• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Resident Evil 5 is being ignored by Capcom, not cool. I wanted to replay this game with pretty setting on Normal/Easy just for fun.

Yet Shadow Warrior keeps looking at me.

ZeroCDR

Still reeling from that Double Dragon failure yesterday, and I'm locked out of the market for using the M&M card -_-

I should have just put it towards amazon lol

Copons

So thats what you were doing earlier :)

I like it

AfhU6sZ.gif

Truly the next Amnesia waiting to happen.

3spooky5me.
:p

Fantastic.

Yo thank you all! :)

That's actually a, uh... tech demo... made in photoshop (but should be super easy to reproduce on RPG Maker), with random assets just to see the effect.

I didn't want to show anything because my game relies to some surprise jokes, but I believe this gif was too hilarious to keep it rotting on my Dropbox. :D

Reminds me of that scene in the new Godzilla.:D

SHHHHHHHH!!! :p

THIS LOOKS SHOPPED

or maybe it was mine? I dunno, who cares, loved the bite, would see again. :D

Double

Kinda related since I was planning to do a little giveaway myself with a game out of a humble bundle:

Did they RETROACTIVELY make it so that you redeem any key you haven't yet claimed to your account automatically when you click it? Even if it wasn't like that when you bought the specific bundle and your key still shows up after you click the button.

Tried to gift my remaining FTL copy to a friend today to only to have him tell me it's already been redeemed. Which took my by quite the surprise.

I'm kinda pisses if my spare keys are all lost now, just waiting to get sucked into my account where they meet their clone twins and just disappear... :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Inspite of popular belief not all indie games end in bundles.
And some people do play the games they buy as soon as they get them. I think they are crazy, but some truly do.

So yeah, I see no problem with a game appearing in a bundle, as long as I'm comfortable with what I paid for it in the first place. Though if it happens one or two days after, I may be a little pissed off, but the same can happen with sales.

Tellaerin

You really don't need Fallout 3 then.

Hey. Hey now. I know hating on Fallout 3 is the cool thing to do, but the game's pretty amazing. Depending on what kind of an experience a person's looking for, they may well enjoy it more than NV. That's especially true if they're coming into it without preconceived, deeply-entrenched notions of what Fallout "should" or "is supposed to" be (hi, NMA! :p)

Ok I went and bought the whole Cyan pack, too. I can't believe it, stupid steam sale. I'm currently at work, and spending money faster than I'm making it.

Ventara

Repost for new page. Grab it, this game is approved by dark_inferno.

23 entrants and I came out on top? V for VICTORY!

Thanks a lot Chariot! Your generosity is much appreciated! As such, I'll move you to my "Good List" for when I take over the world.

Turfster

ßthePenguin;118052219 said:
Kinda related since I was planning to do a little giveaway myself with a game out of a humble bundle:

Did they RETROACTIVELY make it so that you redeem any key you haven't yet claimed to your account automatically when you click it? Even if it wasn't like that when you bought the specific bundle and your key still shows up after you click the button.

Tried to gift my remaining FTL copy to a friend today to only to have him tell me it's already been redeemed. Which took my by quite the surprise.

I'm kinda pisses if my spare keys are all lost now, just waiting to get sucked into my account where they meet their clone twins and just disappear... :(
Keys are not automatically redeemed.
If they are classic keys where you have to click to uncover them, you can still copypaste the steam key.
If they are new keys since they introduced account linking, you click the gift icon after the bar and it'll generate a "copy this link" message, which you can then give to people to gift the game.

nexen

You can't be serious. Fallout 3 is an amazing game. NV shits on it in every way imaginable.

NV is but a pale shadow of the glory that is F3.

I think people like Fallout 3 more because the map is bigger.

FV has more quality but less quantity.

FNV's map bored me to tears.

They're both great games! ">>>," really? I can certainly see why someone would like F3 over F:NV, but it's not that clear cut.

hmm, you are right. I revise my previous statement.

Fallout 3 >> Fallout New Vegas.

Oh and thanks Arthea for Eador!!

Ibuki

Banned
The people saying Fallout 3 is far better. Explain, elaborate. Why do you think so? You enjoy lack of factions, worse writing, black and white choices, etc?

Arthea

And some people do play the games they buy as soon as they get them. I think they are crazy, but some truly do.

So yeah, I see no problem with a game appearing in a bundle, as long as I'm comfortable with what I paid for it in the first place. Though if it happens one or two days after, I may be a little pissed off, but the same can happen with sales.

I agree with you totally this time, if I like a game I won't be mad that it got bundled later, I may get mad at myself that I bought it and haven't played it until it got bundled, but not on a game itself (><)

Saints-Row-4-Gets-Impressive-Cover-Artwork.jpg
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- GAME IS REGION LOCKED TO THE US STORE
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saints Row IV -- MB-FAF76A7A7AA7A8EE - Taken by Kirosia

CassSept

I swear I'm cursed. I asked for Revengeance and the daily deal 5 minutes later was Revengeance. I said I'm not going to buy anything else this sale except for Brothers and lo and behold, next daily deal is Brothers. Well, more backlog more fun.

Steam Summer Sale healed my wounds. Click here to find out how.

REFEREES HATE HIM

Colby

Other than Salsa not liking the name, has anyone had any experience with NEStalgia? What's your take?
I've put in so many hours...it's great if you are an 8-bit RPG fan. The community is small, but you can usually find party members to play with. A lot of older NEStalgia players are waiting for the next big update to come to come back, and the community will be much larger then. I think you can try it for free.

Speevy

Banned
When I first opened my Steam account in 2011, I quickly built my library to over 20 with just a couple of indie bundles and some generous friends.

When I bought my PS3, Liquidmetal14 let me share his account and I quickly gained access to dozens of games.

In 2002, Garp at Teamxbox bought me an Xbox plus 6 games.

I have always been the recipient of generous folks, and I think that spreading gaming beyond our own homes is something everyone should do if they can.

It's for the greater good.

The greater good.

Turfster

I swear I'm cursed. I asked for Revengeance and the daily deal 5 minutes later was Revengeance. I said I'm not going to buy anything else this sale except for Brothers and lo and behold, next daily deal is Brothers. Well, more backlog more fun.

Can you ask for a discount on SiN:Emergence? Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom