• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

You know, they should really change the rules to include people who bought games.

Someone could spend thousands of dollars, sell all their cards, and not be entitled to anything. How is that fair?

I agree completely. Even if it was something like 1 point for every $5-10 spent.

iosefe

Sounds like you installed SCP from here. That's probably why DS4Tool isn't working for you. I think you can use SCP to uninstall the drivers if you'd like.
shows a wireless contorller on devices and printers, but when i click properties, there's nothing.

tried to uninstall then reinstall:

Code:
INFO    - ENTER:  DriverPackageInstallW
ERROR   - Could not open file C:\Windows\system32\System\ScpVBus.inf.
INFO    - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0x3)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --

oh no... Splinter Cell Blacklist is £5.00 for the 'Upper Echelon Edition' on Uplay but £4.99 for the regular edition on Steam.... which do I get?

tav7623

Hey guys, thought I'd do a little PSA (just in case) to let y'all know that the Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition & Shadow Warrior Classic Redux bundle has been included in today's 1pm flash sale (which is due to end in 6 1/2 hrs) and is marked down to $2.24.

Turfster

So, Amazon had Saints Row IV for $9.99 but then apparently there was a $5 promo tied to my account for buying a THQ download title previously. Y'all might want to looking into that.

Is the game good?

Saints Row 2+ are great and crap on GTA from a great height.
They're actually fun.

oh no... Splinter Cell Blacklist is £5.00 for the 'Upper Echelon Edition' on Uplay but £4.99 for the regular edition on Steam.... which do I get?
Uplay version updates through... *shiver* the Uplay client in 50 different updates, Steam version is always kept up to date by Steam, iirc.

Ibuki

Banned
Hey guys, thought I'd do a little PSA (just in case) to let y'all know that the Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition & Shadow Warrior Classic Redux bundle has been included in today's 1pm flash sale (which is due to end in 6 1/2 hrs) and is marked down to $2.24.

I tried the same thing earlier, got buried under whatever the fuck is going on in this thread.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting Duke Nukem Megaton Edition. It is currently 2.24 in a bundle with the original Shadow Warrior. The game by itself is still 4.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18620/

Vuze

So, Amazon had Saints Row IV for $9.99 but then apparently there was a $5 promo tied to my account for buying a THQ download title previously. Y'all might want to looking into that.

Is the game good?

Yes! I was a little disappointed seeing it as a new main entry in the series (the whole space alien thing was planned as DLC for SR3) but it was great nonetheless.

The_Monk

Blackwell and Syberia bundles bought. Should get me through some rainy autumn weekends.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes plays according to certain seasons/weather conditions! Feels good. :)

I only have one Syberia and one Blackwell game and I haven't start either. Need to fix this soon...

Anyone else that bought New Vegas getting this when trying to download? I can download any other game from my library it seems. I can't figure it out.

20a1874fc1.png

I have a friend who just built a PC a few months back and is buying up so many things this sale, he LOVES it. I think the first couple sales you experience are always best. After a few sales though, they seem less good than they used to be simply because you already have so much of what you want.

For instance, by day 5 of my first sale I had probably bought over 10 games. By day 5 now, only 2: Metal Gear Rising and now Blacklist. Both new-ish games. So many other good deals, like Witcher 2 for $4 or New Vegas Ultimate for under $7 seem "boring" to me simply because I already own them.

Basically, pretend your Steam library was empty, and THEN tell me the sales blow lol.

Yeah, you're totally right. Bit of a lack of perspective on my part considering I have 520 games. In my head the deals seem crazier the first few sales, but when I think about it I have no real evidence :p

Lain

Lego movie is fun but fairly short compared to other games (certainly compared to lego marvel). It tracks the movie pretty closely though, so if you liked the movie you'll love the game. Watch the movie first though, it's quite spoilery

I haven't watched the Lego Movie, and won't for a while I think. I'm guessing that would make Hobbit the better choice for me.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Someone earlier in here said Fallout 3 has Steamworks? Just checked but it's still GFWL so I guess that was false?
New Vegas is Steamworks, i'm afraid 3 still has GFWL.

hohoXD123

Is Kentucky Route Zero region locked? Tried to use regionlocks.com but it seems to be down. If not, don't suppose there are any Russian gaffers here who can help me get it?

Hugstable

Banned
So happy Niddhogg went on sale today. Picked up a 2 pack for both me and my brother. That initial video I saw of the game awhile ago was hype.

rtcn63

If anyone needs a forth to play Torchlight II, I'm in. I haven't played the game in awhile, but I'm burnt out enough to where I'll just follow everyone around aimlessly and like, not try to do things to fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom