• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I even tried to play, and wrote about it in steam thread!
it was some... experience. Maybe kids would like it, probably, I think so, not sure.

I actually played it after I got gag-gifted it.
It was... okay, I guess.
It has some rhythm-game elements, where you have to hit buttons at the right time, and some management elements where you have to take care of your unicorns and demon steeds.

Anustart

12am Eastern Time needs to hurry up and get here so I can buy some more games!

Edit: Or convince some of my friends to let me use their phones.

Soo, this is how the stealing points and whatnot works? Not sure how I feel about it.

sSdATM9.png

Fools and their money. You could just straight up buy your top 3 wishlist if you willing to spend money on that crap anyway.

Doomedfool

Yeah, I hope Divinity comes back, I foolishly was waiting on my paycheck to come through first. :/

I think the developer said it would not be on sale again during this sale. At least I thought that was what someone posted here at some point. I could also be completely remembering wrong. :/

Strider

Goodluck! One of my favorite games of all time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-C530D03F5F5920F3 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 28 entrants total.

t1403469361z1.png

Elija2

Soo, this is how the stealing points and whatnot works? Not sure how I feel about it.

sSdATM9.png

People are spending so much money, and for what? For the tiny chance that they're one of the 30 out of a million chosen to get 3 games in their wishlist? That would be a $150 value at most? What terrible odds for a terrible reward.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So finally a day that I want things. Total haul:

- Metal Gear Rising
- Noitu Love 2: Devolution
- Wolf Among Us
- Metro 2033
- BattleBlock Theater

Total waste: $32

This is the thing that upsets me with Steam Sales. It reminds me how slow Steam is on my shitty North-East of England connection.

494KB/S :(

SugarDave

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Secret World
Broforce

rest of my Wishlist includes: SW Knights of the Old Republic 2, Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, and Dragon Age Origins.....some of which I'm thinking about getting by the end of the week.

Definitely get Vampire. See if it pops up in the flash or community first but definitely snag it if you can. I remember it didn't get discounted at all in the winter sale so you might end up having to wait before it goes down again if you miss it. Plus it's a fantastic game so there's that.

oti

Banned
So close to pulling the trigger on Wolf, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and Battleblock. I already played three of those games (but on console) but I feel kinda bad not buying them. Steam Sale, you're the fire of Hades!

derbene

Neo Member
Repost for new thread:

header.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840701.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro Last Light -- MB-D920C0ECD0457039 - Taken by Killadji. 72 entrants total.
Metro: Last Light RPK Weapon DLC -- MB-3D00A57A1CCC776F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 2 entrants total.
Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC -- MB-43740B512106BB8A - Taken by squidyj. 6 entrants total.

t1403469311z1.png

People are spending so much money, and for what? For the tiny chance that they're one of the 30 out of a million chosen to get 3 games in their wishlist? That would be a $150 value at most? What terrible odds for a terrible reward.
I've been saying that since day one. It's stupid and a real waste of time and money. Instead they could just buy the games they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom