• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scroll down on the store page.
9IeQa.jpg
I see, couple weapons, some art and soundtrack, thanks.

meanspartan

Sales haven't had the same bang for a while outside of price glitches
Bioshock Infinite Season pass $5 <3
. Still some good deals though, but I never am shocked like when they first started.

I have a friend who just built a PC a few months back and is buying up so many things this sale, he LOVES it. I think the first couple sales you experience are always best. After a few sales though, they seem less good than they used to be simply because you already have so much of what you want.

For instance, by day 5 of my first sale I had probably bought over 10 games. By day 5 now, only 2: Metal Gear Rising and now Blacklist. Both new-ish games. So many other good deals, like Witcher 2 for $4 or New Vegas Ultimate for under $7 seem "boring" to me simply because I already own them.

Basically, pretend your Steam library was empty, and THEN tell me the sales blow lol.

Blue-kun

Man, we had Darksiders just the other day and now it's back as a Daily. Meanwhile I'm still sorely out of luck with Civ V showing up after the 4X loss.

Tough luck for me, it'd seem!

gorfyako

Banned
Splinter Cell: Blacklist on sale, but none of the other Splinter Cell games. Goddammit.

And if I have never played Myst before, should I purchase the ones on Steam? It looks like the original isn't on Steam -- I mean, I see remakes of the original, but not the original original. And it doesn't look like they're too compatible with Windows 7 either.

StAidan

I voted for Broken Age, and wow those rule changes. Valve must've been unhappy with the team race... oddities over the past several days.

Swhalen

Is there some reason why I absolutely cannot place buy orders on the steam marketplace? I'd like to make a badge for Green team but I need two more.

Zia

Game of the Year Nidhogg is a must buy.

Also, blech @ Chaos Theory still at $5.99 despite the sale on New Shitty SC. I hate Ubi.

Whools

Splinter Cell: Blacklist on sale, but none of the other Splinter Cell games. Goddammit.

And if I have never played Myst before, should I purchase the ones on Steam? It looks like the original isn't on Steam -- I mean, I see remakes of the original, but not the original original. And it doesn't look like they're too compatible with Windows 7 either.

the old realmyst works in compatibility (XP SP3 IIRC) mode well enough, dont know about myst masterpiece though

Age of Wonders 3: how does it compare in complexity to Warlock: The Exiled? It looks really tempting, but i've already got Warlock and Civ on the "easier" side, and CK2 and EUIV on the "ultra-hardcore" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom