• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Here's something that I've been meaning to ask/clarify about ModBot giveaways.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).
Does this mean you're blocked if you send a PM with several lines or blocked if you send several PMs with one line each or both?

Lol there's buying old games. Then there's buying really old games like the original Tomb Raider, that needs a bunch of work arounds to get running, has no native controller support, and looks like shit.

OmegaDL50

I liked Borderlands. It's not a great FPS, but it's a very good FPS/loot/iffy comedy-hybrid. Better with friends of course.

I don't like FPS games but enjoyed Borderlands because of it's Diablo-like randomly generated grindy loot mechanics and semi-open world RPG like hybrid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So here's a question. What's on everyone's top 3 in their wishlist? Batman Arkham Origins, Final Fantasy VIII and Shadow Warrior for me.

Divinity Original Sin
, Advanced Warfare and Watch Doges

6XTVRqC.gif

SugarDave

Is Gone Home any good?

It depends what you're expecting from it. If you want a story-driven little adventure that may possibly get a response out of you then go ahead, but it's short so wait for a daily/flash. If you want a "game" (hate to word it like that, but it's just easier) then avoid.

BruteUA

I wonder how people got to add it to their wallets without getting them locked? I just buy games out-right with those so it doesn't happen. And no, you won't regain access.

Because of the lockout when changing payments, I only use Paypal and change my funds source via that. Was able to use the $6 card that way with no problem. If Paypal isn't an option tho, I have no idea.

Poetic

My wish list is..

Dark Souls 2 season pass
Transistor
Child of Light

I'll be adding another game in case the ds2 thing doesn't count.

Doomedfool

If you need a (east coast) co-op buddy, I'd be up for it. Haven't gone far into the game on Singleplayer..(it was lonely). A chill, weekly thing would be cool.

I never know when/if I am going to have time to play something or when I will have to quit, which is why I was wondering about single-player fun. Thanks though.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Still not sure.. lol. I'll hold off for now since I still have almost 2 days to decide to buy anyway.

Shantom

Huh. I thought when crafting a foil badge you were guaranteed to get the rare emoticon and background. It seems that's not the case.

Terra_Ex

Why did you need a response. I log in via new devices all the time and nothing happens to my account? I just cleared the browsing history on my tablet and re-logged in via chrome... everything's status quo for me.

And that still doesn't change the fact that their "support" for lack of a better term is abysmally pathetic and absolutely unacceptable, especially in cases like mine where the fuckup is VALVE's and I'm being punished for no reason.

The new device issue restricts trading for 7 days iirc and despite Valve's page saying otherwise, all my devices had the restriction imposed on them too. No clue what set it off but for no particular reason Steam decided that computer was now a new device (this was a few months back so maybe thier implementation has changed recently). When they did get back to me, it was with one of the stock responses that didn't address the actual content of my message.

And I agree that Valve's support certainly leaves much to be desired.

def sim

Is Gone Home any good?

You explore an empty house and look through all sorts of things within, some of which trigger narration that'll help you learn more about your character's family. It's set in the 90s.

I thought it was cute.

Jeremy

So here's a question. What's on everyone's top 3 in their wishlist? Batman Arkham Origins, Final Fantasy VIII and Shadow Warrior for me.

I have:

The Forest
Gone Home
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Probably will buy the last two before the end of the sale if they don't go any lower.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You gotta have your most expensive wants in your top 3 for the 1 in a million chance you get picked.

Videospel

Wouldn't recommend it if you plan on playing solo. I almost got burned out while playing through it with my brother in LAN, it was quite the chore in the end. Haven't even touched the DLCs after the main game even tho I own the GOTY edition lol

Personally I found it to be a chore after just a couple of hours in. Only played it in two player split screen on the PS3 if that makes any difference. But the game made me sleepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom