• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

i'm assuming a previous install of another tool is interfering, because it shows up as a 360 controller. how do i go about doing a full scrub?

Sounds like you installed SCP from here. That's probably why DS4Tool isn't working for you. I think you can use SCP to uninstall the drivers if you'd like.

Ok, what the FUCK just happened?

I craft the summer badge, I see a window popping up saying I now have a guest pass for a game, but the image of the game doesn't load, and as I click on "manage my guest passes" in that window I get to my inventory but nothing is there?

So did I get a guest pass or not?

No, it's a bug, I keep getting it myself too.

Lain

Decided I'm going to skip Blacklist. I can wait for it to become cheaper in the future. Metro LL Complete instead is up in the choice between Lego Hobbit and Lego Movie. I loved The Hobbit book but there is something in Lego The Movie that beckons me and I can't decide.

DukeBobby

Never played any of the Metro games but I'm thinking about picking up Last Light along with the Season Pass. It looks like overall it has more positive reviews and even the negative reviews don't seem to be too bad.

What's SteamGAF's opinion on the game along with the dlc for $9.28?

One of the better FPS's to come along in the last couple of years. Fantastic graphics, atmospheric as fuck, solid gunplay, fun (but easy) stealth.

The DLC isn't very good, though. Some of it is good, but it's mostly crap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
5dkNhwv.png

He called me dear! ・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・

I did not fucking sign best ever lol

maybe I should tho. Go full on CM Punk on your asses. Best in the world baby!
then ill quit steamgaf and go watch hockey games one day

Anony

looking for 3 other ppl to split the displayfusion 4 pack
comes to around 7 usd per person

i'm waiting for the dailies/flash/community, but it probably wont be lower than this i guess
want to gather a group now, so we can be ready to buy it

Toki767

It is great, feels smooth and I barely have to move my wrist to navigate web pages etc. My mouse click just stopped working a few days ago, might have been because I dropped it. Before that it was flawless for everyday and gaming use!

Good enough for me. I had a $25 Reward Zone coupon anyway so this thing will be $49 after tax. Basically buying a $50 Steam Wallet card and getting a free mouse with it.

The_Monk

He called me dear!

I bet it's one of the first options, so don't feel so special Ok? Pfft... Look at him, silly Copons, trying to make others feels less special. I bet that's just the fastest option.

Rhaknar does not call "dear" to those that hit cats on purpose!

:p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Decided I'm going to skip Blacklist. I can wait for it to become cheaper in the future. Metro LL Complete instead is up in the choice between Lego Hobbit and Lego Movie. I loved The Hobbit book but there is something in Lego The Movie that beckons me and I can't decide.

i would bite on 75% Blackguards myself but not like this... not like this

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

aScaris

What do you guys think of splinter cell blacklist? I played and loved the first three, but skipped double agent and conviction. Could I jump right back in without being completely lost?

Copons

I did not fucking sign best ever lol

maybe I should tho. Go full on CM Punk on your asses. Best in the world baby!
then ill quit steamgaf and go watch hockey games one day

If you prefer I can always post here the original pic with your email address in plain sight. :D

If you sign up for SHIFT, you can get tons of golden key codes

orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Here are codes for more golden keys.
I think thats a major problem of Borderlands 2. The weapons you usually find are totally bad compared to the ones you get with the keys. I had to play the games and get new weapons with keys almost every 7-8 levels, since the weapons I found were total trash.

Appreciated guys. I just signed up!

Ibuki

Banned
Good enough for me. I had a $25 Reward Zone coupon anyway so this thing will be $49 after tax. Basically buying a $50 Steam Wallet card and getting a free mouse with it.

I didn't have any certs. But 75~ dollars for a Mouse and 50$ wallet card shipped to my house is pretty awesome. Especially when the mouse is one I know I like. :p

Enco

It's enough to make people go batshit crazy and start spending lots of money.
Well played, Valve.
Yup.

Valve have this whole making money thing sorted. It's really impressive.

I'm always cynical with them. They've earned that though.

I honestly would prefer everyone getting a chance to win an smaller indie game. instead of a minuscule amount of people getting some games (often bigger budget) off of their wishlist. Indie devs would probably be ok with working something out with Valve.
It's still a minuscule amount of people.

There's literally no reason to participate if you're hoping to win.

From the Official Rules:
Alternate Entry: To manually enter the Sweepstakes, each eligible entrant must print his or her name, address, city, state, country, postal code, email address, Steam account name, and telephone number, as well as the day of the sale that the entry is for, on a self-addressed 4”x6” note card and mail the completed form to: Valve Corporation, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98009-1688. Note cards mailed in envelopes will not be accepted prior to June 19, 2014. Note cards mailed in envelopes and postmarked between June 19 and June 29, 2014 will be accepted. No e-mailed or faxed alternate entries are eligible. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entries will be void. Alternate entries received after July 1, 2014 will not be eligible for any Sweepstakes. Each user may submit one alternative entry per the day from June 19 to June 28; each day’s entry must be postmarked on that day. Proof of sending or submitting an alternate entry is not proof of receipt of such alternate entry.

Wut?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Lego movie is fun but fairly short compared to other games (certainly compared to lego marvel). It tracks the movie pretty closely though, so if you liked the movie you'll love the game. Watch the movie first though, it's quite spoilery

I'm skipping Blacklist because I'm pretty sure it's a Uplay game, and I'm not really cool with that.

Damn, played Epic Battle Fantasy 4 for 6 hours straight. Such a good game and my best purchase this Summer Sale. So much better then the AAA titles. ;-)

Does anyone know what the deal is with running multiple games at once or badges? Is it possible to open multiple games at the same time or do I have to run them one by one?
Does any of this affect the chances of cards dropping or the rate at which they drop?

I mean, I know that it can be done, at least I was just running Cthulu Saves the World and Dungeons of Dreadmore and after like 20 minutes I saw two cards in my inventory, but is there any penalty for doing so?

Thanks to whomever can explain this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom