• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain me as if I were a 5 year old kid how do I make deals with the russians?

What keys are they looking for and what do they mean by 1 key and a half?

You could always ask Tenrius if you don't feel like dealing with keys. He's been a huge help twice for me already, saved $6 each on two different deals because of him.

Fracas

#fuckonami
DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png
Mine kind of sucks (I have no idea how to use gif cam, lol), but I am dying to play Transistor so here goes!

pnjJDBZ.gif

First Valve rigged the Summer Adventure and now they un-rigged it and made themselves seem super generous in the process by giving away more games

true illuminati genius

Nordicus

Im thinking about buying a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game. Wich one would you people recommend if it happens to show up on a deal?

I see that Clear Sky is 50% off. The others however are not... should I get this one?
Depends, in most cases I'd tell you to skip Clear Sky and only play the 2 others because they're superior games, but if the choice is "Clear Sky or nothing" then I suppose you could go for it because it's a unique experience regardless even if the pacing, build-up, the scares and setpieces aren't nearly as good.

Shadow of Chernobyl was the first game (2nd in chronology) and has, imo, the best structured content but Call of Pripyat has the most refined game mechanics.

So Shadow of Chernobyl if you can choose, Clear Sky if not.

Salsa

1 hour

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-E63936008DD8637F - Taken by NotSelf

t1403652932z1.png

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I like how GOG is handling this sale. I saw that Indigo Prophecy costed less than 2 bucks 40 minutes ago, and now the deal is over (didn't buy it since I was browsing from my phone). And the new ones last less than 3 hours. How am I supposed to buy something, if I don't even have time to browse the page before the deals end?

hohoXD123

1 hour

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

Oh, I had forgotten about this Saw-esque giveaway.

TsuXna

1 hour

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif
No matter what you do modbot always recognises that God like game, definitely bad rats!

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png

sOD6jlY.png

I'm not sure I like how GOG is handling this sale. I saw that Indigo Prophecy costed less than 2 bucks 40 minutes ago, and now the deal is over (didn't buy it since I was browsing from my phone). And the new ones last less than 3 hours. How am I supposed to buy something, if I don't even have time to browse the page before the deals end?

This was already like the third time I saw Fahrenheit on sale, and don't really check the site more then 3-4 times a day. I like the way they're doing it, lots of high discounts for lots and lots of games.

Arthea

deals are repeated all the time, but gog likes as busy 24/7 during sales lately, that's true

Forgot I had some games left over from a humble bundle awhile ago:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-EC76E2D0D8ECFAF7
Fez -- MB-AB19BE8F066766DF
Antichamber -- MB-D98827FE5E69E67C - Taken by Beelzeboss
Monaco -- MB-D07F2B71C00788FD

t1403660374z1.png

Just got back home from work and I'm pooped. Just noticed Nidhogg on sale. Getting a 2-pack. Who wants in? PM me if interested, I take Paypal gift.

Spot taken.

Caerith

Anything interesting happen today?

Slight rule change-- top three teams get games from their wishlists now, not just the lone winner.

Oh, and the Blackwell Bundle is on sale.

And, shameless bump, I posted a giveaway for it on the bottom of a page so nobody probably saw it:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- The commentary mode is really interesting for a second playthrough.

The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-8FDDA3F6C79E29CA - Taken by sabanoo. 20 entrants total.

t1403658331z1.png

Arthea

Anything interesting happen today?

I'm not sure you wanna know, but I'll tell anyway!
Space Hulk went on sale with -80% discount, I added it to my cart, it reverted back to 15%, I started to complain, then Turfster convinced me to buy bundle with it, so that would make $6 for Space Hulk (I had other games), then deal was updated to... -90% discount on steam.
That's like premium story for horror movie right here, I'm selling it btw.

jblank83

any opinions on blackguards?

Promising but frustrating experience. I had to play through the entire launch version for a review, which was even worse. There were some god awful, extraordinarily cheap and broken fights and some very unfun game mechanics (poison). The developer has done their best to patch the more broken aspects of the game.

At its core it is a tactical RPG, map after map of fights. There is an overworld map on which you can free roam and some towns in which to shop, however this is a very thin experience. The vast majority of the game is pre-determined fights tackled in linear fashion, with a short sidequest here and there. Maps contain moderate amounts of interesting geographic features, such as bridges and swamp tiles.

The RPG mechanics are very dense and take time to absorb. It is rewarding to build up your characters, though.

Here's my full review if you want to read it:
http://www.cubed3.com/review/1379/1/blackguards-pc.html

Note that some of the issues I spoke of have been patched since release.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You could try steam trades dot com if you want. It has a reputation system, and there is hundreds of people offering good key prices on dailies and other games too.

I know it's a dumb question, but I've never tried this before - these are the keys to trade right?

Miker

Sphincter Cell Blacklist is amusing so far - I'm not far enough to make any comparisons to Chaos Theory, but it's modern Ubisoft to the max. Menus upon menus, UPlay rewards, attachments and gadgets get their own sub-attachments and sub-gadgets, customizable gloves and boots, and so on and so forth. It's overwhelming.

Also, the plane hub seemed like a cool idea at first, in that it builds camaraderie with your team a la Mass Effect, but Sam controls like a drunken ape on the plane, and the camera is so tight, that I almost wished they just used a menu.

Nordicus

Oh, and the Blackwell Bundle is on sale.

And, shameless bump, I posted a giveaway for it on the bottom of a page so nobody probably saw it:

- The commentary mode is really interesting for a second playthrough.
I second the bolded. With every Blackwell game, I go back and replay the game with developer commentary on. The first game has 2 commentaries even, one from around the game's development and another that was added few years later and works as a retrospective

Ibuki

Banned
I played a little bit of Risk of Rain finally. It is pretty awesome, I died after about 10 minutes but I am excited to dig deeper and get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom