• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes. Buy the bundle. What are you waiting for?! C'mon already!

It is. There is no Uplay in CoJ so I urge you to buy Gunslinger to support Ubisoft removing it.

Yep, you should totally get the bundle, those games are a lot of fun.

Gunslinger is amazing. Buy it! Blood Dragon is great as well, but more so in its style than anything else. It's built around the mechanics of Far Cry 3, so it's held back by what's already wrong with that game. Then again, if you liked FC3 go right ahead. They're both worth the money.

And did I mention Gunslinger is amazing?
Buy it!

well that is all the encouragements I needed. I'm off to buy Call of Juarez and Blood Dragon

Hmmm, been playing about an hour of Betrayer, not sure how I feel about it, it looks and plays fine, just the story isn't interesting me so far and the combat is a bit subpar.

dot

Dot I just have to say that I don't like your avatar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

felicitynohdkcq.gif

Rude. What did Ariana ever do to you?

Still no RE4 sale :(

I know. :( Hopefully that and Street Fighter pop up soon as a daily/flash deal.

Eusis

I won $6 from M&M's \o/

1398576685162.gif
It's probably too late but unless you don't care about the Marketplace for this sale do not use that code directly with Steam. I think Paypal's supposed to work, and failing that you could always burn it on Amazon. Most of us learned the hard way and they will just let the time run out instead of doing anything.

Shadownet

Banned
I would like to thanks Hero Prinny for helping me buy a bunch of trading cards out on Steam. I got locked out of the marketplace. He helped me get to level 9 tonight so I wont lose all my Summer Cards in the end.

Gave him $10 in steam wallet for his trouble :) and ended up chatting, comparing games and making a new friend in progress.

This is why I love GAF. <3

MBison

Ultra newb steam question.

I bought the Bioshock Infinite DLC, which keeps auto downloading everytime I staart my computer. I don't want 19 gigs right now. How can i stop it from auto downloading? Do I just right click properties on Bioshock Infinite and select Automatic Updates: Don't do it. ??

thanks

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
It's probably too late but unless you don't care about the Marketplace for this sale do not use that code directly with Steam. I think Paypal's supposed to work, and failing that you could always burn it on Amazon. Most of us learned the hard way and they will just let the time run out instead of doing anything.

Yes the fact that SO many people got burned by this, you think that they would allow you to fix it somehow. Cancel the funds, alternative verification, etc.

I was spending money daily on the market, so I guess this is saving me money in the end.

I can still buy games, so not HORRIBLE.

dot

It won't even run for me. Just sits at the server list screen.

Sarcasm told me how to deal with that earlier. Basically you gotta wait for the cursor to load and then you shift-tab out. If that doesn't work do the ctrl+alt+delete thing (task manager) and it'll start working. At least that's what i did and it went through.

Eusis

Yes the fact that SO many people got burned by this, you think that they would allow you to fix it somehow. Cancel the funds, alternative verification, etc.

I was spending money daily on the market, so I guess this is saving me money in the end.

I can still buy games, so not HORRIBLE.
It's immensely frustrating however when you get a foil just afterwards.

Eh, throwing it to my brother, he's the only other one on my list with a foil anyway.

jabuseika

Because it's a great game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-0CEC6FC7F30836E9 - Taken by SEGIII. 19 entrants total.

t1403673724z1.png

Turfster

Yes the fact that SO many people got burned by this, you think that they would allow you to fix it somehow.

Eh. Would you normally try to add 4-5 different cards to your account over the course of a few days? Don't think so.

The account/card protection stuff is working as intended, really.
If they made it easy to 'fix', then card scammers and account stealers could 'fix' it just as easily, and nobody wants that.

nofunallowed.jpg

ANOTHER GIVEAWAY TIME!

So this has been in my inventory for a WHILE. I think this game is f2p now but I dunno if this code will you give you any bonuses? Anyway, go for it, I guess?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super MNC -- MB-15F3CBCE714774CD - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 6 entrants total.

t1403674024z1.png

jabuseika

5 mins

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-0CEC6FC7F30836E9 - Taken by SEGIII

t1403673724z1.png

tumblr_mg0dggCbEd1rogwl3o1_250.gif
tumblr_mg0dggCbEd1rogwl3o2_250.gif

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Woodcutter Simulator 2013 -- MB-6E063115BC15153E - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 9 entrants total.

t1403674325z1.png

dot

I would like to apologize to everybody I just realized that the clock was set to PDT not PST.

Here is the correct time to compensate for the difference:
t1403674800z4.png

Again sorry about my fuck up.

Will be streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/ryokotoast

I'm ready to lose! Lots of cool drawings from everyone.

Is your computer a toaster?
At least Risk of Rain will run on it (and it's a better game than Nether, i have zero doubt).

No it's just horribly optimized, i'm pretty sure....

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Eh. Would you normally try to add 4-5 different cards to your account over the course of a few days? Don't think so.

The account/card protection stuff is working as intended, really.
If they made it easy to 'fix', then card scammers and account stealers could 'fix' it just as easily, and nobody wants that.

nofunallowed.jpg

I have no problem with the system stopping fraudulent stuff. I just think that alternative verification options to use with Gift Cards should be there. Or they should not allow them (or heavily warn you).

Plus I can reverse bank and credit charges all day. Why can't I have the option to "undo" something ;)

Options man... that is all I ask!

Styles

FFVIII is so fun with hi-speed mode on; makes drawing and summoning much more manageable, good God.

And Triple Triad is addictive as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom