• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp12304

Banned
what are some useful mods for that game? i'm sure i'll enjoy it just as much as i did Fallout 3 without mods but i have a pretty beast PC now and want to venture in that world. graphics mods? etc?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/?

There are so many mods. I usually look at the top endorsed files list and pick the ones that I like. UI mods, radio/song additions, extra missions, etc. You maybe want to skip the major overhaul mods for a second playthrough but I haven't played them so who knows?

ytoqww.png

stun-smile.gif
Why would you do that?

W1SSY

Really hoping Broken Age wins the vote. It has been the only thing I have wanted so far from the community vote stuff. Because of this I just assume it is going to lose.

Dambrosi

Banned
is Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION a good shump to pick up? any thoughts guys?
Oh, my friend, you've come to the right place.

If you have any sense you've bought it already, before I even thought up this post. If you still haven't, here's my review on Steam:

Oh My God it's full of stars

*baby floating in space to epic music*

The original doujin release of Crimzon Clover, which came out in Japan only in 2010, was nutso enough, with explosions and lasers galore, a shop where you had to buy continues, levels and even new ship types with in-game currency, and a punishing difficulty that set it apart from the other "bullet hell" shmups out there. WORLD IGNITION, a port of the later arcade release on NESICA coin-ops (again, only in Japan) takes that insanity and cranks it up to twelve - no, twenty.

Now, you don't need me to tell you how to play a top-down shmup, it's like sucking eggs, everyone already knows how it's done. What's different about CC is the Lock-On weapon radar, which locks on to any enemies within its radius and showers them with homing lasers/rockets/sniper bullets of Death (depending on the ship you're using) and the Break System, which amounts to filling a bar at the top of the screen by shooting down enemies. When it's full you can press a button to instantly power up all your ship's weapons for a few seconds, and the display of wanton laser-green devastation is nothing but impressive. But wait - fill the bar again while in Break Mode, and you can press the button again for (wait for it) Double Break Mode, which is like holding a lit match to Magnesium - the brightest lightshow seen in shmup history. It's also good for your score multiplier, too, which helps.

It's a pity that the original game's Shop mechanic never made it back in - it was one of the most original things about the game, and made it a meaty single-player experience, but this seems to be a faithful port of the arcade release, which obviously didn't have the shop, so I can see why it wasn't included. Ah well, the meat of the game is here, and oh so much more, so rest assured that you're getting your paltry entrance fee's worth and more. Better than Jamestown? Yeah, by miles. Better than Ikaruga, though?...I'll have to get back to you on that.

If that doesn't convince you, take another look at the store page you have linked. Now, imagine that running on your monitor, in full-on Tate mode, with a driving techno soundtrack pounding mercilessly in your ears as the blazing technicolour mass of pixellated lazer-death assaults your eyes and fries your neurons, assimilating your very thoughts to its arcade-twitch reflex demands, and eventually consuming your very soul with its DOUBLE BREAK MODE vortex of eldritch Lovecraftian insanity. Before you know it, you are a mere slave to the machine, hopelessly and helplessly trying again and again to relive the ecstatic fever of achieving that elusive high score. Not since Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ has gamerkind seen its like, and they stand together, proud and overwhelming, as Gods in the fallow wastes of fallen Steamhalla.

So yeah, it's quite good. Check it out. I'm hoping for an Astebreed deal myself.

Here's my I just got off work happy post, enjoy everyone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Beatofficer:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-4C86664CCC9BEDA5 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Splinter Cell Blacklist -- MB-53D4142897A77AEA - Taken by bakeray
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-4425355BD5E36988 - Taken by Evo X
Rogue Legacy -- MB-88CC40F64839A744 - Taken by jholmes
Space Hulk -- MB-5F1195D5B5ED367F
Darksiders II -- MB-0DA83936FA37286F - Taken by DJSebolski
Brothers A Tale of Two sons -- MB-B52E48097CA82877 - Taken by waby

t1403654182z1.png

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Another Blackwell giveaway because I really want people to play these games.
Here's hoping; was just about to pull the trigger on that. Welp, I Have No Mouth if I win this :>

So I got Arma II + Operation Arrowhead.

I can now play Day Z on it, correct?

Do people still play it on Arma II or is it pretty much dead since Day Z came out on its own?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

If you have any sense you've bought it already, before I even thought up this post. If you still haven't, here's my review on Steam:

If that doesn't convince you, take another look at the store page you have linked. Now, imagine that running on your monitor, in full-on Tate mode, with a driving techno soundtrack pounding mercilessly in your ears as the blazing technicolour mass of pixellated lazer-death assaults your eyes and fries your neurons, assimilating your very thoughts to its arcade-twitch reflex demands, and eventually consuming your very soul with its DOUBLE BREAK MODE vortex of eldritch Lovecraftian insanity. Before you know it, you are a mere slave to the machine, hopelessly and helplessly trying again and again to relive the ecstatic fever of achieving that elusive high score. Not since Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ has gamerkind seen its like, and they stand together, proud and overwhelming, as Gods in the fallow wastes of fallen Steamhalla.

So yeah, it's quite good. Check it out. I'm hoping for an Astebreed deal myself.

This man speaks the truth!

After all this generosity I have to pay it forward.

(It's not Bad Rats I promise)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-DDAABB76EAD9E81E - Taken by gorfyako. 67 entrants total.

t1403644465z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ghosts was already worth the money just for the reaction gifs

I+CAN+T+HEAR+YOU.+I+DEMAND+COLBERT+PICTURES+LA+LA+_dea2a80a9a0089cd1115f36c207d1f41.gif

KaiserBecks

Everyone remotely interested in (tactical) multiplayer shooters should really give Insurgency a try. It's still a daily deal for another 20 hours.
The game feels a lot like Red Orchestra (it's actually made by one of the guys behind the original mod), but on a slightly smaller scale. No gimmicks and perks, no unlocks. It's great fun and I regret I didn't buy it sooner.

Razorskin

----- ------
Good luck

headergvjy4.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Razorskin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Metro Last Light Complete -- MB-67227AD439C2F0F4

t1403654434z1.png

Hayvic

I bought Brothers after remembering the rave reviews it received. I was pleasantly surprised that it was coop. Spent more than an hour playing with my GF. Wonderful wonderful game already. And such a ridiculous price. Highly recommended.

scurker

First giveaway, just because.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-DF468A92A1226F14 - Taken by Clown_im_OP. 3 entrants total.

t1403644587z1.png

Toshin

I caved. I did also read your review and felt the passion in your words :) on to the next purchase/sale I guess now....but this thread is crazy fast lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom