• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
RPG Maker competition you say?

I'll just leave this here.

tracksflash.gif

AfhU6sZ.gif

Truly the next Amnesia waiting to happen.

3spooky5me.
:p

nbthedude

Can someone answer me this about Nidhogg:

I know it's only 2 players at a time online but can you have a group competition and the other members watch? Like 4 player or 6 player online tournament?

Yakkue

Ah dammit :( Should have just bought it on steam.

Right then, who wants a US copy of Saints Row IV?

You can use an american VPN to add your game to Steam though.
(to be clear: you'd only need a vpn to activate the key, then you should be able to play on your local ip address without issues)

Vuze

But, seriously, how's Brothers? I've heard it's the best thing ever, but I'm like "sure, if you say so".

It's great. I really liked the visuals, story was pretty well done and emotional, the puzzling was fine and the simultaneous control of two characters was a fresh experience for me.

hohoXD123

But, seriously, how's Brothers? I've heard it's the best thing ever, but I'm like "sure, if you say so".

Great visuals, and the characters/story is done well. Controls are terrible though and the puzzles are pretty basic. It's short as well, can easily be finished in one sitting, that bothers some people more than others I guess. Overall though it is very good and I would highly recommend it, definitely worth it at this price imo.

masterkajo

You can use an american VPN to add your game to Steam though.
(to be clear: you'd only need a vpn to activate the key, then you should be able to play on your local ip address without issues)

I can conform that. I bought SRIV from amazon.com during the winter sale and used a VPN to activate it. Works perfectly even playing online with a friend. No sight of ban or risk to my steam account in any way or form.

Copons

Any thoughts on One Finger Death Punch?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264200

looks pretty cool but interested moreso in the controls.

Amazing game, a potential drug (33 hours here, and I've yet to complete the campaign at hardest difficutly).

Controls are super simple, actually: the guy is fixed in the center of the screen, and enemies come from left and right.
As soon as they enter in your range, you click the mouse left button to attack the the lefty enemy, and the right button for the righty one. (or, if you have a controller, X and B).
Mostly, enemies just need a single attack to be defeated.
That's it.

Some enemies could require a combo (meaning like that you attack them on the left but they dodge toward right, and then you have to attack them on the right); there are weapons that increase your range; skills that modify various stuff and whatnot.

It's main feature is the ever increasing speed, that eventually requires ninja reflexes.
Luckily, if you lose a level, the game throttles down the speed allowing you to actually beat the game no matter what.
If you win with platinum medal and perfect, tho, the game greatly increase the speed for the next level.

Main campaign is very long, and has 3 difficulty levels, but there are also 3 survival modes, one better than the other.

Have I already said that is a great game?

Chariot

Repost for new page. Grab it, this game is approved by dark_inferno.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-751D91655AC346C9 - Taken by Ventara. 23 entrants total.

t1403636219z1.png

Also to anyone who likes puzzle/exploration games, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Real MYST (disclaimer, I haven't played the Real version but MYST was amazing).

louiedog

Thank you sir

d8Xz5wv.png

Never had anybody actually gift me anything through Steam, when I won a couple of games from Modbot it was just the key which you redeem. Actually getting that "someone has gifted you something" felt pretty awesome.

I love Neogaf

Speevy gifted me a copy of Brothers. There's some serious generosity taking place.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
For a little more get cyan pack

to be correct, RealMyst Masterpiece is the one on sale.... RealMyst (included in the Cyan pack) is NOT the same game.

RealMyst Masterpiece is the modern (slightly buggy) one. Not sure if they patched it.
RealMyst (no subtitle) is the older one without the updated (but still real time) graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom