• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think that mod is still necessary with the Bethesda versions? I thought they already fixed that stuff, but I might be wrong.

I'm not really sure if they did or not. I didn't even know Bethesda fixed anything before they put the games back up on Steam.

After checking, I'm not entirely sure. I found a Gamespot article on it, and it said:

With their return to Steam, minor changes have been made to the original games. Saves now have Steam Butt support, and Fallout 1 and 2 have "default" and "classic" modes. Default mode allows for high resolutions and classic is the unmodified, original game. Fallout Tactics is unmodified, but its multiplayer is still supported via direct connection. Tactics cannot run on Windows 8.

I assume it would be fine without the mod now. Though it sucks that Tactics apparently can't run on windows 8.

hawk2025

But the thing is it was not the veteran rogue-like community that morphed the genre, it was the newcomers and misinformed that did this and that plays a crucial role.

Ah okay, thanks.
Don't really talk about rogue inspired games to people so I didn't know.

Also to the people who want to are actively looking for new indie games, give Delver a shot if it goes on a deeper discount. Really fun first-person rogue-lite dungeon crawler, despite the store page saying it's fast-pace I didn't really find it to be, although I've only played for about an hour. It has a lot of potential since it's still in early access.

Really wish there were outside levels after going into the dungeon since I really liked how it looked.

Like with language, the veteran community is not necessarily the ones that decide to morph it, never mind having control over it.

It's a distinction that, in the end, does not make a difference.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I never played Metro 2033, but I did play Metro 2033: Last Light (thank you 1 cent sale ;P).

Which was the better game? Or longer?

I liked Last Light, so I assume I would like the original?

Vardhan

I really hope you guys are picking Point & Click - Adventure for Community Choice. Deponia and Secret Files games at that price sounds great.

I just want to say how impressed I am with Arma 3. Arma 2 ran horrible on my machine, this one though is smooth as butter. Kudos to Bohemia for doing an amazing job on optimizing the game. For anyone on the fence performance wise, I'd say go for it.

I have very special giveaway on my birthday :)
its not much but that's all i have in my steam wallet.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade -- MB-2AECE23FB891D3E8 - Taken by bronson

t1403679175z1.png

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
oh further FYI on the wad jet games... highly suggested to play with 4x (or whatever) nearest-neighbor filtering in windowed mode. I can get the res up to 1280x960 doing this which almost fills my OS X desktop, and it doesn't blur the game like the AA option. I mean the AA option isn't "my eyes are bleeding!!!" bad but it does constantly look like my eyes are struggling to see things clearly.

4x nearest neighbor is old school pixel art goodness.

inky

jim lee rogue crappy? shut your dirty mouth and go back to the Marvel Heroes thread inky!

Yup, Jim Lee is overrated ;P There, I said it.

Well, not really, his designs are great and iconic, but sometimes his anatomy and lines are crap, like in that particular example. And I hate his muscle-y bodies.

And I'm taking a small MH break due to work fatigue, but I'll be back soon ;P

JoduanER2

I never played Metro 2033, but I did play Metro 2033: Last Light (thank you 1 cent sale ;P).

I prefer the original but I played the second one on ps3 and the first on PC so maybe that's why

I played through 2033 and am currently playing through LL. They're very similar although the AI is a lot dumber in 2033. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just beat Blade Wolf on normal difficulty after an hour and a half of beating my head against a wall in MGR. Yes, I suck that much at videogames.

Seriously, that boss is a very jarring difficulty spike in the game, and I had to look up guides on the internet to not rely on button mashing lol. The good thing is that I'm getting the hang of parrying (I think), plus now I know a couple of combos with the ninja blade.

Bladewolf is essentially a parry tutorial. That's exactly what he's meant to do. Beat you until you learn to play the game properly. :) Nice work!

DSix

Banned
Alright, last one, going berzerk:

ModBot said:
Instructions for DSix:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-0AEF0D0AA82486CB - Taken by Scrum. 4 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-B7D6FA5E934C3127 - Taken by Chavelo. 9 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-0507906855282BBD - Taken by Sofa King. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-80F601AD311262CA - Taken by CreepingFear. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-E13AFC1291C35D93 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 4 entrants total.

t1403669835z1.png

May as well give away these Desura keys I'm never going to use

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 2 Desura Key #1 -- MB-971CA03369BC5E78 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 2 Desura Key #2 -- MB-7A74D224EEED5AB6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 3 Desura Key -- MB-56FBD931C02C4EF7 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Desura Key -- MB-3CD16EBB14EA41BB

HIB 2 #1 includes Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans as well as World of Goo, Lugaru HD, Penumbra: Overture, and Samorost 2 from HIB 1.

HIB 2 #2 includes Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans; it doesn't activate the HIB 1 ones.

HIB 3 includes Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution and Atom Zombie Smasher

The Frozenbyte bundle has Trine, Shadowgrounds, and Shadowgrounds: Survivor

Bladewolf is essentially a parry tutorial. That's exactly what he's meant to do. Beat you until you learn to play the game properly. :) Nice work!

Yeah, Bladewolf is a bastard. He hung me up for quite a while as well. Once you have the mechaninc down though its not that hard, but the game really could do a better job teaching you to parry before putting you up against him though.

Prime grenade for 30.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands 2 -- MB-198FCE95A0775D16 - Taken by user237. 32 entrants total.
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-60C86FC32BAC186E - Taken by Pakkidis. 28 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-6079C6347DC100A9 - Taken by jmizzal. 57 entrants total.
Civilization V -- MB-0D808824503B3644 - Taken by Vlad. 18 entrants total.

t1403670974z1.png
Happy birthday, Vikas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom