• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Millennium New Hope -- MB-D63830A47444209C

t1403648532z1.png

Toki767

You can't, man. Most of us are locked out for a week, too. From now on, add your $6 codes to Amazon in the form of a gift. Then, you can buy Steam Wallet codes, if you want. It's unfortunate, I know...I wanted to build some badges today, but alas...ear wax.

Amazon doesn't actually sell Steam Wallet codes unless you want to pay extra.

Eusis

Ugh. Stupid M&M money. $6 is not worth not being able to buy/sell cards for a freaking week :( if I email Steam support is there any chance they'd remove the restriction sooner?
I forgot to bring up the marketplace with my M&M money question, and replayed with that since it's a related issue. We'll see if something comes of that!

Though someone else must've contacted about THAT immediately. Seems the thing to do going forward with Steam money is to use another source as a proxy, like Paypal, or just use that code elsewhere.
Amazon doesn't actually sell Steam Wallet codes unless you want to pay extra.
You could always just use it as Amazon credit instead though. I mean, I think they have more than Steam codes, probably.

... And less sarcastically they DO put up games you activate on Steam on sale, so there's still another way to use that money for Steam.

NoWayOut

With so many good comments about The Blackwell Bundle, I decided to give it a try. I used to enjoy the old point and click adventures from the 90s and for $1.99 it's worth a try.

I know Torchlight is currently free at GOG but here's a Steam copy if anyone is interested:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-7B6C5D838C93E6D8 - Taken by gaiadyne. 11 entrants total.

t1403648682z1.png

XxCGSxX

You are officially screwed. I am in the same boat, I have tried everything I can possibly think of to lift the market ban. Please follow up if you find out a way.
FUCK YOU M&MS!!! :mad: At least I was able to add my credit card back, for like 30 minutes, I couldn't. I was about to go insane If I had to wait for steam support to contact me via message. Fuck them for not having a customer support phone number, seriously :/

Ruruja

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

cantdrawwontdraw.jpg

Backlogger

Some leftovers from my raffle:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

EDGE -- MB-97B0986FF23511E1 - Taken by FloppyDelux
Iron Grip Warlord -- MB-EFA1D4B37D9236CC
Gun Metal -- MB-4150256E9BD2E5F7 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia
Shattered Haven -- MB-7503151683C7FB5D

biRdy

I forgot to bring up the marketplace with my M&M money question, and replayed with that since it's a related issue. We'll see if something comes of that!

Though someone else must've contacted about THAT immediately. Seems the thing to do going forward with Steam money is to use another source as a proxy, like Paypal, or just use that code elsewhere.

Got the same problem too, though I can't really complain since I've won $24 so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only reason the reddit plan worked was the early lead caused the other four to give up as they had no motivation. Now that there is motivation for those teams, there's no easy way to manipulate the entire user base. It was a brilliant solution by Valve honestly.
yea pretty much

basically it was terrible and unfair at first, then rendered useless but fair and now no one gives a shit <3

jholmes

YESSS REDS

I crafted a badge today (I needed to get up to level 8) and I felt like I wasted it doing it today. I was wrong! For victory!

masterkajo

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

And voila my entry. I am quite impressed considering I can't draw IRL and had to use a mouse. My teacher would be soo proud.
Oh how one is humiliation oneself for free stuff.
I call it Summer Sale Meadow.
ZEzQrck.jpg

Caerith

Anyone know if this is worth it? I heard it has problems, but RA Salvatore wrote for it so it has to be good in that department!
Yes. It's really fun. There are a few problems that never got patched (on account of the developer being shuttered because baseball players don't know how to handle money) but they're minor-- no crashes, and the bugginess is a 2 or 3 (on a scale of 1 to Bethesda).

More importantly, it's fun. And they put a lot of work into making multiple unique stealth kill animations for each enemy type.

is it that good?
Yes:
q5JC9iZ.png

(I still have a bunch of questlines to finish, too.)

Anyway:

completely_different_monty_python.gif

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- The commentary mode is really interesting for a second playthrough.

The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-8FDDA3F6C79E29CA - Taken by sabanoo. 20 entrants total.

t1403658331z1.png

XxCGSxX

You can't, man. Most of us are locked out for a week, too. From now on, add your $6 codes to Amazon in the form of a gift. Then, you can buy Steam Wallet codes, if you want. It's unfortunate, I know...I wanted to build some badges today, but alas...ear wax.
Thanks! How do I do the Amazon thing just in case I win another code? And will my $5 be refunded or was that lost too since it's a gift card?

Evo X

And voila my entry. I am quite impressed considering I can't draw IRL and had to use a mouse. My teacher would be soo proud.
Oh how one is humiliation oneself for free stuff.
I call it Summer Sale Meadow.
ZEzQrck.jpg

This picture is the complete opposite of chaos.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone explain me as if I were a 5 year old kid how do I make deals with the russians?

What keys are they looking for and what do they mean by 1 key and a half?

Found some leftover Humble Bundle gift links while I was cleaning out my email. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-49D414294DBFA1C6 - Taken by MBison. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-0EB6D1E5A749DCA4 - Taken by maneil99. 13 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-CABE615BF5757EAA - Taken by Toshin. 12 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-2330535396EE0D85 - Taken by SugarDave. 12 entrants total.

t1403658683z1.png

Ugh. Stupid M&M money. $6 is not worth not being able to buy/sell cards for a freaking week :( if I email Steam support is there any chance they'd remove the restriction sooner?

I have no idea but the problem is people adding the M&M money to Steam wallet. I just find stuff that's under a $6 and just use the card. I've already done it 4 times. I haven't been locked out at all.

I watched that how-to .gif way too many times in a row for this not to have worked...

ModBot said:
Instructions for TheLetdown:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Psychonauts -- MB-1A0B37199139DAB8 - Taken by Seaklng. 7 entrants total.

t1403649020z1.png

Colby

Thanks! How do I do the Amazon thing just in case I win another code? And will my $5 be refunded or was that lost too since it's a gift card?
As others pointed out, I was wrong about being able to buy Steam Wallet cards with your winnings, but you can still use it to buy anything on Amazon, and Amazon does price match a lot of the Steam sales. You just purchase an Amazon gift card and use the $6 credit card info to do it. It'll ask you where you want your gift card emailed; just pick your own email address, and then follow the instructions in your email. Ta-da!

I'm not sure about your second question. If you added money to your wallet using the M&M credit cards, it'll stay in your wallet. They won't take that money away from you.

SSPssp

You could always just use it as Amazon credit instead though. I mean, I think they have more than Steam codes, probably.

... And less sarcastically they DO put up games you activate on Steam on sale, so there's still another way to use that money for Steam.

Thanks for the tip, if I win more debit cards from the contest I'll go through paypal. Just waiting for the 28th to regain my access.

Reposting for the almost halfway point.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Castle Crashers -- MB-4C86664CCC9BEDA5 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 13 entrants total.
Splinter Cell Blacklist -- MB-53D4142897A77AEA - Taken by bakeray. 100 entrants total.
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-4425355BD5E36988 - Taken by Evo X. 25 entrants total.
Rogue Legacy -- MB-88CC40F64839A744 - Taken by jholmes. 50 entrants total.
Space Hulk -- MB-5F1195D5B5ED367F - Taken by JustLynx. 12 entrants total.
Darksiders II -- MB-0DA83936FA37286F - Taken by DJSebolski. 25 entrants total.
Brothers A Tale of Two sons -- MB-B52E48097CA82877 - Taken by waby. 24 entrants total.

Facism

yo always wondered, can you enter mutliple giveaways if they're from different members or is it one entry at all times?

[edit] cheers beatofficer, crossing my fingers for blacklist :)

SSPssp

As others pointed out, I was wrong about being able to buy Steam Wallet cards with your winnings, but you can still use it to buy anything on Amazon, and Amazon does price match a lot of the Steam sales. You just purchase an Amazon gift card and use the $6 credit card info to do it. It'll ask you where you want your gift card mailed; just pick your own email address, and then follow the instructions in your email. Ta-da!

I'm not sure about your second question. If you added money to your wallet using the M&M credit cards, it'll stay in your wallet. They won't take that money away from you.

Amazon has gotten lazy at price matching but if enough people click the option at bottom "tell us about a lower price" they'll probably match. They've been matching the price on the bigger games automatically of course.

XxCGSxX

As others pointed out, I was wrong about being able to buy Steam Wallet cards with your winnings, but you can still use it to buy anything on Amazon, and Amazon does price match a lot of the Steam sales. You just purchase an Amazon gift card and use the $6 credit card info to do it. It'll ask you where you want your gift card emailed; just pick your own email address, and then follow the instructions in your email. Ta-da!

The money didn't appear in my wallet. Will try to use the card via Amazon, if it's declined well I guess Steam took it and will be on hold or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom