• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
NV and FO3 are about as different as two games can be when they share the same game engine and same base game mechanics.

I like to think that NV is an RPG with some shooting, whereas FO 3 is a shooter with some RPG. NV has wonderful quest design, characters, dialog, story, and a unique reputation system that leads to a highly replayable, branching end-game. There is a lot of hand crafted content such that finding a shack out in the wilds is more fun than it is in FO 3. That content is also interconnected smartly, further improving the overall story. The vaults are highlights, really good stuff there. The SPECIAL stat/skill system is better implemented in NV as well, leading to characters that feel more differentiated than in FO3.

You just sold one copy :)

1st place team
30 team members who scored points will win 3 games
2nd place team
20 team members who scored points will win 2 games
3rd place team
10 team members who scored points will win 1 game

Did Reddit have an effect during the first week? yes
Do they now that the terms changed? shit no

end of story.

nbthedude

Posting this one more time because the previous trade fell through:

Have: Steam gift for Dishonored Game of the Year Edition (includes all DLC)

Want: Shadow Warrior

Eusis

Steam changes the terms.

Top 3 teams win games, instead of top team.
I still can't help but wonder if it was rigged some, but maybe I'm underestimating the influence of Reddit (and it DID kind of snowball) which would be kind of terrifying. But yeah, I can see this firing up everyone else to create some REAL competition, and perhaps the whole reason Reddit had that influence was a sort of defeatist attitude to even trying, and once there was reason to try anyone people got fired up.

KiraFA37

more like 7 am here

iefyfwIvIvCYi.gif

Ive only spent five dollars for far and that was on five copies of Marlow Briggs. I thought Steam sales were supposed to be a big deal

My first 3 Steam sales where a slaughterfest. Now not so much maybe a game or three. After a while you just own all games that you want and can't be bothered to buy games unless they are cheap or you want them. Unless you are JaseC, then you wish to collect them all.

Amzin

Ugh. Stupid M&M money. $6 is not worth not being able to buy/sell cards for a freaking week :( if I email Steam support is there any chance they'd remove the restriction sooner?

Shadownet

Banned
Good luck everyone :) it's time I give back to the community.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

header_586x192.jpg

Blackwell Bundle -- MB-93CA3F7E055DBF5D - Taken by kcp12304. 11 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle -- MB-01418EFDC1021C90 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 9 entrants total.

t1403646975z1.png

TsuXna

Enjoy.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Hulk -- MB-0450CD3FE41C398B - Taken by gaiadyne. 21 entrants total.

t1403657126z1.png

Steam sales have lost their thunder, in my eyes.. I went crazy over the last few, but now I feel like I have everything I want... and... I still haven't played most of them.

I did pick up some games though.

Pacman Championship All You can Eat
Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures
PixelJunk Shooter

Outlast

Nidhogg
Tale of Two Brothers

Okay, that's even more than I realized.
No respect to the wallet.

Enco

Thanks for the Indigo Prophecy replies.

Pros: It's cheap and starts off well form what I gather
Cons: It'll go to my backlog and the ending sucks

I think I'll give it a miss. Sure the price is really low but the chances that I'll end up completing it are slim so might as well save it for another game.

Santiako

Giving a bit back to the community, these are amazing games, everyone should play them:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Santiako:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-B79559A7485588D6 - Taken by Onionkid. 11 entrants total.
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-0A427E1095992A47 - Taken by Clown_im_OP. 13 entrants total.

t1403647275z1.png

Mokoi

Banned
There may be problems with the key. If there is just pm me, and I'll gift the winner over steam.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-FBEC11C03E328286 - Taken by Kadin. 31 entrants total.

t1403647175z1.png

reddmyst

Reposted:

ModBot said:
Instructions for reddmyst:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Velvet Assassin -- MB-15E04D872834824A

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Velvet Assassin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403657226z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So after Rhaknar gifted me the Blackwell bundle I thought I'd check out the games. Hadn't actually heard of them before, but it turns out that Rhaknar is amazing because it's a series of point and click games WHICH I LOVE. Proper old school but with great art and voice acting. Good stuff. Looking forward to enjoying these knowing nothing of the story!

Hopefully there's still someone who doesn't own this game.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Darksiders -- MB-AD661F253183BF0C - Taken by SolVanderlyn. 15 entrants total.

t1403647376z1.png

TsuXna

So after Rhaknar gifted me the Blackwell bundle I thought I'd check out the games. Hadn't actually heard of them before, but it turns out that Rhaknar is amazing because it's a series of point and click games WHICH I LOVE. Proper old school but with great art and voice acting. Good stuff. Looking forward to enjoying these knowing nothing of the story!

I'm thinking of buying it but too expensive for something i dunno if i'll like or no.

Oops my bad, i thought that blackgate

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

its not like I gifted you Gal Civ III dude :p

but yes, I only played the first and I loved it, need to play the rest

jblank83

You just sold one copy :)

^5

There's a reason New Vegas feels like a real sequel to 1 and 2, while FO 3 feels like Oblivion with guns (imo). A lot of the people who worked on New Vegas worked on the original Fallout games. An example of this pedigree can be seen in the fact that New Vegas is based in the Western United States and again features organizations like The New California Republic, which any fan of Fallout 1 and 2 will be familiar with.

Amazon's ability to have amazing sales and competent price-matching left with Tony. The new guy doesn't know WTF he's doing. CAG's been in an uproar over it for months. Kinda sad, for a while there Amazon was killing it with the deals.

Damn, I just realized this is totally true. Amazon Tony was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom