• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, thanks everyone. My questions in this thread are going to seem very novice-level because these aren't the sorts of games I play, but they are the sorts of games my girlfriend plays. I just gave her a PC, and as a long time 3DS gamer, she's experiencing PC gaming for the first time.

She loves story-driven games a la Mass Effect and adventure games like Zelda.

Maybe The Testament of Sherlock Holmes? Broken Age? They're not "action" games like Mass Effect or Zelda, but have tons of story.

Extra copy I had lying around.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-63DF59F16036DECF - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 14 entrants total.

t1403558576z1.png

Pand

I've lurked these threads for ages, time to give a little back:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Forced -- MB-8907B910CF165643 - Taken by KevMan1815

t1403568200z1.png

Levyne

Banned
is MGS worth $15 btw? how is the performance?

Yes. The performance is fine assuming that it doesn't have any issues with your display. Some people that were using HDMI to a HDTV had some weird framerate capped at 24 issues. People using monitors had fewer problems (I had none, using DVI).

Resolution is capped at 1080p without modifications, just fyi.

It's a fun game, I think 15 dollars is a good price for it. A little short, but very replayable.

Turfster

If anyone's making a Saint's Row 4 giveaway, please make it 24 hours >_>;
Going to bed soon

To anyone thinking of doing this: Saint's Row IV is pretty well regionlocked in a bazillion different regions, so I'm not sure those would work as well as hoped.

Enco

Battlebricks is a MASTERPIECE.

Most fun I've had in a game in a LONG LONG time.

Came out of nowhere for me. Only found out about it this morning and damn it's good.

GOTY.

stonedwal

Voting for Retro because I want all four of those games, but I don't have high hopes for it winning, even though it totally should because almost everything in the Open World set has been on sale already.

Doing some serious wallet damage this sale, but my first new PC in six years arrives on Thursday and I had budgeted for way more than I spent so zero fucks are being given.

Kadin

I managed to fix this by deleting my CC card that was registered on Steam and then re-entering my CC information. I waited for a bit and then I could use the market again.

I logged out and logged back in and I couldn't use the market again. When I get home I'll try the CC re-enter trick.
I've done this as well and had no luck. I'll just have to suck it up and use the trade thread on the last day to try to get the rest of my summer cards to make a badge before everything ends. I've got about 9 games already in my gift inventory (prior to the Summer sale) that I'm sure will get one or two to trade. We'll see.

Madouu

If you have a couple friends and they like simpler gauntlet like games go for it. It's pretty fun, starts off easy ramps up quickly. My group has a mix of controllers and keyboards and there is no difference there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll see if my group is interested. Also, this thread moves way too fucking fast.

I am asking myself why they didn't produce Bad Rats 2 yet, GAF alone bought probably enough Bat Rarts copies to fiance an AAA Bad Rats.

"Activision presents a new take on the Call of Duty franchise, set in the world of Art Spiegelman's MAUS... Call of Duty: BAD RATS. Follow the intertwining story of four Auschwitz survivors as they embark on a mission of revenge, tracking the evil General Katze from Germany to Argentina"

jonno394

So I've bought fallout 3 goty, new vegas ultimate edition and borderlands 2 goty. hoping for lords of shadows 2 to go on sale and then I'll have bought everything I wanted when I heard this was starting up. It's the things I don't know I want that will take my money!

maneil99

So I've bought fallout 3 goty, new vegas ultimate edition and borderlands 2 goty. hoping for lords of shadows 2 to go on sale and then I'll have bought everything I wanted when I heard this was starting up. It's the things I don't know I want that will take my money!

That's alot of wastelands

Kinda want to buy Borderlands 2 but I'm planning to play it solo do you guys think I should or not ?
It's okay solo, Co Op sorta makes enemies more bullet spongy, for 4.99 why not.

Lkr

Yes. The performance is fine assuming that it doesn't have any issues with your display. Some people that were using HDMI to a HDTV had some weird framerate capped at 24 issues. People using monitors had fewer problems (I had none, using DVI).

Resolution is capped at 1080p without modifications, just fyi.

It's a fun game, I think 15 dollars is a good price for it. A little short, but very replayable.

shit i use hdmi on my monitor and has a similar 24fps bug with crysis.

i finally got the prepaid m&m promo to work. is there a way to use the entire value on steam and then have the rest charged to my actual card?

Tellaerin

"Activision presents a new take on the Call of Duty franchise, set in the world of Art Spiegelman's MAUS... Call of Duty: BAD RATS. Follow the intertwining story of four Auschwitz survivors as they embark on a mission of revenge, tracking the evil General Katze from Germany to Argentina"

...I would play this.

XPAvwtq.png

So skipping all the cut scenes in one playthrough of Marlow Briggs is TWICE as rare as finding all the collectibles... wha?

Those must be some glorious cut scenes.

Levyne

Banned

LoS 2 was a flash sale but only -25% I think ($44.99).

didamangi

Please Aarklash, I need that 75% off and I'm done with this sale.

Yeah, MGR have some weird issues with HDMI connection, for me the fps is capped at 50, but there's a fix that I found on steam community somewhere that works.

Oh, and Dario ff create a patch for resolution over 1080p as well.

Enco

The more ridicilous the scores get, the less I believe that Valve don't have their paws in the game.

I thought that too but Valve would surely make the scores closer so they get more money.

And I also thought it was Reddit but surely they aren't that powerful.

Who knows. Either way, I can say with 100% certainty that this is not a normal competition.

Chojka

Good luck! (Hope I didn't mess anything up, I accidentally clicked a link)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chojka:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider -- MB-D3633AE131013C44 - Taken by oti xero. 18 entrants total.
Rogue Legacy -- MB-DCDF904C28F16729 - Taken by Kifimbo. 16 entrants total.
Can't stop laughing bundle -- MB-0F74F6864F918F71 - Taken by intheinbetween. 10 entrants total.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-829FCBF7CF966C04 - Taken by xninjav. 8 entrants total.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-99386D9B72926E34 - Taken by pahamrick. 65 entrants total.

t1403559066z1.png

Tempted to pick up saints row 4. Not sure if I want to support a censored game of though(Australia). From memory not a lot is different but still, don't enjoy being told what I can't see at 24 years old still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom