• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

- I will not be judging, I'm leaving that job up to my sister. Here is her steam profile if you want to bribe her: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordpooky :p

I hope your sister didn't get swamped by friend requests from lurkers on here

This is mine, I haven't a scanner because I'm poor.

10510385_700819146658625_1097517821_n.jpg

Link to the image

that is really good, I can't even draw stick figures

JLeack

Banned
I just beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Holy ****. How did I miss this? It's freaking incredible. That was the best ending of any game I've played since Metal Gear Solid 3.

Sweet...told myself if it won I'm buying it when I get home in 25 minutes...and it's only 10 bucks...I was just about to buy it too for Wii U for 30 bucks on Amazon...

Side question: Do you earn points for your team by buying games or only crafting badges?

Mono

I just beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Holy ****. How did I miss this? It's freaking incredible. That was the best ending of any game I've played since Metal Gear Solid 3.

That ending, omg. I've never played a game that utalized its controls to tell a story so well.

Shadownet

Banned
Is Call of Juarez: Gunslinger any good?

should I buy that with Blood Dragon as well? never play any of those games before. but that sale is making it tempting

Chavelo

Here are a few games I had laying around... Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-D976839933B6EE65 - Taken by davepoobond. 13 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-657D055E647C9FE7 - Taken by Daedalos42. 7 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-2C69F4C748E080C6

t1403681171z1.png

Yakkue

Sweet...told myself if it won I'm buying it when I get home in 25 minutes...and it's only 10 bucks...I was just about to buy it too for Wii U for 30 bucks on Amazon...

Side question: Do you earn points for your team by buying games or only crafting badges?

Only by crafting badges.

Helmholtz

It's a neat little game. Gameplay wise it's fairly standard platformer stuff, with a few interesting mechanics thrown in. But the game is quite charming and has nice visuals. I also really enjoyed the way the game ended.
Definitely worth it for the $2.99.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

this is CorrosiveFrost right now

kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif

Yes, it's amazing how the game managed to evoke feelings without a single line of dialog.

SugarDave

Is Call of Juarez: Gunslinger any good?

should I buy that with Blood Dragon as well? never play any of those games before. but that sale is making it tempting

Gunslinger is amazing. Buy it! Blood Dragon is great as well, but more so in its style than anything else. It's built around the mechanics of Far Cry 3, so it's held back by what's already wrong with that game. Then again, if you liked FC3 go right ahead. They're both worth the money.

And did I mention Gunslinger is amazing?
Buy it!

Deitus

Reposting Rogue Legacy raffle for people who might have missed it before:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rogue Legacy -- MB-AB1C1405DDC4A6D0 - Taken by WinterDemons

t1403677470z1.png

Oreoleo

Aw man, I had no idea about the Redux. I wouldn't have bought Last Light the other day if I'd known the Redux was coming.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Last Light runs and performs fine, I can't imagine Redux will be substantially different/better. 2033 on the other hand is horrendously un-optimized, it will be very interesting to see the differences between Redux and the original.

The rise of the mid priced indie game on the PC has been such a boon for games like this. Brothers totally does not have the depth of mechanics to be a long $60 game. But with a shorter length and a lower price it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom