• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

need steam achievements for valiant hearts :(

I think I'm just going to spend my money on Sniper Elite 3. Aside from the Battleblock + CC bundle and the Valiant Hearts thing, sale has been pretty disappointing so far for me.

Turfster

How a game is as f2p is pretty self explanatory imo. We all know the f2p goods and bads no?

The secret world isn't really f2p, it's more Guild Wars style where you buy a base game, and then buy expansion packs when they come out.
I only tried it in the closed beta, and it was sort of janky, but it had promise, I thought.
I've heard lots of good things about it from people that have more time than me and have played it for a while now. The lore and writing are very good, and the music is fantastic.

Lomax

How a game is as f2p is pretty self explanatory imo. We all know the f2p goods and bads no?

It's not f2p, it's b2p. The main purchase gives you the first 5 content packs and you can buy others after that. Or the best buy right now gives you the first 9 content packs.

Mokoi

Banned
One more reminder in case ya missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) -- MB-994C822F1672BCE5 - Taken by Dambrosi. 174 entrants total.

t1403738656z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Child of Light is on my wishlist and it's one of the games I was hoping to pick up this sale. But with only a 25% discount, and Uplay to contend with, I think I'll wait until it's cheaper.

Would have possibly jumped on 33% off, would have definitely jumped on 50% or higher.

Chariot

It has microtransactions for cosmetics that you can't get by just playing. Your clothes don't affect your stats and they're still a lot of clothes to buy and get per quest in the normal game.
New content have to be bought to the issues, new storyquest that develop the vast story of the secret world, but some new content is always free.
No pay2win, PVP is separated anyway.

Nibiru

Banned
It has microtransactions for cosmetics that you can't get by just playing. Your clothes don't affect your stats and they're still a lot of clothes to buy and get per quest in the normal game.
New content have to be bought to the issues, new storyquest that develop the vast story of the secret world, but some new content is always free.
No pay2win, PVP is separated anyway.

Very good thanks:)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I usually dislike it when the thread reaches NSFW territory, and this time it may have gone way too far, but...

Someone posted a .gif of Ramona Flowers, so you are all forgiven.

Trejik

What game should I play and review next? My creative mind is racing and bored.

Marlow Briggs
Real Horror Stories
or Super Amazing Wagon Adventure

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What game should I play and review next? My creative mind is racing and bored.

Marlow Briggs
Real Horror Stories
or Super Amazing Wagon Adventure

Marlow Briggs is actually legit

and people say SAWA is good too

Lexxon

So tempted to pick up Child of Light. But I've already told myself I'll probably pick up Transistor if it gets to 25%, as it was from the vote it lost...

Definitely interested in Valiant Hearts for 2 keys if it's still kicking around.

M09482

Neo Member
I decided to finally use SAM, does anyone know exactly how this works, what exactly it installs(reg keys etc), and if anyone has been vac banned just for idling cards with it, thanks.

99% of my play time on Steam is a result of idling on SAM. You wont get banned for using it.

Eusis

I usually dislike it when the thread reaches NSFW territory, and this time it may have gone way too far, but...

Someone posted a .gif of Ramona Flowers, so you are all forgiven.
Haha, that's kind of how I feel... and it might even be on topic vaguely had the game got ported to PC and released on Steam!

Also: Thanks to the mystery person who put up Sang-Froid!

Anyone think GOG will take another stab at competing with the Steam Sale? They're still running timed discounts, but it just seems to be the same stuff as yesterday, minus the free games. It's a shame, I was enjoying bouncing back and forth between the two yesterday.

Ark

Does anyone know if the FF:XIV free 30-days applies as soon as I buy/download the game, or when I create my Square Enix/in-game account?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dead to me

tumblr_lgpvb3eGHw1qh7m9ko1_500.gif

anyway, that Platinum Legend of Korra game is deffinately this week's WTF piece of news o_O

cant say no to more Platinum on PC tho

Does anyone know if the FF:XIV free 30-days applies as soon as I buy/download the game, or when I create my Square Enix/in-game account?

when you create an account

Turfster

Congrats Dambrosi, I'm not jelly or anything, no =p

Anyone think GOG will take another stab at competing with the Steam Sale? They're still running timed discounts, but it just seems to be the same stuff as yesterday, minus the free games. It's a shame, I was enjoying bouncing back and forth between the two yesterday.

They started before the Steam sale started, and did other free games and packs.
The games in the flash rotation have pretty much been the same ones since the start, though.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So far this has been a quiet sale for me.

• Metro 2033
  • Puzzler World 2
  • Nosgoth
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Marlo Brigs
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dark Souls 2 *gifted*

A lot of other games tempting me still. So I will likely double up by the end, but still feels quiet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YEAH! Here I was, wondering if I should buy it on PS3 (got the base game for free thanks to PS+), so this news came at the right time. Thanks a lot for letting us know that!

Haha, that's kind of how I feel... and it might even be on topic vaguely had the game got ported to PC and released on Steam!
I'm going to buy it on PS3 sooner or later, hopefully once it goes on sale. I don't have any hopes for a PC version at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom