• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

Yes. It's really fun. There are a few problems that never got patched (on account of the developer being shuttered because baseball players don't know how to handle money) but they're minor-- no crashes, and the bugginess is a 2 or 3 (on a scale of 1 to Bethesda).

More importantly, it's fun. And they put a lot of work into making multiple unique stealth kill animations for each enemy type.

Hmm, I'll have to definitely check this out if it goes on sale again.

Evo X

Good, that's what I was going for. Its a metaphor. For me summer saleing is like a meadow. Doesn't have to be chaotic to summer sale. Everyone has their own way.

lol, I was making a joke.

Because that's the first rule of the giveaway.

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

3phemeral

yo always wondered, can you enter mutliple giveaways if they're from different members or is it one entry at all times?

Depends on the rules. If the giver sets the rules, they can choose to not allow previous winners within the day, the week, or the month. By default, modbot is set to disqualify entrants who participate in a giveaway from one user if there are multiple keys been given away. So, say, if you enter a giveaway with 5 keys and you decide to enter for all of them, you'll be disqualified. But givers can also allow users to enter for multiple keys without penalty.

It seems to be more common to do a raffle without restriction, other than a lurker restriction. So you should be fine.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
This picture is the complete opposite of chaos.

Well, the original idea of chaos from the Greeks was an idea of an empty black void, full of nothing. Not mayhem or destruction, simply nothing at all and as there is nothing, rules aren't needed.

The picture still doesn't work in that context, it's just a fun fact of the day.

Back to your regurally scheduled Steam thread.

Chariot

DniVaxp.png

So I'm giving away one of the games in the banner above, which one though is a mystery.

Instructions/Rules/Stuff for participants:

-If you would like to take part in this give away you must draw a picture depicting the chaos of the Steam Summer Sale.

- You can rush it or take your time, the deadline is 10:41 PST; giving you about nine hours or so. (Also if someone could come up with some sort of countdown clock that I could embed that would be awesome!)

- When you post your artwork in the thread, please PM a link to your post so I keep track of everyone's submissions.

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

- Sometime after 9:41, I will post here letting people know who one and then I will gift that person the game over Steam.

Hopefully it will be fun and plenty straight forward. And if I have money after buying my new monitor and speakers then I will do some more of these before the sale ends, because having one game to give away originally wasn't my intention. EDIT: Also I will be reposting this throughout the day.

t1403678400z4.png
jKYNeQlzYro1o.png

Evo X

Well, the original idea of chaos from the Greeks was an idea of an empty black void, full of nothing. Not mayhem or destruction, simply nothing at all and as there is nothing, rules aren't needed.

Well, in that case, here is my entry for the contest.

spacer.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
You could always just use it as Amazon credit instead though. I mean, I think they have more than Steam codes, probably.

This is my current plan. With 2 phones a day, assuming at least a 25% win ratio (seems higher than that for me so far... *knock on wood* >.>), I'm just gonna be saving the amazon credit to get Last of Us Remastered and Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition for my PS4 without paying a cent. That'll leave me with no games I need to buy from my own wallet until Destiny in september :D

Mono

Amalur was fun as a game. The world was kind of boring though.

That's too bad! Maybe after I finish the Witcher 2 and DA:O then, when I'll be so burned out of awesome fantasy universes that it won't matter as much.

I'm surprised it was a daily, to be honest. It went so long without any discount at all.

Yeah, it doesn't go on sale very often. I was looking into buying it a while ago but never once saw it on sale.

Ibuki

Banned
So if I give someone 2 Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys and a Tour of Duty Ticket, they will give me a game? Why don't they just buy the keys themselves?

Either they already have the game and want to get money back, or if they are russian they still make a profit off of you by selling the game for keys.

Kssio_Aug

Im thinking about buying a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game. Wich one would you people recommend if it happens to show up on a deal?

I see that Clear Sky is 50% off. The others however are not... should I get this one?

Eusis

Got the same problem too, though I can't really complain since I've won $24 so far.
I won a foil though, and I'm stuck in a position where I CAN'T buy up the rest OR sell it off. I'll seriously trade that for a pile of other cards unless people report Steam unlocking Community for them. That way at least I can complete some badges or sell them off once the sale ends.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol That point competition change. Trying to stop rigging?

masterkajo

lol, I was making a joke.

Because that's the first rule of the giveaway.

The picture still doesn't work in that context, it's just a fun fact of the day.

Back to your regurally scheduled Steam thread.

And that in and of itself is chaos. Art Nonsense Man away!

yeah, it's pretty serene.

Well, in that case, here is my entry for the contest.

spacer.jpg

Hm... look at all the chaos the picture has created since its creation :)

Caerith

Amalur was fun as a game. The world was kind of boring though.
I liked that they went with fairy folklore as a basis rather than orcs and goblins like everywhere else. The Fae were pretty interesting as well-- an immortal race with no real understanding of change, in a world that, for the first time ever, is changing.

Amalur got the same discount during a midweek/weekend madness deal a while ago, guess there were still some legal issues to sort out.

Yeah, that's when I picked it up. Still, with the legal issues and how long it went without any discounts at all, it is surprising to see it go on sale as often as it has lately.

Toki767

I liked that they went with fairy folklore as a basis rather than orcs and goblins like everywhere else. The Fae were pretty interesting as well-- an immortal race with no real understanding of change, in a world that, for the first time ever, is changing.
I actually really liked the premise of the world. It's just the actual execution of it left a lot o be desired I think. It felt kind of bland. Not nearly as exciting as wandering around Skyrim or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom