• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who don't want to do the Facebook thing:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

spacechem -- MB-85A30D3A26E5DA7B - Taken by Purkake4

kulapik

why bother making a Modbot giveaway for Spacechem? There are literally ONE MIRIONTROOPSKEYS.

unless it doesn't work for you, of course

btw, not stepping on steamgifts anytime soon

edit: ok, you gotta sign up on facebook
, I get it then

Turfster

why bother making a Modbot giveaway for Spacechem? There are literally ONE MIRIONTROOPSKEYS.

Not everyone wants to sell all their personal information by signing up for Facebook =p

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

eh yeah... seems just like a way to boost your giveaway count at the moment. I mean the GoG games were only two hour spans (and alan wake in the middle of the night lol).. but here, it's all week and a million keys.
dat megagiver spacechem farming

pretty much. :\

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GoG) -- MB-820C01B95DD6FE3B

t1403712593z1.png

Hanzou

The laughing Bundle Is not 90% off. I guess it was before only because both castle crashers and battle block theatre we on sale at the same time?

suikodan

I read an article about how "arranged" the scores are between the teams so if my team isn't leading today, am I right in thinking that I should craft my Summer Sale badge another day when my team is in the lead to have a "chance"?

BTA

Brothers' controls take some time to get used to (and it doesn't help that if you're unlucky like I am, there's a bug you can encounter pretty early on that can leave you winding a crank incredibly slowly for several minutes wondering if you're doing something wrong), but after the first 10-20 minutes I didn't have any problem with them. I definitely recommend the game, especially when it's that cheap.

Lomax

The game is ass. The concept is brilliant really and I'm told the story is great, but the controls are just not worth putting up with.

I have to say, in thinking this, you really missed the entire point (unless you tried to play on a keyboard of course, it needs to be experienced on a controller). No, the controls aren't what you're used to. But they are unique and brilliant and one of the most original combinations of controls, gameplay, and story that you'll ever encounter. The controls make the game as great as it is, without them, it's a mediocre melodramatic puzzler.

The laughing Bundle Is not 90% off. I guess it was before only because both castle crashers and battle block theatre we on sale at the same time?

I think it's pretty safe to say that it actually was a price error, the Devs just decided to embrace it and let it run rather than shutting it down.

I read an article about how "arranged" the scores are between the teams so if my team isn't leading today, am I right in thinking that I should craft my Summer Sale badge another day when my team is in the lead to have a "chance"?

The previous arrangement relied entirely on none of the other teams having motivation to fight it out, once Valve changed the rules, it fell apart. Will be interesting to see if it's just a battle between red and purple for the rest of the time or if any other teams step up.

Turfster

Stump should do like steamgifts does, that bundle games count less for the megagiver count, though it would require to keep a list (the SG one could serve though, but it could be easily tricked)

Eh, Stump doesn't have to do anything, he provides a valuable service for free.
We should be thankful he made the bot in the first place.
Keeping track of bundle stuff would be a big job, and since nobody is paying him to do it...

Ronabo

New Indiegala bundle:

• Sang-Froid
  • Final Slam 2
  • Lyne
  • Critical Mass
  • Windforge
  • Towers of Altrac (Desura)

$1 for the moment. Sang-froid is a fantastic tower defense that seems to have been bundled-to-death recently.

I think only Windforge hasn't appeared in a bundle before.

Thanks. Bought to mess around with the fighter.

Nabs

I got a SpaceChem key for someone who doesn't want to bother with the Facebook stuff. Quote for key:

(Let us know if you take it)

(and play it)

velociraptor

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (velociraptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FEZ -- MB-4B9C144CD4061883 - Taken by TsuXna. 6 entrants total.

t1403712857z1.png

Yakkue

94uRIn9.png

I just finished my first Year Walk. (yeah, I didn't wait for the daily, shoot me ;D)

Very creepy atmospheric game, I enjoyed it a lot.
It's full of nice diverse puzzles, beautiful graphics and interesting skandinavian lore.
There is one sound-based puzzle I still don't quite understand since I'm a bit tone-deaf, but it was fun, so whatever.

Can't wait to play it again and find all the secrets!

It's currently 50% off and costs $2,99.
Did anyone here play it already?
tT9QJgv.png

Jeremy

94uRIn9.png

I just finished my first Year Walk. (yeah, I didn't wait for the daily, shoot me ;D)

It's full of nice diverse puzzles, beautiful graphics and interesting skandinavian lore.
There is one sound-based puzzle I still don't quite understand since I'm a bit tone-deaf, but it was fun, so whatever.

tT9QJgv.png

And my wish list begins to grow again.

Yrael

94uRIn9.png

tT9QJgv.png

I have this one on my wish list - it looks very interesting.

I'm waiting for a daily though. :p

Rogue Legacy looks fun, but I'm not sure if I like roguelikes. Any thoughts on it?

Yes, very good. If you like platformers you'll like rogue legacy. Worth noting that it's a rogue-like-like, you don't lose everything every time you die (though you do lose some stuff) and you progress through dying.

Brothers' controls take some time to get used to (and it doesn't help that if you're unlucky like I am, there's a bug you can encounter pretty early on that can leave you winding a crank incredibly slowly for several minutes wondering if you're doing something wrong), but after the first 10-20 minutes I didn't have any problem with them. I definitely recommend the game, especially when it's that cheap.

Yeah, you get used to the Brothers controls fairly quickly (it took me probably closer to 45 minutes to really get a handle on it). I thought the game was really over-rated, but I was playing it coming off it appearing on all of the "Game of the Year" lists, so I think I set my expectations a bit high.

It's a decent enough game with a unique gimmick and a nice story. It's over in about 3 hours, and it is probably worth the current price. I played it on PS3 because it was a PS+ game a few months ago.

Bryko

Ran through The Swapper last night, really beautiful game with some interesting puzzles. I'm glad I picked it up.

Is Super Amazing Wagon Adventure any good once the novelty wears off? I enjoyed McPixel and it looks pretty similar.

Caerith

Just waking up, but I see that Castle Crashers is back to -90% but the laughing bundle is $10 more expensive than it was before. Kinda wishing I had jumped on it when I had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom