• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Phew! This is getting rough.

Blacklist seems very tempting and I've seen some neat screenshots from the PC version, but I'm not sure about Uplay. Shadow Warrior seems good too, the artsyle seems to have some things that may suit my style. Both will cost me 13€ seems a no-brainer.
Because it is! I know

natertots

Welp I finally caved. I had 25 bucks in my wallet for the sale and I was going to spend it wisely. Went to the store today and there they were, staring at me in the face. Steam wallet cards. Since I'm off for the summer and still getting paid I'm going to need something to do. I just added 120$ to my account. Time to stock up on summer games.

Turfster

Space hulk was pricing mistake? I added it to cart and it reverted to 14€ price (._.)

Space Hulk is now 15% off and 20€ standalone.
The Ultimate pack is on flash sale at 66% off.

Way to get people to not give you money for your shitty broken bad tabletop conversion, I guess.
So yeah, current humble bundle has it for 6$ together with a lot of other games, if you really really want it.

Chariot

You need to factor in the average price of summer cards, if not that whole point comparison shows nothing worth analyzing or useful to make predictions.
Good point, definitly an interesting aspect. I will look into it. Luckily steam has the price for the last days stored.

Terra_Ex

Question about the $2 Blackwell Bundle: I notice the final game is not in it and is being sold separately for $8. Do you need the $8 game to get the full story, or are they all individual stories? I'd hate to get through the first four Blackwells
(LOL at the idea that I'll actually go through my backlog like that)
, only to be left with a cliffhanger.
Individual stories with an overarching narrative that is concluded by the final game, Epiphany (you'll be playing as the same characters for each game). They are each technically standalone and are great games individually but yeah, you'll probably want to pick up the final game too.

Soroc

So can all the Valve conspiracy theorists that thought valve rigged the contest throw out their tin foil hats now?

This only further proves the power of Reddit.

Glad Valve made the change and made the race more interesting again!

L.O.R.D

guys , vote on FUN

BWeP2Xh.jpg

every one should play world of goo

Arthea

Space Hulk is now 15% off and 20€ standalone.
The Ultimate pack is on flash sale at 66% off.

Way to get people to not give you money for your shitty broken bad tabletop conversion, I guess.
So yeah, current humble bundle has it for 6$ together with a lot of other games, if you really really want it.

*cries bitter tears*
OK... I'll buy that bundle, be your way

3phemeral

New-hour repost:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-63A1C6F9E1EF9E95
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm -- MB-9BC7852D1D9C0F50
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-4983C366B44B1C7A

t1403678767z1.png

Go, go Purple!

ib1Qmf9MqdJJEa.gif

Wasn't Antitrop holding out for 7.49 Splinter Cell Blacklist? Happy Birthday. :p

Yeah, I'm eating a bit of crow on this one -- I was positive there was no way that Blacklist would go lower since it was 66% off mere days before the sale. Kudos to those that saved an extra $2.50.

Valve balanced it out. Now 3 teams win games.

What?

Nidhogg, Blackguards and AoW3 might be mine soon. Also the right pack won the vote.

I liked what I've played of Blackguards and would recommend it to people who want an RPG like that. Beware that there's no real overworld exploration (I like this approach, it's streamlined and let's you focus on the dungeons/story/combat.)

Brothers is great, I highly recommend it

Brothers is the only other game I currently dislike as much as Strider. In a way, more so, because everyone praises it and it's simply not good as far as I'm concerned. The only real enjoyment I've gotten out of the game is seeing the screens Grief decided to capture.

Broken Age or Rayman?

This is a hard vote.

I voted Rayman because I know people want that. :shrug:

No RE4 or fighting games.... and i don't think i won 3 games.

hercules-disappointed-o.gif

I don't think I did either. How do we know?
I randomly had 3 new inventory items... but my inventory page wouldn't tell me what they were -- I didn't see any gifts or anything though. :p

Skytylz

Banned
You guys should pick up Brothers. It's one of the best games I've played in years and well worth it for the price. I payed full and was very happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom