• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Indiegala bundle:

• Sang-Froid
  • Final Slam 2
  • Lyne
  • Critical Mass
  • Windforge
  • Towers of Altrac (Desura)

$1 for the moment. Sang-froid is a fantastic tower defense that seems to have been bundled-to-death recently.

I think only Windforge hasn't appeared in a bundle before.
Thanks for posting. Was going to buy Lyne on its own but willing to try the onthers in the bundle.

Plus there is a copy of Critical Mass for me to (eventually) give away. If people like Critical Mass and are not afraid of WiiWare on the Wii Shop (also accessible on Wii U) they should try Art Style:Cubello. Critical Mass is a faster paced version of that essentially (shooting coloured blocks at a cube to make them vanish and eventually the cube itself, triggers Tetrisphere vibes in people).

Huh I was about to get a SpaceChem key, then I checked my steam library and apparently I already own it

I don't remember buying it though

Was it in a humblebundle? Maybe I got it from that
Aye.
dat megagiver spacechem farming
I have 2 from Humble Bundle as it is. I also picked up this PC gamer one (more for friends though, if the million sell out feel free to call me terrible :(). I'm going to wait a while before modbotting these (I still need to go through everything).

Yakkue

I played it on iOS and loved it, so at that price I might pick it up just to see what they added/changed to this version, since I know they said they'd be doing that thanks to a few very iOS-dependent puzzles.
When you say find all the secrets, did you already open up the guidebook?

There's no "guidebook" in the Steam version (or I just didn't find it?), but there is a "journal" that I can't open yet. Hope I'll find out how to open it in my second playthrough :)

PMTHANKS
This will include a little bit of instruction text asking the user to PM you with thanks instead of posting in the thread. Of course it is non-binding.

But they'll still thank you.

I've always used that so as to not clog up the thread, but if someone straight up doesn't want to be thanked, there's no option for that.

Female Protagonist won the community choice.

Everyone, buy They Bleed Pixels

BTA

There's no "guidebook" in the Steam version (or I just didn't find it?), but there is a "journal" that I can't open yet. Hope I'll find out how to open it in my second playthrough :)

I used the wrong word, oops. That's it. I think you may have missed something you were intended to see, so whether you want this hint is up to you:
I might not be remembering things right, so apologies if I'm wrong, but I think you should go rewatch the credits.You haven't finished the game yet! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jimmyfenix:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-BE67D19CEA4EA438 - Taken by Deraldin

yo

Yakkue

I used the wrong word, oops. That's it. I think you may have missed something you were intended to see, so whether you want this hint is up to you:
I might not be remembering things right, so apologies if I'm wrong, but I think you should go rewatch the credits.You haven't finished the game yet! :)

Well there were 2 hints in the credits, but maybe I missed something? "There's a secret south of the brook. There's a secret north of the mill".

Kaleinc

Banned
There's an option to be thanked via PM instead of in the thread.

PMTHANKS
This will include a little bit of instruction text asking the user to PM you with thanks instead of posting in the thread. Of course it is non-binding.
I mean not even via PM.
It should add a gif to the giveaway quote of the Batman Begins end scene where gordon's like "I never said thank you," and batman's like "...and you'll never have to"
That's what I'm talking about :D

Shadownet

Banned
If your team win a daily race and you are one of those 30 people or 20 or 10.

Do they give you only games that is already available on your wish list or does future games count too? Like if the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is on my wish list right now.

BTA

Well there were 2 hints in the credits, but maybe I missed something? "There's a secret south of the brook. There's a secret north of the mill".

Oh, huh. I don't remember that in the iOS version; it was pretty specific about unlocking the journal. Guess they might have used the additions to make learning that information more natural? Interesting... now I'm even more excited to check it out myself to see how they pulled that off, hah.

tmarques

I like how team Red broke the reddit truce and everyone is just fighting for those games.

I'm sure Purple would have done it once they had won their 2nd day, even without Valve's interference.

Next time they'd better not allow people to change teams.

Deitus

Do they give you only games that is already available on your wish list or does future games count too? Like if the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is on my wish list right now.

If the game is available for purchase, you can win it. Release date doesn't matter. If the game still doesn't have a price listed you can't win it.

trolho

Neo Member

I think they say in the f.a.q. that the games have to be buyable as of now for them to be eligible

Torchlight II improves on Torchlight I in every way. I can't think of any reason to play TL1 at this point. TL2 is a really solid game though, I'd definitely recommend it.

Depends -- Torchlight 1 is still a very solid uh... Diablo type RPG? (is this a CRPG? what the ferk is a CRPG anyway?) -- Except the final boss. He's a giant hole.

I'm not sure if there's exact class parity from 2 to 1 or if someone has modded the classes from 1 into 2... but outside of that, yeah, you're probably right... though torchlight 2 has a different feel because it's more about exploring the overworld and going into various dungeons instead of diving deep into a single dungeon and continuing to move downward.

I just want to beat ordrak so I can finish Torchlight 1 and finally call it done.

AkuMifune

Banned
Purple team, time to strike!

:(

tumblr_mii1pigo3d1s6655co1_500.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
How did valve change the rules?

by giving games to second and third place also. by doing that it made the initial rush (coming up in 15 minutes) quite a bit more frantic making it easier for one team to eventually tilt the lead away from what reddit colluded to.

previously if you weren't on the team scheduled to win, there was really no reason for you to craft anything that day. now there's actually a reason to rush crafting early to hopefully get your team into the top 3 spots... and if your team gets close enough to take over first... well greed overtakes collusion any day of the week ;)

Bundle extra
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-9773682BF871F27E - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft

Anustart

by giving games to second and third place also. by doing that it made the initial rush (coming up in 15 minutes) quite a bit more frantic making it easier for one team to eventually tilt the lead away from what reddit colluded to.

Ah, didnt know. Doesn't matter though, I'm on team dont give a fuck (pink)

Here's a SpaceChem key, I meant to make a short raffle, but I did something wrong.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gianni Merryman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpaceChem -- MB-E69AEE7BCB52B7EB

t1403725537z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom