes (every day), and every time you craft any badge, and you can buy the cards from the marketplace for well less than a dollar each.

Probably not buying anything for myself. I've soured a bit on Steam in the past year or so. I dunno, maybe I'll get some stuff for friends. Normally I'd be crafting badges and all sorts of other dumb shit right now. My wallet is feeling frigid.

bigace33

Lol doing real well with the steam money I made off selling cards. Made like $25 so far in total. Bought Pacman Championship edition, Heavy Weapon Deluxe and some game for .29 cents. Wondering if the Fallout games will go any lower than they are now, and also should I but Don't Starve Vanilla or the base game with Land of the Giants

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a spare grinding game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-12ABF0298A052E60

t1403229650z1.png

r3n4ud

Probably not buying anything for myself. I've soured a bit on Steam in the past year or so. I dunno, maybe I'll get some stuff for friends. Normally I'd be crafting badges and all sorts of other dumb shit right now. My wallet is feeling frigid.

It's all good. No shame in skipping a sale every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom