• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainaurdur

PRAISE PURPLE
wcKOJmT.png

Hahah. Nice.

I didn't expect us to move ahead, we were in 3rd or 4th place for so much of the afternoon.

Foofaraw

If you do buy it you should probably hold off playing it until you get caught up, lol. Super spoilers in that game. :p
Well, I'm on episode 18 of the original series. That may take a long time. It just looks so good! I wish there were more PC games that had this kind of art direction.

Get whichever your friends have as they are more or less the same thing. That game is exponentially better with friends and a controller.

Another vote not to get it, haha. I don't have many friends that game.

Only fps to ever give me a headache, not to mention within minutes of playing. Not sure why that is.

Yikes. Maybe I'll skip it, then. I tend to get nausea with FPS. At least with most valve games. Thanks for the heads up!

Trejik

Is it fun for someone who hasn't watched the anime/manga and doesn't plan to?

If you're a fan of anime/manga in general, yes. Highly enjoyable. But you need to be into that crazy Dragon Ball Z "here comes my ultra super transformation and watch as I throw a planet at you" type of stuff. As a fighting game it's broken, mainly because the characters are stronger in accordance to the show (Final version Naruto destroys most characters, i.e.) but as a solid fun romp with crazy Japanese ninjas destroying cities during a gorgeous 8-10 hour campaign it's really worth it.

For those that have played, how is Naruto? The cel shading looks glorious, I'm a sucker for any game that pulls that off and more importantly animates it well. Is the gameplay fun/deep?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Cool, I just started watching Naruto and the game looks pretty fun!

I'm also wondering about Dead Island. If I were to get it, should I go with Riptide, or the original? Does it really matter? Is it worth the time?

STEAM SALE! TEAM PINK!

The original. Riptide is garbage, it doesn't improve almost anything over the original.

dot

Well, I'm on episode 18 of the original series. That may take a long time. It just looks so good! I wish there were more PC games that had this kind of art direction.

Wow, you have about 500 episodes/chapters to go. :D The art direction is definitely beautiful, i agree.

Last time I asked I got told it's very story heavy and not recommended for non-fans. But the cheaper it becomes....

He could just play versus/online.

For those that have played, how is Naruto? The cel shading looks glorious, I'm a sucker for any game that pulls that off and more importantly animates it well. Is the gameplay fun/deep?

The gameplay isnt really deep compared to other fighting Games. And the game isnt balanced at all.

The presentation is great though and if you are a fan (or not like me) it still plays great. Its totally story-driven though.

Trejik

Fun, yes. Deep, no. Long story campaign based on most recent episodes of the show, if you're not a fan value diminishes.

amorbis

Next year's Steam Summer Sale: every time someone on the winning team buys a new game, someone on the other teams loses one.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Last time I asked I got told it's very story heavy and not recommended for non-fans. But the cheaper it becomes....
The story mode is most likely better skipped as the game picks up were the last one left off and covers the last 2 years or so of the manga (which has been running since 1999). PvP is still fun though!

vermadas

Picked up Divinity: Original Sin with Putin discount despite my better judgement. I have a significant backlog and over 30 games on my wishlist. In Durante I trust.

Ferrio

Banned

The campaign of the original one (not sure how much better the updated one on steam is) was really really bad compared to the previous naruto storms. Almost seems like they ran outta time and just strung the actual fights together instead of doing the whole overworld thing with missions and such.

Boss fights weren't as good either.

That said, entertaining game especially if you're a fan of the series.

Trejik

Hey, what does a guy have to do to get his avatar Team Red-ified? Mafalda wants to support the lost cause and is too lazy to open photoshop.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Does Anno 2070 still have terrible drm? Tages I think? I've wanted it for a while but that has always turned me off.

Tenrius

that ussually also means no one's buying them

It's just slower. If you time it right, you might be able to get some decent money before the price goes all the way down. I've been able to do it with quite a few games in the past. The card I just got was sold 4 times in the last 24 hours for $0.7, hopefully the trend keeps up. My understanding is that the game also has a bit of a cult following in Russia, by the way, so people will probably want to craft those badges.

EDIT: The game itself is pretty cool, by the way. It's an RTS about a generational starship travelling through weird-ass worlds and the primary gameplay mechanic is terraforming.

OmegaDL50

28+ sounds very good indeed.

Once you beat the game once vanilla.

You can install Synergies mod and expand the game even further, with new dungeons, new classes, new items, etc.

Torchlight II is a very good dungeon crawler.

I don't want to be like this but Jay Wilson has nothing on the Schaefer Brothers.

Although I wonder if Reaper of Souls and Diablo III's turnaround was entirely because Jay Wilson was not around to impede it. I mean decisions such as the removal of the auction house and increased loot diversity weren't considered until Wilson resigned. I just don't want to make it sound like one mans arrogance was holding an entire game back from progressing into something even better, but deep down I suspect this possibly was the case.

Trejik

is it necessary to play witcher 1 before 2? everyone is saying witcher 2 is good so i am considering buying it

It has a bunch of recap stuff in the beginning to catch you up to speed. Not necessary to play the first. It's criminal not to play that game for 4 bucks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
is it necessary to play witcher 1 before 2? everyone is saying witcher 2 is good so i am considering buying it
No. Witcher 1 is good but Witcher 2 is perfectly playable on its own. If anything, if you only plan to play one of them, play 2, and if you like it, play 1. If you plan to play both from the beginning, play 1 first.

Gamejunky

So it's spend 10 dollars and get one card you also get one card when you first join a team. So in order to get a free game on the first day you have to spend 70 dollars? (That's assuming every subsequent card is unique) Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom